SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Everyone's SitRep?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everyone's SitRep? Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Mrs. and I ventured out this morning to get some stuff. We hit the Little Rock Air Force Base Commissary as they opened. At best, even during good times this Commissary is very poorly managed. At opening time there were no paper towels, napkins or toilet paper. Maybe 8 boxes of Kleenex. Zero sanitizing products ((Lysol, hand sanitizers, etc.) Limited quantities of meat. Milk and eggs and other dairy products in good supply. Customers were, for the most part wearing PPE.

Stopped at Home Depot on the way back home. Many people there. A couple of them were wearing masks. Employees and customers still standing close and talking without PPE. It's as if nobody gives a shit about getting or spreading the virus. WTF?

Paid $1.91 for ETHANOL FREE, 91 octane gas!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7144 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Business as usual for me as I'm essential; the kids being home from school obviously adds a different dimension and the recent stay at home order will change the dynamic further. No road blocks like I'm hearing are occurring in Florida at the state line.

Grocery stores are all using the Wal Mart model of one-in, one-out but supplies are slowly returning to the shelves with regularity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15700 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All as before. I work from home, the wife is disabled, we live in the sticks. The same two pickups go up the road and back doing their farming chores, so traffic is unchanged.

This is the time of year when I don't have to visit houses to assess them, so about the only change for me is only driving somewhere once every four weeks rather than once every two weeks.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2086 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I defied the evil Queen of Michigan and stealthily drove to Walgreens today. Eek
I made it back home without arrest.
Mask wearing was about 50 / 50 including the employees.
Status Quo.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16219 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Still working, we're still wearing gowns, masks, eye protection and gloves for pretty much every patient encounter on medical calls. And we're wearing masks and gloves for every other type of call. It's annoying but it is what it is.

Our call volume has plummeted since this whole thing started though.

Posts: 6380 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness My Wife and myself still have jobs we have plenty of food and eating well .
Staying at home when not working is getting to be a Pain but I prefer staying safe so we will deal with it.
The local adult beverage store is still open by doing walk up to the front door and they get it for you . So all and all we are good

Posts: 1609 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
We're good. Wife and I working from home, my son is doing distance learning for school the remainder of the year. So far, all works amazingly well, all things considered.

Stores are still not fully stocked, but all essentials are available. I am grateful that my past hurricane prep has paid off, we weren't caught in need of anything critical. It has been fun learning to make do when our conveniences aren't as readily available.

I am very sorry for those that are suffering due to loss of jobs, etc. Otherwise, I actually like the new situation. The only real annoyance to me is that our MMA gym is closed, so my son and I are having to keep active on our own.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4918 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
quote:
Originally posted by Windhover:
Thankfully I am still employed. Working from home via remote access. Court hearings are curtailed and conducted by Court Call.

Pretty much staying home except for grocery shopping. Oh and sometimes takeout food from my favorite Thai place.

Drinking more whisky than I normally used to...

Is that Sumran by your house?

Nakorn Thai. Sumran is close second, though.

Posts: 1170 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Constant code yellow here. Frequent forward recons for toilet paper. Went for groceries last night. The other shoppers were terrified of me, so much I considered dismounting the bayonet. Taking frequent medicinal doses of Irish.

Just kidding. We gotta stand 6 feet apart at the store, on painted rectangles. The entry/exit is controlled, 1 in/1 out. Only 1 person per 1000 sq feet of store. One family member at a time. Wife and I were "reminded" of social distancing while walking together by a LEO. I asked him if that applied to sex as well.

In other words, it's a Soviet paradise, bread lines and all.

Posts: 17191 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've been home sick for a week. I have three employees and a couple co-workers quarentined at home with the virus. Myself... I seem to have everything BUT the virus. lol Leaning towards the flu in my expert medical opinion. Wink

All in all this covid thing hasn't effected me at all, which I suppose is kind of sad really.

