SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heartbroken... Willow has crossed rainbow bridge.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heartbroken... Willow has crossed rainbow bridge. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
P226RN...

I am very sorry for your loss.

As the dad to 4 fur babies currently, and someone who has had to put down 2 dogs in the last 6 years, I know it is devastating and heartbreak that will go away very soon.

Praying for you...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bozman,

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 RN, I'm sorry. It sucks.
It leaves a void in your life that's impossible to fill. Yeah, you can get another dog, but it won't be THAT DOG.

It's been a few years, and I'm still thinking about my best friend.
If there is an afterlife, I'm sure it's filled with Dogs.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry to hear this. There are no words to help, but after reading your tribute I’ll just say she was so lucky to find you.
You are in our thoughts tonight as I sit here with my pups.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I remember the thread you made about bringing home another dog you didn't really have the time/space/energy/etc. for. I remember thinking at the time you were a much better person for taking on the extra care that a dog like Willow required.

I'm sure you gave that dog a life she had little chance of living outside of being your partner. It wont make it less sad but just remember how awesome a life she had and that you made that happen.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My deep condolences. Willow appeared to be a sweet and happy girl. Cherish the memories.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
It is never easy. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so much for taking the time to offer words of comfort and to be a witness to my sweet girl’s life. It means the world to me. My heart goes out to all of you who have lost and are currently losing your beloved animals. Biggest hugs to you all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
While few if any here ever met Willow, we all loved her. We knew she was special and we also knew she had a VERY special place in your heart and life. I’m so sorry for your loss and the heartache you are enduring. God bless.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Our pets become part of our families. It's never easy to make those decisions but remember the amazing life you gave her and the joy she brought to your life.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Tara,

I'm so sorry.

I've followed your posts about Willow here for years and I know how much you loved her.

She was a great dog and thank you for being the best companion for her. She had a wonderful life with you, and I'm sure, if there is a "beyond" she is up there singing your praises.

She went knowing she was loved by you, and that is all any dog really needs to know to feel content.

I've been her many times myself and it isn't much consolation, but remember that they know their lot in life, and it is to soak up as much love as they can in their short lives, and to show as much love as they can to us.

She would appreciate your words.

I'll keep both Willow and you in my thoughts.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. I wonder if they know how much they mean to us and how much they fill our lives.

She looks like she had a great life. Eleven years is just not long enough.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
So very sorry T. I know she meant the world to you. Our condolences.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry Tara

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences Tara.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
you have my condolences. Your posts on Willow were inspiring and I thank you for giving her such a wonderful life.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
I really cannot thank you all enough for all of the sweet posts. Your words and care mean so much!
Thank you.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... our best friends that leave memorable and emotional reminders.

Condolences on the loss ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Heartbreaking. They never stick around long enough. I always enjoyed your posts and updates about Willow. She was fortunate to have been in your care.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post