SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How far do you live from the closest bordering state?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far do you live from the closest bordering state? Login/Join 
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
25 miles north to southern Washington State border.

Posts: 550 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Hour from Ohio. A few minutes from Canada.

Posts: 17920 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
An hour to Pa, about 20 mins to Canada.

Posts: 3484 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From where I am in Illinois, about 50 miles to Beloit, WI or 80 miles to Clinton, IA.

I dream of the day I can make a one-way trip to either, but for now I'm stuck.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9208 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
40 miles to Louisiana.......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1533 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St. Louis, MO, sits on the edge of the Mississippi. Illinois is across the river. Guess it depends upon how high the river is today Big Grin

Posts: 2698 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Illinois is about a half hour from me.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
About 5 miles from Eastern Wa. border

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
About 30 miles to Pa. Not sure how far across Lake Erie it’d be to Canadian waters.

Posts: 11152 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Ohio is 2.5 miles away. Kentucky is 6 miles away.

Posts: 3814 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From where I am sitting in my living room about 1 mile from IA and about 3 from SD.

Posts: 4072 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
130 miles to Louisiana.

Posts: 11371 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Meh, not too far.....about 1600 miles to Washington State from where I'm at in the interior of Alaska....haha

Posts: 1740 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
20 Miles west to Ohio Line

Posts: 1896 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
20 miles from the Mississippi line

Posts: 13029 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
In Texas, 15 miles from the Oklahoma border.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
1/2 hour (19 mi.) to VT. 1.25 hours (79 mi.) to MA. 1.5 hours (99 mi.) to ME. All are based on no traffic delays. Crow fly distances are of course much shorter.

Distance Calculator

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3497 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
20 minutes to DC, about 30-40 to get to VA or DE at their closest points, and just shy of an hour to the PA or WV lines.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16280 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:

Distance Calculator
"Salem, OH could not be found."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30830 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
About three hours from Mexico and about the same from Louisiana by car.
I thought you lived between Austin and Waco? If so, you couldn't make either in 3 hours even if you were driving 100 mph.

Maybe it’s a little longer to LA....I can’t remember. I was just looking at a map and judging by the time it takes me to get to Austin and San Antonio...

So I google mapped it and it will take four hours to Laredo, and about the same to go to the Texas state line on I20 west of Shreveport....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11338 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post