SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heartbroken... Willow has crossed rainbow bridge.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heartbroken... Willow has crossed rainbow bridge. Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
So sorry to read of the loss of your beautiful friend. It sounds like she had a great life!

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this sad news. Please know Willow will not be alone. She will have plenty of new friends while they all wait to see us again.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry Tara. I know how much she meant to you. Prayers inbound for you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
So very sorry you lost your beautiful girl.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, pets mean so much to some of us. We lost two over the last year, it's been tough.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My condolences, P226RN Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
RIP Willow and please accept our condolences.

We too are huge dog fans and it never gets any easier to say goodbye - for now.

Posts: 3724 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss! Willow looks like she was a great companion and very happy! Take comfort in knowing that you gave her a good life.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry for your loss. One of the tougher tomes in life for sure. Hold on to and always remember the 11 years you had with Willow. Prayers sent.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear T. Thank you so much for sharing her over the years. She was kind of "our dog" too. But really only yours. It is tough. Something we all dread. And even though it hurts and really hurts. It is so worth it. The love, companionship, joy and true selflessness is something that just cannot be duplicated in our universe. It is something that just makes our lives so worth living.

I know you will miss her terribly. But she will alway's be part of you and you will always carry her with you.

It is not the end. But a new beginning when you are ready. Take your time. We shed a tear with you.

Keep us post on the next chapter.

Sincerely, orc

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Not much else but time to even begin to heal it. Good on you for saving her and giving her a great life. You can tell from the pictures just how completely loved she knew she was. Like PHPaul said, the best life she could have hoped for. Because of you, she was a very happy dog!

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Grief is the price for love. It's a currency and it has an exchange. The greater the grief, the greater the love.
So very true.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sad news to read

those were great photos and you had a great companion

the best of memories Smile

Bandit and I send our condolences

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Bless you Tara, for being her special person. I'm so terribly sorry.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Sorry Tara.....

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I teared up just reading about Willow. I love dogs and have lost, and still miss, many of them. We have generally owned 2 dogs for the 47 years we've been married. Some of them are just plain special. I have a special Goldendoodle that turns 11 tomorrow. He may be the last dog we own. Time will tell. Threads like this reinforce how special some dogs - and people are. God Bless.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I too am sorry for your loss, I actually teared up reading the last few sentences ....

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this. It hurts but always remember that Willow couldn't have had a better life or more love.

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful tribute for an even more beautiful girl. My sincerest condolences on the loss of your companion and immense admiration for being the person she clearly needed.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 570 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
What a great story and wonderful friendship you enjoyed. Willow surely loved you and was grateful for all you did for her I'm tearing up typing this as I know this grief so well having lost three loved companions in the past.

Very sorry for your loss.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post