SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Everyone's SitRep?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everyone's SitRep? Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
We've been in "shelter at home" now for almost a month. Our kids are not going back to school and will be continue their "distance learning." We are eating well, and healthy. Things are ok, however, SLEEPING is impossible!

How are things in your part of the world?

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6022 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Ops Normal here. I go to work as usual. Mrs Navyshooter stays busy thinking of things for me to work on around the house when I get home......

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10364 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
OPS normal here

since I decided not to travel as extensively as I once did for work, I've been essentially sheltered in place for almost 5 years

its not that bad

I barked at a woodpecker this morning and it scared the crap, out of Bandit

I get out to shop for groceries about once every 10 days and thats about it

Posts: 53385 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
OPS normal here except:

Mag lock on office door to keep people out.
Drive to work is about 20% quicker.
Grocery shopping once a week (with a mask).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16127 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Thankfully I am still employed. Working from home via remote access. Court hearings are curtailed and conducted by Court Call.

Pretty much staying home except for grocery shopping. Oh and sometimes takeout food from my favorite Thai place.

Drinking more whisky than I normally used to...

Posts: 1170 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Fine, only change is no work travel but otherwise all is well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No change. I work from home already so, the SIP orders aren't disruptive to my normal routine. My work travel has been curtailed and the volume of emails have dropped-off but, I'm thankful to be still employed.

Did some big shopping last month so, I'm well provisioned. I've gone out for certain perishables like fruit, veg, and such but, largely keep away from the general populace. The trails were pretty packed early on, now things have thinned-out as people have figured out other locations to get some fresh air.

Posts: 14802 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
"Home or Work" order in South Carolina, through who knows when. "...through the duration of the state of emergency" is in the order, but isn't defined.

Next door across the river in Georgia, a "state of emergency" has been declared and extended through May 13. A separate order declared "shelter in place" through April 6, but is presumably a part of the extension through May 13.

All the standard "exceptions" apply (necessary travel, groceries, pharmacy, gun shops open).

I'm "teleworking" and am all stocked up on supplies for a few weeks.

Been online shopping for a new long gun, but not sure when I'd be able to use it even if I got it.

ETA: I seem to be posting more these days.... Razz

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3306 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have one 7 year old. Since school begins later than normal, it makes for easier bedtime and nighttime routines. We are less inclined to force a particular bedtime, and he can sleep in. Less fighting, more sleep for him, more time for me in the AM before he wakes up. Better all around.

During the day is a challenge. My wife and I are both lucky to be working (she is self-employed), but that creates issues with being in virtual meetings and making sure our son is attending his virtual school meetings, doing the work, or otherwise occupied.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for checking on us Dave. :thumbsup:

Situation to date:
I too have been self-isolated for over a month now. Neighbors have been great getting groceries for me. No cabin fever yet as having been retired now for over 13 years, having mobility and health issues, and being a single nester, I long ago adapted. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16327 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Since we're retired, none of the SAH or SIP edicts, or retail/entertainment closures have had much effect on us. At least until yesterday, when our Ruler Governor upped her "essential" list to exclude nearly everything except air and water

So now it's beginning to wear a bit >< thin.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
At home with the spousal unit.
She's stuck here with me. She misses going to the -now closed- Mall, a block from here.

The neighborhood is both posh and hotel saturated. People around here are mostly elderly and have simply vanished.
Spooky at times. Reminds me of a black and white movie I watched as a kid.

Food is not a problem at this point and weather is still fair.

Worrying days ahead when autumn sets in and people run out of means to buy food.
This is an economically broke country, let's hope it doesn't turn into a desperate one.

Almost everybody is in mandatory quarantine, on stand by. Wondering if we'll have jobs to return to.

Cold weather will decide our future.

Thanks for asking.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12187 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
SNAFU

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44063 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
All normal. Our idiot governor seems to want to out do himself in coming up with one ridiculous thing after another. Went to Rural King this morning to pick up one item. The kid at the door told me I had wait in line to get in. Then he told me that before I was allowed in store, I had to "take a cart". I told him I had no need for the cart. He stated that the newest executive order stated that I had to have a cart to maintain social distancing. I asked him how touching a nasty cart was any safer? I got a blank look in return. I turned around and went home.

I am on day 9 of a media blackout and aside from the constant overreach by Lil Andy, we're all good.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Still working. Work has gotten strange; patients are scared, working in PPE sucks, daily changes in protocols, and I didn't think it was possible but Anchorage's homeless population has become even more icky. The city converted the 2 big hockey arenas in mid-town to homeless shelters. Every single patient we've received from there has had lice, scabies or bed bugs.

Have got cabin fever bad. Spring has hit Alaska, breakup has started, it's nice to be outside despite the mud and the muck. Would love nothing more than a mini road trip with the camera right now.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11819 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windhover:
Thankfully I am still employed. Working from home via remote access. Court hearings are curtailed and conducted by Court Call.

Pretty much staying home except for grocery shopping. Oh and sometimes takeout food from my favorite Thai place.

Drinking more whisky than I normally used to...

Is that Sumran by your house?

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6022 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
As an 82-year-old retiree, my routine has not suffered too much. All my "social" contacts are currently on hold: church choir and handbells; college handbells; weekly medical treatments (not a real problem); and church services (now do them on line). I don't wear a mask. I grocery shop about every 10 days or so for human and cat food and I go to the Stop-n-Rob a block away once a day for my Diet Cokes and snacks. (I do wash my hands immediately upon return home.) I get drive-thru meals about 3-5 times a week--CFA, Popeye's, Whataburger, Taco Bell, Long John Silver are close by.

I watch a lot of TV (cable only) and use the computer a lot (message fora, photo forum, and genealogy), but that is not new to COVID. Life goes on here. So far I am not symptomatic. I have 6 indoor and 2 outdoor cats.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
All good here, but I do have some family battling cancer right now that I was trying to help out prior to this mess. Been hard not traveling out to give them a hand from time to time.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6499 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Pretty much SIP when I retired except when we traveled with the RV. That’s out for now. Only hassle is grocery shopping. The 60+ hour at WalMart has helped with that. Group and family chats let me know family and friends are doing good. We are doing okay.

Posts: 5712 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:

How are things in your part of the world?

Everything is under lockdown, here. Presently in a hotel, no food, nothing. Restrictions on the streets, police checkpoints in and out of the country (normally none). The first three days here, I managed one meal. Now eating, once a day.

Schedule and assignment changes averaging 20 times daily. Headed for China and Korea before long.

On the whole, I'd rather be home.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post