SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate [Video]

On October 4th, Southwest Airlines announced they will require employees to get the COVID vaccine. The Dallas-based carrier said employees will have until Dec. 8 to provide proof of vaccination or face the possibility of losing their jobs.

Flash forward and hundreds of pilots are staging a ‘sick out’ protest. Hundreds of flights have been canceled. Southwest is saying their system is having problems and even blamed the cancelations on the weather even though the weather map looks clear as a bell (see below).

Air traffic controllers are also protesting the COVID mandate:

Twitter is on fire with angry customers who looked at the weather map and are calling out Southwest:

When hundreds of pilots don’t come to work, it’s a safe bet that the flights were canceled due to a lack of pilots to fly planes.

Passengers are furious and letting Southwest have it:

-Bull. Your own employees working at the gate in the airport told everyone standing there that cancellation was due to employee protest of the vaccine mandate.

-This is absolutely horrible! Your lack of compassion & resolution is appalling! My sister has been left stranded in Atlanta while traveling en route to my Wedding scheduled for tomorrow . I am now driving round trip from FL to ATL on the EVE of my wedding!!

-Keep lying when your staff at Midway specifically told us it was because the Pilots went on strike, because of your vaccine mandate. Now we missed a wedding and out luggage is stuck at midway with mine and my wife’s medication.

https://wiredailynews.com/2021...d-vax-mandate-video/

Southwest Airlines cancels 1,000 more flights as disruptions mount

KEY POINTS

Southwest has cancelled more than 1,800 flights over the weekend so far.

The Dallas-based airline blamed the disruptions on air traffic control issues in Florida and bad weather.

Other airlines that operate in the region reported far fewer cancellations.

Southwest did not immediately comment on whether staffing shortfalls contributed to the cancellations this weekend.

The disparity between Southwest’s operation and other airlines fueled speculation on social media that employees were calling out sick.

The Southwest Airlines Pilots Association, Southwest pilots’ labor union said that “we can say with confidence that our Pilots are not participating in any official or unofficial job actions.”

“Our Pilots will continue to overcome SWA management’s poor planning, as well as any external operational challenges, and remain the most productive Pilots in the world,” it said.

Earlier on Saturday, the union noted that the company’s recent announcement that it will comply with the Biden administration’s requirement that federal contractors must mandate staff Covid vaccinations is contributing to distractions for aviators.

“All of these challenges have led to an added distraction in the cockpit,” it said. “This week’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate announcement by the Company only exacerbates the situation.”

On Friday, the labor union asked a federal court in Dallas to temporarily block the implementation of the vaccine mandate, saying it was a unilateral decision and instead, requires negotiations with the union.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/1...sruptions-mount.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's only going to get worse- or, depending upon your perspective, better. Why 'better'? Because we're going to need a whole lot of this kind of bullshit for enough people to get fed up with it.

"Everything, canceled, everywhere."

"Everything out of stock, including signs that read 'out of stock'."

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. I have some business I need to take care of in Florida before the end of the year. I booked a flight out on the 18th and back on the 29th with American. I'm really hoping to avoid this kind of horseshit. I probably shouldn't have waited as long as I did, but things kept coming up. I anticipate that it will be impossible to fly into or out of Washington state without proof of vaccine by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
for years various industries required you have certain shots and get tested for different things ....now all of a sudden it becomes a big deal.

Yes, I call BS on it... bunch of nambie.... pambie wimps scared to get a little shot....

Of course you have the right to refuse.... go home and quit your job and when you get Covid, deal with it AT HOME. Don't be a burden or danger to others.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Yes, I call BS on it... bunch of nambie.... pambie wimps scared to get a little shot....
You have managed to miss the point entirely. This stuff about "being scared of a shot" is a cheap argument, and it's disingenuous. People who refuse to get vaccinated- and this includes yours truly- are doing so for two reasons; the possible side effects of the vaccine (and there is evidence to support these concerns), and the fact that the government is trying to make it so that individuals no longer have the right of informed consent.

You can take your vaccine and you can take your chiding and ridiculous oversimplification of being 'scared of a shot" and you can cram them as far up your ass as you can get them. Smile

If anyone is "scared" it's the bunch of Chicken Littles running around DEMANDING other people put something into their body they do not trust, and who are predicting the end of the world if everyone is not vaccinated. It seems that you are included in this group. Here's hoping you get the fuck over it. Whether or not you stop allowing the propagada to frighten you, I and others will determine for ourselves what does and does not go into our bodies.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Bring It...Shut it ALL Down! Wink

It's likely the ONLY Way to Stop This Insanity!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:

YIKES! And the suppressed reports of dangerous and fatal side effects of these emergency approved, not fully tested jabs should be of no concern to the masses?

Had I known back in the early summer what I know now, I would NOT have gotten the Moderna series. @#$%^ the mRNA spike proteins!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
for years various industries required you have certain shots and get tested for different things ....now all of a sudden it becomes a big deal.

Of course you have the right to refuse.... go home and quit your job and when you get Covid, deal with it AT HOME. Don't be a burden or danger to others.

I had COVID, dealt with it at home, and wasn’t a burden to anyone! No vaccine mandates here. If you want to inject yourself with some experimental “vaccine”, have at it, but no one should be forced to participate with this nonsense.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:...Don't be a burden or danger to others.

Go inject yourself.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Blow it out your ass, tough guy.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My opinion on the matter is reflected by my signature line below.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are you on the right forum? I am not sure you know where you posted. Anyway, your post shows your compete ignorance of the shot and its side effects. Before making ignorant statements you probably should look through all the evidence first.

I would suggest if you are so scared to be around people who have not had the shot, then you should quit your job and stay at home. I do not change my lifestyle for uniformed people like you who cannot even speak intelligently on the subject.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I walk around without a mask, too, because I don't need it- for me or for you- and because fuck you and your ignorant rules. Smile

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Good for them! I support their choices.

And I say that as a fellow who has international travel next week and stand to either have a once in 15 years vacation canceled or get stuck in a third world country for a while.

In any event, I still support the pilots and ATC people. Good for them.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Surely you can't be serious?...

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow. I'm sorry to say you couldn't be more clueless.

I self-administer a prescription injection once a week. But, I refuse to get the jab. So, explain to me how I'm "scared"? Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The propaganda has frightened him, bless his heart.

The "scared of a little shot" horse shit has become the standard chide from the brainwashed.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
At this point, these shot mandates are purely a compliance metric. That's it. It's not about health. It's not about public safety. It is about compliance.

The government bureaucracy and covid tyrants only want to know one thing. Will you comply or won't you?

Natural immunity? They don't care. Side effect concerns? They don't care. Extremely low risk from sickness? They don't care. All they care about is who complied and who didn't.

Compliance metric. Don't forget it. Once the mandates started, that's what it became.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Go inject yourself.

Mr. Monkey said it in a much more witty and polite manner than I could.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:...Don't be a burden or danger to others.

Go inject yourself.

I want the shirt.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post