SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How far do you live from the closest bordering state?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far do you live from the closest bordering state? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I live only about 10 minutes from the closest bordering state, Illinois. I also live about 20 minutes from Missouri, and an hour from Tennessee.

What about you guys?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
11 miles to Iowa

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54703 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hour plus to NC, hour and a half plus to Md.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Driving ~30 miles north or northeast will put me in VA (I-26 and I-81), the same distance south in NC (I-26), and ~70 to Kentucky (US 25E).

Posts: 28006 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Closer to another country (Canada) than I am to another state.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
10-30 min to Alabama depending on direction you choose to drive, 2 hrs to Mississippi or Georgia.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
2.5 Miles to NJ. 22 miles to CT. Time to get to either varies wildly with traffic.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
3.5 to Vegas. 2 to Baja California.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm closer to a foreign country (Canada) than I am to another State.

East Overshoe to New Brunswick, CN - 87 miles (by road)

East Overshoe West to New Hampster - 188 miles

East Overshoe South to Massivetushies - 248 Miles.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
30min to DC, 25min to MD, 35min to WVA.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20843 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
15 minutes from the republic of MD

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15625 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
135 to Iowa and 145 to Wisconsin. I can get Grain Belt beer in either.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I live only about 10 minutes from the closest bordering state, Illinois. I also live about 20 minutes from Missouri, and an hour from Tennessee.

So I am guessing near Paducah?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4283 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
1.1 miles to the Potomac River. At the water's edge and I'm in Maryland.

Now to drive to far shore of the river and be on land, Maryland, I'm about 22 miles to the nearest bridge.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
30 miles +/- to West Virginia or Ohio

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I'm 30 miles from New Hampshire, and under an hour to Massachusetts or Vermont.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3356 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
About 5 miles from Michigan.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

What about you guys?

About an hour to Kentucky, about an hour and a half to Alabama, about 2 to Georgia, about 3 to Arkansas, about 4 to North Carolina.

Posts: 3665 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Well, where I grew up, the Massachusetts/Rhode Island line ran through my house. I could change states quicker than changing my mind. Hell, all of Rhode Island is half an hour wide and 45 minutes long. Now, it's about 3 hours to the Georgia border.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
~40 minutes to Oklahoma, and ~40 minutes to Missouri.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post