SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Queen is ailing. Update: She has passed.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Queen is ailing. Update: She has passed. Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Joe & Dr. Jill took time out from their busy day to travel across town to the British Embassy, so Joe could copy down a note his handlers wrote for him into the condolence book.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...een-elizabeth-video/

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Ironbutt - Politics in an apolitical thread. Especially since the Queen rose above politics. Thanks.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
tacfoley, my heartfelt condolences to you and the rest of the peoples of the United Kingdom.

...and Commonwealth.

Thank you, Sir.
and Commonwealth Smile You're welcome, tac.

Despite being an ungrateful colonial Smile, I will truly miss her.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fc...ormat=jpg&name=large

My favorite Queen pic. This was a Women of substance.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fc...ormat=jpg&name=large

My favorite Queen pic. This was a Women of substance.

Ohh, that is sooo worth an embed. Cool

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Calamity Jane, Belle Starr nor Annie Oakley have anything on theQueen. Love her digging in stance, ready for recoil at her age.
The soldier under the umbrella can’t get enough of her!

God Keep, Ma’am!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's a similar photo, from 1947, showing then-Princess Elizabeth shooting a Lee-Metford rifle converted to .22 Short aboard the battleship HMS Vanguard.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for the photo. Princess Margaret led quite the life,although a bit on the wild side. I remember when she was dating Mick Jagger. Sisters with two different paths in life.
(The pic is not of Princes Margaret but of Elizabeth and her lady in waiting.}

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Modern Day Savage and others of course

Thank you for those words - yesterday was a tough day

She was only my 'boss' for four short years but Her Majesty played a role in my upbringing - even after Canada repatriated its Constitution

She was the only monarch in my life up until now

I will admit that I'm not a monarchist in the strict definition but I always admired the way they functioned above the political fray and the fact that they represented a huge link to history

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for the photo. Princess Margaret led quite the life,although a bit on the wild side. I remember when she was dating Mick Jagger. Sisters with two different paths in life.

You're conflating two different Margarets...

That photo shows Princess (later Queen) Elizabeth and her lady-in-waiting Margaret Egerton.

You're thinking of Princess Margaret Rose Windsor, the Queen's sister, who was the "wild child" of the royal family for a period of time.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
A positive and wise presence that, like the permanence of the earth, was unshakeable.

An exemplar of class of a type we'll likely never see again on the world stage. No one in 1952 expected the sudden death of her father. Her life's trajectory was almost, but not quite analagous to The road not taken. It was more like The road I was on until a helicopter landed and took me away but not before turning to rocket that road into oblivion.

She took her new life as a responsibility to be lived up to. An image to portray and maintain for the good of her country. I have no doubt whatsoever that at many a time it was a very difficult thing to do. But she remained faithful to doing it for her lifetime.

I find myself a bit relieved on her behalf, that she can finally lay down her burden.

The world was lucky to have had benefit of her presence for seventy years.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
My condolences to the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. Queen Elizabeth was one of a kind, hard to imagine a world without her.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I imagine the Queen is reading this forum and smiling.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
For those reading the forum outside of the US, just thought I'd mention that the passing of Queen Elizabeth has been the dominant news since first announced. Every radio news break that I've listened to has mentioned it or her reign, and every single talk radio program I've listened to over the last 24 hours or so has discussed her reign and impact at length, with several callers calling in and relating fond memories of her or sharing of small treasured souvenirs that remind them of her.

This isn't just a British loss, or a loss for The Commonwealth, this is very much a loss for much of the world.

A regularly scheduled program was just interrupted to cover King Charles III coronation speech now, his first address to The Commonwealth as King, and I'm listening to it now.

I don't know the man, or his heart, or his intentions or beliefs...but his words strike me as sincere and heartfelt... and what we would hope to hear from a monarch attempting to follow in his mother's fine example.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're conflating two different Margarets...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The pic is not of Princes Margaret but of Elizabeth and her lady in waiting.

I guess you missed that line.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Professor Emeritus Peterson had excellent, extemporaneous comments on the passing of the Queen.

I like to think of myself as intelligent and smart. Every time I hear him speak, I'm left feeling like a mental midget.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Professor Emeritus Peterson had excellent, extemporaneous comments on the passing of the Queen.

I was just about to post this same video. Agreed. Powerful and meaningful insights from Jordan.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Operation London Bridge' maps out the 10 days after Queen Elizabeth's death.

LINK: https://www.npr.org/2022/09/08...es-
funeral-accession

Excellent article describing what will happen over the next ten days.

posted Hide Post
He has had a lifetime to prepare this speech. ALL heads of state have speechwriters. Ronald Reagan looked good because of his delivery and the content written by Peggy Noonan.

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
You know I have always passed bad judgment on those who call themselves any country/American! Just galled me quite a bit. But with the Queen passing… I realized if anyone can call themselves
Blank/American it’s us. Those of us born of British ancestry are,English-Americans. We rebelled and rightfully so. But our country of origin is what it is. And our cousins over there are Kin. And as she was Queen for almost all my life, minus one year. She was my surrogate Queen. A Queen that was as stable as any leadership could be. She was admired by many not living in England myself included. Thank you You Queen Elisabeth for your service to your people.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post