SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We could use a thread for groaners, puns, and dad jokes...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We could use a thread for groaners, puns, and dad jokes... Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted
Hey, have you guys heard about the new zoo that recently opened? I was disappointed because there's only one exhibit: a small dog. It's a pretty Shih Tzu.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
That is 2/3 of a pun.
PU
Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Earl and A.C. go out huntin' one afternoon. A.C. hasn't been feeling too great, but he thinks he'll be all right because Earl recently got himself one of them newfangled fruit phones that can make calls anywhere. About halfway along the walk to the hunting blind, A.C. groans and collapses in a heap. Earl eventually gets his newfangled fruit phone to dial "911" - this is the recording:

911 Operator: 911, what is your emergency?

Earl: My buddy just collapsed! He's dead!

911 Operator: He's dead? Are you certain? Can you make sure he's dead?

*BANG* *BANG*

Earl: Ok, now what?

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
That is 2/3 of a pun.
PU
Wink

I never said the jokes would be good! Razz

-ShneaSIG

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Three guys walk into a bar. You'd have thought at least one of them would have seen it and ducked.

-ShneaSIG

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A guy walks into a bar with his pet giraffe, asks for a bottle of whiskey with two shot glasses, and proceeds to start taking whiskey shots, feeding the giraffe one shot for each one he takes.

After about a dozen shots apiece, the giraffe passes out cold on the floor. The guy tosses some money on the bar, then wobbles his way towards the door.

Seeing this, the bartender points at the giraffe and calls out after the drunk guy: "Hey buddy! Ya can't leave that lyin' there!"

Drunk guy stops, turns around, peers blearily at the passed-out giraffe, and replies: "That's not a lion... *hic* It's a giraffe!"

(This one works better in person. Barely.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
My Dad's favorite joke: You guys hear the one about the guy who bought a dozen eggs? Two bad.

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend threatened to leave me because of my Monkees obsession. I didn't think she was serious,
then I saw her face.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
My girlfriend threatened to leave me because of my Monkees obsession. I didn't think she was serious,
then I saw her face.

Oh! I believe it.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dad and son are driving along the road when dad points to a cow in a pasture and tells the son "That's a very special cow". Son asks "Why"

"Because she is out standing in her field"

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
One of my dad's favorite jokes...

Cantaloupe tonight, dad won't give me the keys to the car!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Natasha and Rudy were standing in their apartment in Moscow looking out the window.

Natasha: Look, Honey, it's snowing.
Rudy: No, I believe that is rain.
Natasha: It looks like snow to me.
Rudy: Rudolph the Red knows rain, Dear.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Always knock on the refrigerator door before opening it.

Salads Dressing.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Two guys walk into a bar. First one says I will have H2O, second guy says I'll have H2O too. Second guy dies.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You can lead a Horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A neutron walks into a bar and orders a beer. It asks the bartender, "How much?"

"For you, no charge."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A skeleton walks into a bar and orders a beer and a mop.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The Reverend Henry Ward Beecher
Called a hen a most elegant creature.
The hen, pleased with that,
Laid an egg in his hat,
And thus did the hen reward Beecher.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
There once was a lady from Norway
Who hung by her heels in the doorway.
She said to her man
"Get off the divan,
I think I've discovered one more way".

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So last Friday ..... what did Adam say to Eve?

Merry Christmas Eve!

Cool

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post