SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sam Brinton Our Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Office of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition in the U.S. Department of Energy Charged With Stealing..
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam Brinton Our Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Office of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition in the U.S. Department of Energy Charged With Stealing.. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I always suspected he was a serial thief when he was first caught; his demeanor and casual manner suggested that it wasn’t the first time. I’d love to see a few more charges stack up and keep tapping in those coffin nails.

I think we are starting to see the underside of the iceberg with him.

Posts: 7021 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
This is the character who also cosplayed as a dog. Throw him in the pound and if no one gives him a forever home, well....

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8357 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...g-lawyer/ar-AA1bnx0d

Sam Brinton is facing a grand larceny charge stemming from the theft of an African’s designer’s clothing, according to the alleged victim’s lawyer – and may languish in jail for up to a month before being extradited to Washington D.C.

In February, Tanzanian fashion designer Asya Khamsin shared images of Brinton wearing clothing she had made which she said was stolen from Reagan National Airport in 2018.

Khamzin’s lawyer, Peter Hansen, confirmed to The Post Thursday his client “provided information on the clothing that was searched for” at Brinton’s residence this week.

He stated the investigation into Khamsin’s stolen items has been ongoing throughout the spring, and confirmed that the designer recently “provided images of [Brinton] in the [her] designs and pictures of those designs on models or on Asya Khamsin herself to show they were the same articles.”

In an interview with The Post in February, Khamsin recalled being “confused” about how Brinton came to own the brightly-colored one-of-a-kind frocks she had designed for her annual fashion show in Tanzania.

Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police [MWAA] also said they first became aware of the “allegations of stolen property” in February 2023, when Khamsin’s missing clothes first came to the public's attention.

the article may be wrong about extradition to DC, more likely Virginia

Posts: 19602 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...from-justice-charges

Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police, who oversee Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Arlington, Virginia, and Washington Dulles International Airport in Dulles, Virginia, confirmed to the Washington Examiner that the arrest was on charges of grand larceny.

"Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police executed a search warrant May 17 in Montgomery County, Maryland, in connection with allegations of stolen property in luggage from Reagan National Airport that was brought to the department’s attention in February 2023. With the assistance of Montgomery County Police, Samuel Otis Brinton, age 35, of Rockville, Maryland, was taken into custody Wednesday pending charges of Grand Larceny," MWAA Police said in a statement to the Washington Examiner.

Posts: 19602 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Virginia Code § 18.2-95. Grand larceny defined; how punished.

Any person who
(i) commits larceny from the person of another of money or other thing of value of $5 or more,

(ii) commits simple larceny not from the person of another of goods and chattels of the value of $1,000 or more, or
(iii) commits simple larceny not from the person of another of any firearm, regardless of the firearm's value, shall be guilty of grand larceny, punishable by imprisonment in a state correctional facility for not less than one nor more than 20 years or, in the discretion of the jury or court trying the case without a jury, be confined in jail for a period not exceeding 12 months or fined not more than $2,500, either or both.

In Virginia, you do at least 85% of the sentence.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31472 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eventually he will have to do some time as a result of his keen fashion sense.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several questions. If he pleas this out and gets time served or other slap or even acquitted does he keep his nuclear agency security clearance? Also. Let’s see the mugshot and is he being held in womens or men’s area ? Or is there a they/them prison ?

Posts: 4782 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's see how strong his belief of Non-Binary is once he get locked up in prison.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So it looks like it was the African woman he stole the clothing from was the one who started this latest ball rolling, I guess they weren’t going to do anything to him otherwise:

East African fashion designer says SHE called cops on Biden's non-binary ex-nuclear guru Sam Brinton and triggered latest arrest - after she spotted them flaunting outfits from 'luggage theft' that 'seriously damaged her business'

Posts: 33860 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The cops were in his house for an hour before they brought him out. A search warrant must have found the dress in question and probably other stolen items listed by the theft victim.

Posts: 107699 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Held without bail. Wow. I bet he’s pissed this didn’t occur in NY or CA. He’d be out in 10 minutes.

That Tanzanian lady is likely bent he didn’t even wear it correctly. Had it on backwards. Should be arrested for that alone.

Posts: 4782 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
So it looks like it was the African woman he stole the clothing from was the one who started this latest ball rolling, I guess they weren’t going to do anything to him otherwise:

East African fashion designer says SHE called cops on Biden's non-binary ex-nuclear guru Sam Brinton and triggered latest arrest - after she spotted them flaunting outfits from 'luggage theft' that 'seriously damaged her business'

He must've thought he struck gold after opening up that suitcase.

Posts: 14687 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think he literally thought himself as untouchable being a queer/non-binary/LGBTXYZ+++++

He found out the hard way LOL

Posts: 33860 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Not that I know from Virginia criminal law, but I wonder if little Mx. Entitlement didn't do Uncah Ho a favor by assuming he was untouchable. This may all have been a lot less embarrassing - and, legally, serious - if he'd actually lawyered up and turned himself in rather than waiting for an extradition warrant to get processed through a Maryland court and served. In that case his 'employer' would've had to handle him with kid gloves. In this case, they can simply throw the loon away.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder is Bubba will give Brinton's asshole a Yelp review.

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I hope that degenerate gets the book thrown at him. That POS is a perfect representative of the shitshow that is the Biden administration.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
He's gonna take it in the ass for this one.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wonder if he used this tactic when cuffed.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Looks like Sammy The Bull is still in jail and will be locked up with other bulls.

quote:
A Montgomery County Sheriff’s deputy told The Post Tuesday that Brinton is in a “pre-placement” hold at the county jail and should be housed with the “general population” of the men’s jail sometime next week.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/...%20-%20News%20Alerts

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I think he literally thought himself as untouchable being a queer/non-binary/LGBTXYZ+++++

If only he could've added "Person of Color" to the list of privileges.

Missed it by that much!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10711 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post