Posts: 21192 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
All ok here. Most importantly we are all healthy. I've been working from home and wife works overnights (healthcare). We have plenty of supplies and food (my wife will never again complain about having venison from 2-3 deer in the freezer). We've got plenty of other supplies if the need ever arises. Both kids (grown) are fine. Outside of work I've been doing a lot of firewood cutting and splitting - by myself with no human contact; it is therapeutic. I am itching for the start of turkey season and see myself spending many mornings afield. I'll admit I've not been sleeping well...just sort of restless at night. We're 350 miles from NYC and do not have the number of COVID19 cases that they do (thankfully). Overall we are faring well and for that I am grateful. I hope all here stay healthy and vigilant.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8580 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Cool. Furloughed to the end of the month (at least), so I'm reliving the lazy summer vacations of my youth, except with the addition of the internet which didn't exist back then. I'm just glad The New Zoo Revue isn't on anymore -- hated that show!

Posts: 5588 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Still working. Work has gotten strange; patients are scared, working in PPE sucks, daily changes in protocols, and I didn't think it was possible but Anchorage's homeless population has become even more icky. The city converted the 2 big hockey arenas in mid-town to homeless shelters. Every single patient we've received from there has had lice, scabies or bed bugs.

Have got cabin fever bad. Spring has hit Alaska, breakup has started, it's nice to be outside despite the mud and the muck. Would love nothing more than a mini road trip with the camera right now.

Good Gravy, that sounds grim. Hoping it gets better soon. My hat is off to you for your diligence.

Posts: 405 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Situation remains normal for me as my daily life hasn't changed to any degree.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2097 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda buisness as usual. Construction is an essential buisness. Our office has about 10 projects on hold or delayed start by request of the owners. I have 3 projects still progressing. I travel about 4 days a week, 2 to Jacksonville NC and Newbern, 2 to Christiansburg VA, 1 day work from home. All areas have 2-3 cases Per 10,000 in each county.

Better half is retired, staying at home, a few trips to stores as needed. FIL in an assisted living with 0 cases so far, he has the biggest risk in the family

1 daughter and boyfriend layed off, small restaurants Job. One daughter in on-line college for accounting. DIL works for USPS.

All is good, so far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eltonr,

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Well, I was “essential” up until yesterday when my essentialness was summarily stripped from me after my 89 yo father was admitted to the hospital for COPD/CHF issues and tested positive for the ‘rona.

Since I live with someone who has tested positive, I am no longer “welcome” at work and have been put on COVID admin leave for a minimum of 14 days. Catch 22, they won’t refer me for first responder testing since I don’t have any symptoms.

Just me, my wife and Dad in our house. Neither wife nor I have been sick and have done our part on avoiding others. Very odd, he hasn’t left the house on over 6 weeks and other than being run down/tired no symptoms. No symptoms for me or my wife either and we have been taken frequent temps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11036 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
We are farming our youngest son out Monday thru Friday to a friend who is home schooling her three children. He likes it, and he is doing some learning as the school is sending packets of homework for him to accomplish."

My wife is working as normal six blocks from the house as the Administration Officer of our rural fire department, and I have been relegated to working from home for the Corps of Engineers doing purchasing, and only going into the dam if it is a need. I went in yesterday to pick up a bunch of items I had ordered for my department from our warehouse as they are running out of space.

Glad to have a job and a paycheck, pissed that I have to use my personal resources for work (internet and phone).

Went to the slaughter house yesterday on my way home from the dam and picked up a box of beef and pork from the meat locker we rent.

Have plenty of TP, soap, Lysol, and cleaning supplies.

May you all be blessed,
Dave

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Still working (farmer), but all nonprofit related meetings either cancelled or moved to zoom. No more weekly walks to Avila with the family for breakfast at the beach (3 miles round trip) seeing lots of folks on the public trail. Instead getting several afternoon walks each week on different loops in the valley on the ranch, most about 1.5 miles. Instead of seeing people we see lots of turkeys, a few deer, the odd coyote, and every once in a while a bobcat. The dogs are enjoying the lack of leashes. Getting a few more opportunities to shoot with the kids. All in all, can’t complain a bit.

Posts: 6960 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Kids lost their mind, and I cannot sleep. Also, I gained some pounds, and mayyyy be drinking too much. Cats are ok.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
SNAFU

Wife has worked from home the last two weeks. I’m essential (HA) but the job (management above me) is wearing on me after only 7 weeks. Financially sound so if need be I can tell the overbearing MF to get bent and not worry much. Keep telling myself I shouldn’t complain seeing as how lots of people have it worse than me.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post