SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I agree that he is a fraud who only popped off because he was getting traded.

As far as his talent: he's likely got a better skill set than 10 of the backups that are on rosters.

It's a calculated risk. He might be 2 wins better than your present backup, if you lost your starter on day 1, but that may not get you into the playoffs and might only benefit you a few dollars. Combine that with money lost from patriots boycotting your team and brand plus a worse spot in the draft, next year (secondary to more wins) and the math gets easier.

If San Francisco and Seattle can't force him down the throats of their cities, he's cooked.

Next stop: North Korean "peace tour" or some such.

YMMV,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Next stop: North Korean "peace tour" or some such.

Hopefully he takes Gerald Griggs with him.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I don't watch football, this al.ost makes me want to watch it. Key word- almost!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
The NAACP(National Association of Assbackwords Colored People) can kiss my muscular black ass.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Well, I think everyone here is wrong on this. I hope these boycotts get him a job. Because when he gets his job, I am going to ask them to continue the boycott until I get the Astronaut job I have always wanted, or to be a millionaire, well I guess a millionaire isn't really a job, OK the President or a million dollar CEO. Yeah thats it!

Fucking retards...My boycott starts now

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
This is good news. Continue the boycott, accelerate the death of football in america. Its only a matter of time. Maybe it will all be over when Brady retires. Im not a fan but everyone hates him so much i just cant help but like Tom.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

"He's trying to hold up this government up to our founding fathers," said the now 81-year-old Serpico.

What?

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Until racism in America is no longer taboo, we own up to it, we admit it, we understand it and then we do what we have to do to solve it, unfortunately we're going to have these issues," he said.

How did they twist this one into a racial issue? Half-black, half-white, raised by white parents; Kaepernick is a childish, spoiled asshole. His problem crosses all racial and ethnic boundaries.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
This is good news. Continue the boycott, accelerate the death of football in america. Its only a matter of time. Maybe it will all be over when Brady retires. Im not a fan but everyone hates him so much i just cant help but like Tom.

And when it ends they'll claim its due to racism.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

And when it ends they'll claim its due to racism.

Of course, it's like a new form of Freudianism, except all of our actions and thoughts are subconsciously motivated by racism rather than sex.

posted Hide Post
So , how much of a financial impact will this boycott have on the NFL ? Negligible I'm sure , but watch them cave anyway . They'll find a way to get him signed .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
So , how much of a financial impact will this boycott have on the NFL ? Negligible I'm sure , but watch them cave anyway . They'll find a way to get him signed .

Which club is going to put a dent in their salary cap for a clipboard carrier? Better yet, which black superstar players will be willing to share in a pay cut to hire Kaepernick without screwing up the salary cap? I mean, its all about racism and brothers sticking together, right?

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in this show--I have never been a football fan (I'm careful who I tell that to here in Texas--folks have been shot for less). However, I think his personal choices should have consequences, and he should be aware of those when he makes his decisions. I suspect that he didn't know just how important to how many fans would be his stance on this matter. His problem, not mine.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
"He's trying to hold up this government up to our founding fathers," said the now 81-year-old Serpico.
What?
The Man owes Colin a living
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Not this time, I think.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107609 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
What?
The Man owes Colin a living

He's definitely trying to hold up our government, and the rest of us.

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Serpico......ask some retired NYPD guys who were innocent that had to live through his antics and accusations mostly because he couldn't get promoted to detective in a narcotics squad. Yes corruption was present but Serpico was no saint.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
....and if this doesn't work, they'll all hold their breath.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Of all the places the NAACP could accuse of not hiring someone for race/ethics/whatever the NFL would be at the bottom of the list.

Rape, murder, abuse dogs/wives/kids you can still get a job in the NFL if you have the talent. Maybe it's simply a talent issue. I don't know as I don't really know how good he is as a player.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
....and if this doesn't work, they'll all hold their breath.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Half-black, half-white, raised by white parents.....

And I bet mommy and daddy are sooooooo proud!! Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post