SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Member behavior and the administering of SIGforum
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Member behavior and the administering of SIGforum Login/Join 
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Love the place, happy to learn and contribute.

May I make a request? Since most of my browsing is from a smart phone or tablet, it can be a challenge to go to subsequent pages in a thread by hitting the number. I can spread my fingers on the screen and zoom in, but I see lots of other forums that have a ‘next’ button by the pages counted in the thread.

Could you please add a ‘next’ button on threads with multiple pages?

Thank you, and happy new year!!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
(raises hand to be counted among those who aren't always easy...)

I'm living evidence of the patience and reasonableness of Para.

This many years in, this many posts (70% or so during the run-up and election cycle, because Never Hillary from day one was my natural disposition), and through all of that and some squabbles with the man even, and throughout all of these years I've been given wide latitude, even in contentious and sensitive topics, and sure - I''ve been told to zip it or what have you plenty over the years (paraphrasing, no pun). Yet, I'm still welcome.

I mentioned to him privately that I'm certain I'd be just as much of a hardass sometimes (or more) if the roles were reversed, and that I'm also certain I couldn't and wouldn't remain as generally patient.

It's the most civilized rowdy bar I know and frequent. Not for the overly sensitive. It's obviously a work of passion, keeping this place going year after year without cluttering it up with ads and junk.

SigForum is a special place.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I am just one of the faces in the crowd that comes here everyday since I joined. I believe if not for Para's firm and steady hand at the helm, Sigforum would have descended into chaos and possibly obscurity long ago.

I am extremely grateful for Para hosting and running this Cantina in the Cloud. Even though Para does an incredible and thankless job, without the membership, his job would be fairly irrelevant.

The membership, under the stewardship of Para and the other mods, is what keeps me coming back day after day. I have learned, grown, laughed, cried, prayed for and with the members here, that I think my life would be fairly empty without y'all.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

you had me at fascinating dichotomy

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Now, you listen to me! I don't want any Smith and wesson, or Highpoint forums,

no Firingline and I don't want any ground floors, or Ruger forums or glock talk and

I don't want to get married - ever - to anyone! You understand that? I want to do what I want to do. And you're... and you're...

Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
………………..In summation Wink; THANK YOU Para!

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
So, I'll comment on this...

First thanks, over all, I think you do a great job...

but, and here I go.... I can't quite figure out the deleting& locking of some post and not others ....

best example as of late was the Texas Church Shooting... you locked one because of some one(s) making comments you did not like and then someone else posted in the pistol section about it wondering about the one head shot and you just deleted that one out right after I posted a picture from the video showing why Mr. McCall took one head shot...?

I understand this is your forum and you make the rules it just seems some times those rules change with out any explanation... but as I said... thanks for all you do... I've learned so much about Sigs and Shooting them here it can't be given a value.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
So, I'll comment on this...

First thanks, over all, I think you do a great job...

but, and here I go.... I can't quite figure out the deleting& locking of some post and not others ....

best example as of late was the Texas Church Shooting... you locked one because of some one(s) making comments you did not like and then someone else posted in the pistol section about it wondering about the one head shot and you just deleted that one out right after I posted a picture from the video showing why Mr. McCall took one head shot...?

I understand this is your forum and you make the rules it just seems some times those rules change with out any explanation... but as I said... thanks for all you do... I've learned so much about Sigs and Shooting them here it can't be given a value.

The explanation about the nonexplanation has been explained previously

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I would like to say thank you for maintaining this oasis on the 'net, and thank you for your patience.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15906 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did the nonexplanation cover the waver and nonexemptions thereof?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9162 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might as well get it out in the open.

Its a new year and I'm still happy to be here. Smile

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
Para -- thank you for hosting and over-seeing -the- finest forum I'm privileged to be a member of.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Figures, I have a short attention span and did not make it all the way through the original post. My only excuse is I should have died twice last year but some how lucked out.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Page3. Case in point.

Since he's "outta here" I guess it does not matter, but you've been around for 10+ years and show your ass after the owner of the forum calls you out, after you flaunt the rules by crowbarring in how funny you think you are.

Just does not make any sense to fight with the forum owner about stuff like that.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...100084564#8100084564

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12344 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
para, I think you do an outstanding job moderating this forum. I have moderated a couple of forums and it is one of the hardest, most thankless volunteer jobs I know of, much like being president of your homeowner's association.

Thanks for doing a great job and for providing this place for us.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Case in point.

OMG! I guess if any of the twinkle toe SWJ snowflakes wanted an example of why they insist men menstruate too, our apparently now departed member might have been a good candidate for their poster boy. Frown

He showed more than his ass. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Page3. Case in point.

Wow, I don’t get it. There are definitely times to sleep on things before responding. I thought everyone knew that.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26443 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Its the Law of Attraction. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1944 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post