SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Yawn. Whoop de flippity do.

He and the National Felony League are irrelevant to me.

Go get a real job and be a responsible citizen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nothing I can say , can be said better.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Screw them...go ahead and boycott the NFL. Who seriously gives a shit.
These dopes don't understand that he opted out of his contract? He's not signed because he sucks!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
The NAACP(National Association of Assbackwords Colored People) can kiss my muscular black ass.

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being here in ground-zero of the clown show called Kaepernick, as others have pointed-out, he opted out of his contract.

Fine, roll the dice and see where it gets you. Your success came when the team you played on had a strong running game and stout defense; the offense wasn't dependent on the QB to move the ball. While last year was the best season of his last four years, he still had a loosing record, his 3rd down conversion never improved (w or w/o Harbaugh) and he was horrible at anticipating receivers. While he's good enough to play in the NFL, and there's definitely been guys signed that are worse than him (hello Cutler), the reality is, he would be a back-up at best and no team wants a distraction for a back-up. He'll get signed eventually, a starting QB will get injured and he'll be signed on to be the back-up.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
They're late...I began my boycott years ago.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Who really gives a shit that the naacp is going to boycott the NFL. Whoopdefreakingdo.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaepernick has every right to express his views while working for his employer. The NFL owners have every right to refuse to employ him.

It's like a boycott within a boycott. It all evens out and harmonizes with the laws of the universe.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
This just in...Kaepernick finally signed - by McDonalds

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Does it count as a boycott if you've never given the NFL any of your money? No? Ok, well, I guess I can't boycott the NFL then.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colin Kaepernick items to be included in Black Lives Matter collection at Smithsonian
A.J. Perez, USA TODAY Sports Published 12:14 a.m. ET Aug. 19, 2017

Items related to Colin Kaepernick’s national anthem protest and his other efforts to call attention to racial inequality and police brutality will be displayed as part of a Black Lives Matter collection at the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History, a museum curator told USA TODAY Sports Friday night.

"The National Museum of African American History and Culture has nearly 40,000 items in our collection," Damion Thomas, the Washington museum’s sports curator, said in an email. "The Colin Kaepernick collection is in line with the museum's larger collecting efforts to document the varied areas of society that have been impacted by the Black Lives Matter movement."

https://www.usatoday.com/story...ithsonian/582643001/

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, the nation’s longest-serving black justice, remains absent from the museum.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08...ore-clarence-thomas/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Go ahead, do more damage to the league, your losing viewers anyway. If you want to fall on your own swords be our guest, National Felon League has lost its appeal long ago.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Demand?? fuck off and die. who do you think you are ?GOD?

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
They sit during the National Anthem till they get equal rights yet will sit out games to get paid more. You want equality but yet you want to make more millions? I work my ass off and will probably never make what some make in their signing bonuses.

Wanna know why people are pissed? The hypocrisy of these guys is astounding. It's easy to "protest" by sitting. Wanna make a difference? Miss games. Miss making millions. You play a fucking game.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The NAACP is still around? Wink

Fuck them. And fuck the unpatriotic, anti American, anti Police assholes they rep for. My 0.02 Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the Canadian football league will take him.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Yes, go to Canada and stay there. And the NAACP can forget their scheme of co-oerced 'goodness'.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
They're late...I began my boycott years ago.

....I haven't watched a total of 5 seconds of NFL since 1980 and my life somehow trundles on....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Me neither Balze....couldn't give a shit.

Funny how you don't see this bullshit in the NHL. F**K the National Football League!!

Hate to tell you, but the NHL is threatening to pull next year's big amateur draft event from Dallas if Texas passes "bathroom bill" legislation.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I went to a Falcons game once and a Phalanx of people were chanting "Rise-Up"
I would guess that they won't have that anymore given the NAACP boycott.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post