SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heartbroken... Willow has crossed rainbow bridge.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heartbroken... Willow has crossed rainbow bridge. Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted
Just over 11 years with this sweet girl and should have been many more.
She entered my life at a time when I could not afford another dog and was not looking for one.
But, the situation she was in was certain to be life threatening and one of neglect for this deaf girl. So, I begged the owner to let me have her. Shortly thereafter I posted some things on the forum for sale to help with the costs of her veterinary care. And, not long after that post the heart of the forum showed itself with generosity in the form of donations to help her. I will never forget that kindness.

She took a little while to really trust me and be her true self. But, once she did it was such a gift. She was full of life and always seemed to wear a smile on her face. She was quick to be silly and smart as a whip. She learned hand signals easily and seemed to read my mind even without them. She was an athlete soaring for frisbees and running fast just for “zoomies” sake.
She adored car rides and falling asleep in your lap. She loved playing chase with her “sister” Lily and I am picturing them in heaven now playing that same game together again.

I was always worried for her. I feared losing her and how I would get her back when I couldn’t call for her. But, she never worried for herself. She never felt “less than” for being deaf or having poor eyesight. And, she embodied that same stoic, strong character until the end. I had no idea she was as ill as she was until a few days before. She didn’t show it at all and was still playing frisbee (though for only a short time) two weeks ago. Her entire liver was cancer and it had spread to her spleen as well. She wouldn’t have had long to live and it would have been painful for her. So, I made the difficult choice to let her go peacefully. We had two hours together alone in a room before I finally called the vet in. I held her until her last breath and then for some time after. I will miss her so much and I am grateful for all the time I had with her. She made my life better. I will remember her funny ways and all the smiles she gave me. And I hope I never forget the feel of her velvety soft head.

I love you Willow. Godspeed sweet girl.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
My heart goes out to you, Tara. Merlot and countless other forum dogs will be waiting there to welcome her.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, may God Bless.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. The heart is filled with joy when they are with us but aches heavily when the special bond blessed with unconditional love passes. Dogs make us want to be better people. May joy once again fill your heart soon.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear.

They make such an impact on our hearts and lives and even though we know that day will come and tear us apart we accept the coming pain because of the joy, unconditional love, and companionship they provide.

Two years ago today I had to help my Aussie/Border Collie mix “Dingo” across the bridge. I’m sure he will welcome Willow and keep her company until you meet again.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful obituary you wrote for her.

I must say a few tears escaped as I read this and viewed all of your beautiful photos.

I had to make the same hard decision last December for my Abby, who was with us sixteen years! I hope they run into each other. They look like kindred souls.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. I know what she meant to you as you posted about her a lot.

My condolences...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Tara, may Willow rest in peace.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Tara, I am so sorry to hear Willow has crossed over Frown...I still remember when we had to make the same decision when Jenny’s cancer spread...it was so hard and I’m not ashamed to say that I cried for days ...our fur kids are that loved and part of our lives. She was a blessed pup to have you for a Mom and you showed your love for her until the end. May God bless and comfort you.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss.

She's a very pretty girl and looks very happy in your pictures. You gave her a good life.

Will add you and her to our prayers.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Oh no T. I know how much Willow meant to you and how much all of us loved our updates and pictures of her.

You are in my prayers Frown

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is a beautiful girl. We truly don’t deserve dogs. Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 154 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

I'm sure you know this, but you did a wonderful thing and gave her the best life a dog could hope for. Take comfort in that.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You gave her a great life! My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when you got her, feels like yesterday, sorry to hear this. You gave her a great home when others wouldn’t and she paid you back and then some, they always seem to know when they are rescued ....

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
So very sorry, T. Having just gone through it I know exactly what you are going though.

You gave her a great live. She will always be with you.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Oh Tara, we are sooo sorry to hear this news. Our Mini Aussies, Patches and Bella are 13 and 14. I can only imagine the loss you must feel with the loss of a wonderful partner as a loved Dog. You and your family are in our prayers. Blessings.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post