SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter starts USNA. (Updated title) Plebe summer done. Update page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter starts USNA. (Updated title) Plebe summer done. Update page 5 Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m OK. Read and listened to too many aspects as a parent on how to deal with a Plebes reactions and my emotions
I’ll not be there for I-Day (her mother will). I’ll be at Plebe Parents weekend in August

This journey will have plenty of ups and downs along the way. Hang in there.
Try to attend both, if you can.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
[QUOTE]

Try to attend both, if you can.

I would have preferred that, and was originally the plan, but we have a non driving 15yr old at the house who needs to get to football practice and 2 dogs. I dropped her off for NAPS so it’ll be good her Mom drops her off at USNA. I’m anticipating another breakdown as she had in Newport, possibly worse. Her mom will be better at handling it this time

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6290 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I-Day minus 2 NAPSters reported today

She loves me ❤️ also a personal joke between us for years

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6290 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Amazing, Thanks for Sharing and letting me be a Proud Bystander.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13482 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
From everything you’ve shared about her, I’ll guess she’ll sail through plebe year with little difficulty. All the best to her and her supporting family.

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you, your daughter and your family. Very impressive.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1864 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1215 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excited to see what Plebe Summer brings at Plebe Parents Weekend in August. With her good friend whose a prior from NAPS24

posted Hide Post
PPW (Plebes Parents Weekend) this weekend. She’s survived. Detailers have and have not gotten into her head. She got bored about week 3. NAPS was easier mentally. Been on swim PEP after knee bursitis kicked back up caused from NAPS. She’s a swimmer, not a runner. Swim PEP is run by a SEAL Master Chief. He’s hard, and she enjoys it. Her roommates are soft. “I almost didn’t accept my appointment because I wanted baby’s.” One came because of her boyfriend is there. Daughter looked at them both and stated. There were 52 others who got turned down and would have been more appreciative. Both are bible thumping preachers kids and “the lord has guided them and he told them………”. No cursing strait laced. My daughter will drop an F bomb in a second. They complained because they were offended by the deck Chief yelled at someone they perceived as wrong and they felt the need to report it to the LT JG. She told them they were both stupid and shut the F up, grow the F up or go home. She’s having fun. Not really looking forward to Reform this week, but Wanting the academic year to start and begin the “The second 1/3rd”.

posted Hide Post
Her feet are torn up and wanted a pedicure. I obliged. She talked me into my first one. She picked colors. Didnt think I’d go through with it. Can’t say having my feet and calf’s massaged was a bad thing. Yep. These my toes currently. I’m almost 60 and have no problem with spontaneity to surprise the kid. Will last long enough until I get home and have access to some acetone hahaha hers are a subdued red

Of course I messed with all the helicopter parents with the same picture on the class FB page

Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
That is great! Congratulations to your daughter.

Posts: 1376 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update- It's good to hear. I wish her the Best and please let her know she has a Fan Club.

The pedicure is great. You should go to the beach while the colors are still bright.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13482 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
congratulations! So exciting

Posts: 2638 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your daughter!

Posts: 8842 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
One of my former students is a JR there and was part of the leadership cadre this summer. He was my third student to go there.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3721 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Her feet are torn up and wanted a pedicure. I obliged. She talked me into my first one. She picked colors. Didnt think I’d go through with it. Can’t say having my feet and calf’s massaged was a bad thing. Yep. These my toes currently. I’m almost 60 and have no problem with spontaneity to surprise the kid. Will last long enough until I get home and have access to some acetone hahaha hers are a subdued red

Of course I messed with all the helicopter parents with the same picture on the class FB page

Geaux Tigers!

Posts: 3519 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

Geaux Tigers!

Haha. They blue and goldish. Not purple and goldish Big Grin

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Haha. They blue and goldish. Not purple and goldish Big Grin

Looking good!
And way to oblige her! Plebe/parent weekend, as you know, is more about the Plebe than the parent.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Great to read this. Congrats on all the goals accomplished so far. Wonderful to see all the hard work paying off.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10976 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post