SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Everyone's SitRep?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everyone's SitRep? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My situation has not changed, but I have noticed that there is more traffic than before, although still well below normal. I do wear a mask when I shop now (got one when I went to the doctor's office to have blood work done--all OK). Have not noticed serious shortages in the market.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i was able to get a haircut the 8th & the gym opened the 18th, life is getting better.

Posts: 2233 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went on our scheduled week off April 7th, then had 80 hours paid Covid leave, got layed off the next day until possibly late June or July. Put 400 + miles on the Yamaha X4 SxS, wired in a led light bar and four 4" led pod lights, wired a couple of interior lights, oil and all fluid changed. Got my first unemployment check. Bought a new chainsaw, now have to use it... Been out at our camp, shot the blackout pistol. New u joints on the Jeep XJ. New decking on the snowmobile trailer. Cooking a turkey and a ham on the charcoal grill on Friday. SxS ride on Saturday... Just livin' the dream...!!!

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Seriously. Waiting for the clampdown to be lifted. But I still got to work every day and shop as per usual.

Gov. Cooper is such a precious little tard...doesnt discuss anything before hand with NC Council of State. Just makes shit up on the spot and then holds a presser.

Hes expected to announce today that Phase 2 of re-open NC will occur Friday the 22nd at 5 PM, meaning restaurants, bars, gyms, houses of worship and entertainment venues can open with limitations (mainly on occupancy I believe).

No mention of barbers etc. Hopeful for your son to get back to work soon, Mike.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
.... The commie governor in NC is fighting re-opening tooth and nail...don’t know when he can go back to work. Just hoping he can weather this...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hunkered down in a hopefully secure location. Wearing my armor, extra mags in a chest carrier, and X-Ray 1 is with me. Trying to get to the RV for pickup and ex-fil.

Seriously, I'm ok. Working on and off cause gun stores are "essential." Need a haircut, but managed to sort of trim the beard. Wife made us masks for when we have to go somewhere they're required. Freezer and pantry are full. Oh yeah, one walk-in closet is full of ammo, I have no complaints.

My governor is a total shit head "Big Brother" type, complete with daily, hour long self aggrandizing speeches. I WILL become more active in local politics. Even the mayor proved he's a dickhead (again.)

Posts: 17187 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I broke on sunday ,
laid in too the grass cutter , at the apts.
cops and land lord called

12 years in tiny town and finally found the one A hole in the whole township.

no, It didn't make me feel better,
nothing got solved.

but we've got a 50% better understanding
of the relationship
well I do any way
The guy and his son are such thick headed
jack asses that they have forgotten about it by now

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54887 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Still at the “Nothing has changed in my life” stage. Wife has been working from home but she did that for years at one stretch so it’s not much of an adjustment. Customers at my job got hateful as hell a few weeks ago for about a week straight. Since then there have been random episodes of hateful idiots but not the sustained anger of that week. This afternoon I got yelled at over the phone for 15 minutes only to find out that the customer was sent everything she ordered online and that it was from a different store. *shrug* I’m off the next two days and I’m currently on the porch with a 22oz barrel aged 19.5% ABV beer and a quality cigar. Screw it.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First week of this farce, this plumbers phone quit ringing. That had me worried as shit cause if I don't work the money stops. 2nd week and on, all seems normal.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything is normal here I’m working like a rented mule and 100 miles from the wife and kids during the week and home and barbecuing during the weekend

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Health issues (kidney stone removal) have taken first place this week.
Wife is enforcing quarantine out of concern for our pregnant daughter, and our two-year-old granddaughter.
Traffic is back to 70% or so of normal.
Canceled my first lunch at a restaurant (outdoor) due to my stone issues—was looking forward to that.
Other than that, can’t complain, because not allowed to. Wink

Posts: 18186 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We’re doing pretty well in East Texas. Work wise the CARES and PPP programs have help sustain our workforce. Our oilfield business is still in the doldrums, but some of our other industrial customer base are still ordering.
Family wise we’re doing well, our kids are still working, and we’ve got a family beach excursion planned in August.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1534 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Back to work mostly while I try to find new path in life. Wife doesn't want me working in people's houses anymore and I'm happy to oblige while I search for a new job or possibly career. Getting 25-30 hours a week doing just commercial/retail work while leaving holes in my week for job hunting and interviews. Nice balance, can pay my bills and have time to search. Told my boss that I was leaving, but will stick around to tie up loose ends, help him out, and train my replacement when he finds him.

Life is good better.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sat out five weeks in furlough purgatory starting the last week of March; had to the deal with the Charlie Foxtrot otherwise known as Washington State Employment (non)Security Department, aka filing for unemployment while WA State is freely handing out $650 MILLION to scammers. Dealt with chores while wifey worked from home. Got to reacquaint myself with my Xbox One and gaming (normally serves as my Blu-ray machine). Went back to work the first week in May and neck deep into the buying madness. Spent seemingly endless hours trying to restock our display cases and ammo shelves. Then the second wave hits; more endless hours trying to find stuff for the shop to sell. Oh what fun...I constantly have to remind myself that it all pays the same. Oh and sometime during this the state finally came through with the unemployment moneys...only a solid eleven weeks late.

Only real change is the masks, gloves (since I'm one of those "at-risk individuals") and the cleaning routine during and especially at the end of the business day. Oh and to confront my inability to read peoples' half hidden faces. Commute is eye-opening fast; I never want THIS part to end. Wife does most of the grocery shopping like she always has. Aside from not having the occasional take-out from our handful of favorite restaurants and me really needing a haircut, life is surprisingly normal. I've even taken out my cars for a bit of driving enjoyment, just to stretch their legs and pamper my inner Haywood (Hurley, that is).

-MG

Posts: 2073 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Life is good. I lost 15 pounds during the Panic. I’ve been working out 6 days a week (running 4). I’ve been getting lots of dry fire in. Life is good.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Jones, I found 10 of your 15 lbs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Jones, I found 10 of your 15 lbs.

And I the other 5! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16330 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post