SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dryer from Lowe’s Caused a Electrical Fire Last Night. Update: Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dryer from Lowe’s Caused a Electrical Fire Last Night. Update: Page 5 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

So in this set up, if one were to touch the rear unpainted area of the dryer, would ya get a shock?

Yes
It would be the same as reaching in and grabbing the hot bus bar in a live panel.

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe they messed up that connection after seeing the picture. Center wire on the cord should’ve been terminated on the center connection. The two outside wires should’ve been terminated on the two outside connections. The bonded ground is for a 3-wire cord which is correct in this instance. If it was a 4-wire cord, the bonded neutral wire is supposed to be disconnected.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pretty amazed that after 9 years of hooking up dryers , ( approx. 130 per year)
that I never crossed over any wires.

that guy needs way more additional training

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
They said they just rebox/retape it with the blue protective film and deliver it to someone else.

Which is illegal (selling used as new).

Our Lowes has an aisle for scratch and dent, display, and returned appliances marked down and labeled as to why. I doubt it will be resold as new... but our manager seems to be a good guy from my experience, YMMV.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lowes delivered me a used defective repaired refrigerator as new when the delivery company broke the plastic ice maker water line connection off the first fridge during install.

When I called the manufacturer for service the had someone else as owner.

I called the store manager and they delivered a new one the next day.

Posts: 4786 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I finally got to read the update on page 5, damn RAMIUS, glad you guys are ok, solid work getting it squared away too. WHAT a complete fuckshow from beginning to end. I literally shuddered when I saw those pics. SO glad you guys are still with us with all your limbs. Damn!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post