SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things you do or like that others might think is a bit weird.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things you do or like that others might think is a bit weird. Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I wear Crocs to go to the mailbox.

I wear them doing yard work and stuff around the house. Wonder what the neighbors think... Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I can’t throw soap slivers away. I save them until I have enough to create another soap bar. Yeah, it’s weird

I do the same thing, so I guess I'm weird also...

Additional weirdness: I love crackers in my soups and chili (with beans of course)... a LOT of crackers! I use either Club crackers or store-brand version of Club, and it's not unusual for me to use an entire stack of them in one bowl, especially if the soup is on the juicy/watery side. I do like chili chips and cheese on occasion and will skip the crackers that way, but otherwise will not eat soup or chili without them...

quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Bread and butter pickles on grilled cheese. I won’t eat a grilled cheese without them. Some people think that’s weird. I think they’re weird.

That actually sounds good to me! Will have to try that soon and see if I like it...

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Maybe another weird thing. We haven't had a bar of soap in our house in probably 30 years. Body wash, Dove foaming soap in a bottle, liquid hand soap at every sink, but no bar soap.

I imagine you're sharing that sliver of soap? No thanks.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

Probably only with someone with whom you already share spit, etc.......

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

Probably only with someone with whom you already share spit, etc.......

Nah, we don't share towels or washcloths either.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peanut butter, mayonaise and banana sandwich.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I can’t throw soap slivers away. I save them until I have enough to create another soap bar. Yeah, it’s weird

I actually take the small portion of soap that's left and fuse it to a new bar. I never waste a bit of my bar soap.

That is what I do, but not as a weird thing I enjoy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Bar soap? They still make those? Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I don't like water. Tap, filtered, bottled, makes me gag.

Frank Sinatra was the same, he used to say water was for fish. He got his "hydration" from coffee, tea, soft drinks and of course, Jack Daniels and ice. Man lived to his 80s.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16705 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
I also save my soap and fuse it to a new bar when it gets thin.

I also enjoy a sausage biscuit with jelly and mustard, delicious.

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 955 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Um, I am doing it right this minute.

Yer gonna go blind.

quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Run.

If anyone of you sees me running... shoot whoever is behind me.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blackberry jam on top of salmon cakes!

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Biscuits and sausage gravy topped with canned tomatoes and a few table spoons of the juice

But that ain't weird is it? Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I arrange my French fries (Freedom fries) by size. I used to also space my hangers evenly as taught in basic training, but I gave that up a decade or two ago. (The clothes on the hangers do have to face the same way, however.) I also group M&M’s by color and number (odd/even). Broken/partial chips and crackers are eaten ahead of whole ones.

Man, I really am weird! Eek

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for sharing. Now let me the hell outta here. Eek

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I back in when I park, every time. I also park on an end usually hugging a curb, away from everyone else.

I am a morning person and get up early every day. 6am is considered sleeping in. I can pop out of bed and immediately start working, cleaning, doing projects, whatever.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1732 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
our vehicles are parked in front of the garage perpendicular to the garage door. If they are visibly angled, I will move the car/truck to correct the mis-alignment.
Now that is really weird. The proper alignment is parallel to the edge of the driveway.
If he was a Marine, not really. It's similar to the way vehicles were parked in the motor pool.

Posts: 9044 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A favorite TV watching snack, sweet relish out of the jar with a salad fork. Dinner fork won't do.

Posts: 647 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not eat or drink after someone else , not even my wife .

Posts: 4059 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One day last winter I stopped in to Costco for three items, but instead of one cart I took two.

When I got back to the meat dept. I offered the second cart to a middle aged fella carrying two balls of T.P..

He said thank you very much, he had just received a call from his wife telling him to get more stuff.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54648 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post