SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things you do or like that others might think is a bit weird.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things you do or like that others might think is a bit weird. Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milliron:
I've been a lifelong Ohio State football fan. However, I did not attend Ohio State. It is not my alma mater.

Consequently, I refuse to wear any kind of Ohio State branded gear, despite my lifelong fandom. One of my best friends, who is an even bigger fan and who attended OSU, thinks this is just bizarre.

This sounds normal to me. Weird was someone proclaiming that there should be an "Aggie Ring for Aggies who did not go to A&M..." (Admittedly, that person had been drinking quite a bit, at that point...)

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I work like a dog even though I don’t really have to do so. With the money my wife makes, I could get a part time job and be fine. Today is the first day off I’ve had in nearly two weeks. I put in around 140 hours over the last 11 days. People think I’m insane for doing it. SF thinks it’s just what a person does but the people I work with can’t understand it. It’s why I’m good financially and they’re all struggling.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I number my socks, example I buy 5 pairs of the same style and color one pair would be 1's, 2's and so on so I can keep them paired up.

Also I believe there is a left and a right sock.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Bread and butter pickles on grilled cheese. I won’t eat a grilled cheese without them. Some people think that’s weird. I think they’re weird.

Yeah! I always have dill slices on a grilled cheese

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Uncle Sam I do like my SOS(sh_t on a shingle) on toast with eggs overeasy and several splashes of Tabassco sause... Sliced Banana sammich with mayo..... Chilled Dill pickle juice from fridge.................................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2010 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I don't sit...I squat Roll Eyes

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Biscuits and sausage gravy topped with canned tomatoes and a few table spoons of the juice

But that ain't weird is it? Smile

I have never heard of this and this morning I ate breakfast at a place in Gulf Shores that had biscuits and tomato gravy on the menu.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is weird since I grew up with it but my wife never heard of it.

Cheese on toast. American cheese on a slice of white bread in the toaster oven until the cheese bubbles up to brown and even black in some spots. I love it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Biscuits and sausage gravy topped with canned tomatoes and a few table spoons of the juice

But that ain't weird is it? Smile

One of my friend’s dad fixed breakfast, then poured cane syrup over everything, including the biscuits and gravy and eggs. He was from East Texas just over the Louisiana border.

Posts: 401 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I always back into the driveway and into the garage. Most people seem to go in nose first.

When I was a kid my mother used to mix a few boxes of Mac & Cheese, condensed tomato soup, and diced spam for a quick meal for us. It's still a comfort food I make now and again.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also I believe there is a left and a right sock.

I have a couple pairs that came marked L & R [cycling socks]

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I don't know if this is weird since I grew up with it but my wife never heard of it.

Cheese on toast. American cheese on a slice of white bread in the toaster oven until the cheese bubbles up to brown and even black in some spots. I love it.

I eat that all the time, only I prefer white cheeses, such as Havarti or Provolone...

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:

Mom used to make that and put bacon under the cheese. Good stuff.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I like to put honey or jam on gram crackers and east with a cold glass of milk.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, we seem to be averaging one doozy a page or so, so maybe I should wait until the next page. Parking neatly or eating jelly on something doesn’t ping my meter. Big Grin

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I like saltines with chocolate ice cream.

And they’re good with applesauce on them too. If you eat them with your eyes closed it’s almost like having a slice of low quality apple pie. Big Grin

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instead of catsup, I really like mayo on french fries. I also dip fries in tarter sauce. I eat chili with tortilla chips. Put a spoon of chili and put it on the chip. Really good.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:

Instead of catsup, I really like mayo on french fries.
Have you tried a mix (mayo and catsup / ketchup)?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I always back into the driveway and into the garage. Most people seem to go in nose first.

Do you have a recording of "Squad 51" playing when you leave the garage, too?

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Station 51, KMG 365

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post