SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do locals call tourists in your town?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do locals call tourists in your town? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
hemorrhoids.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
Pennsylvania Navy.

Posts: 2490 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Shitty drivers.

Usually plugging up the left lane.

We just look for the Florida plates.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Road hazards

I lived in Anchorage, AK, for 5 years and mid-May until Labor Day was tourist season. I could drive across town in a winter storm faster than I could during tourist season. It sucked for locals if your favorite restaurant made a guide book as a place with a normal 5 or 10 minute wait 9 months a year went up to a 1.5 hour wait in tourist season.

The RV rental places were the worst as they'd put an inexperienced driver on the road in a 30' motorhome an hour after landing at the airport. An hour after that they could be driving it through a mountain pass.

It also made me sick when they acted like the economy ran on tourism (reality was ~10%). The Anchorage and Fairbanks economies ran on oil & gas which was a 12 month a year revenue stream (direct and indirect). There wouldn't be 15 story hotels and dozens of restaurants in Anchorage for 3 month a year economy. The more remote burgs that actually ran on tourism had all in ones (lodges/gas stations/restaurants) and were only open 3 months a year.

My favorite t-shirt in Anchorage said:
In moose season the bag limit is 1
In halibut season the bag limit is 2
What is the bag limit in tourist season?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Interlopers.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Californians

Yup. Same here in WA.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
In Atlanta? Victims....

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
When my dad and I lived in Myrtle Beach he called them “Tour-ons “
Half tourist - half moron

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
gapers from the open mouth expressions looking at the mountains while stopped at a green light.

Posts: 4018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Flatlanders or Massholes as already stated.

quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
I am a long-time ski patroller at a local ski area and although they are not ‘tourists’ in the traditional definition, we often refer to clueless, unprepared and usually non-athletic first time skiers as SPORS -

Stupid People On Rental Skis.

Definitely a patroller's term. When snowboarding started we added "SPOTS" - Stupid People On TrayS

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Tourism is pretty big in these parts. We call them tourists.

They are a royal pain in the ass but they are also a big part of our economy. We don't hate them, we are just not that crazy about them. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are referred to as Trolls or Flatlanders. Its amazing to me to see the number of high $$$ motorhomes and pickup towed trailer rigs that invade the Yoop every summer. For the amount of money spent, you could stay at a hotel. With way less man eating Yooper Skeeters! It must be for the "experience".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fudgees, because they all go home with fudge. they are a nessesary evil.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Well my actual “town” isn’t much of a tourist draw, but the most accurate term for tourists in the greater Seattle area is “victim” these days…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Bennys

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pennsyltuckians.

Most come for the fishing. They make dandy shoal markers, too. They actually expect the channel to be by the channel markers, but the locals know that the channel changes with every significant storm.

We love them!

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
There are very few tourists in Houston, and all six of them are at NASA.

I've been to Texas once for a week. You are right, it was to NASA in Houston. It was HOT as hell.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Same as Cow Hampshah - Massholes or Flatlanders.

Unless I'm behind one in a 40 foot, grossly underpowered, Prius towing motor home being driven by a superannuated blue haired old lady peering between the top of the steering wheel and the dash.

Then things get MUCH more colorful and include a lot of hyphens.

Not too bad here in East Overshoe, but getting to/through Ellsworth (Gateway to Bah Hahbah) is a freakin' nightmare from May to December.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Foreigners, even if they're just from North Dakota. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Unless you have a deep and earnest need to see where Great Britain's only president was born [Oliver Cromwell, BTW] there is absolutely zero reason to visit here at all.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post