SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LA Times Dubs CA Recall Frontrunner Larry Elder "The Black Face Of White Supremacy"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LA Times Dubs CA Recall Frontrunner Larry Elder "The Black Face Of White Supremacy" Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
God speed, Larry! I hope you win this thing!!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
God speed, Larry! I hope you win this thing!!

It would be great if Larry won. More important is that Gruesome Nuisance is tossed to the curb. Of course, if we get that, Larry Elder is likely to win.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Even if Newsome is deposed, with so many candidates, is any one of them likely to get a majority?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Even if Newsome is deposed, with so many candidates, is any one of them likely to get a majority?

flashguy

I believe that the only majority needed is the yes, no vote.

If yes wins, then the top vote candidate becomes governor.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

I believe that the only majority needed is the yes, no vote.

If yes wins, then the top vote candidate becomes governor.

Correct. Simple majority of votes to recall. Top vote getter is elected.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
NBC calls it for Newsom.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Unfortunate, but it was a long shot from the start.

IIRC, historically, recalls fail more often than not?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Results ?

https://ktla.com/live-election-results/

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Well shit...

I only had one vote to cast.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
No recall

What a, er, surprise.

I can honestly state that I would support a mandatory sentencing for voter fraud at twenty years without possibility of parole. If you can figure out who they are, and prosecute 'king pins' (and define those as master planners but most especially facilitators who abuse positions of power and authority to assist in the fraud).
In those cases, I favor public execution, preferably by hanging. I know it'll never happen, but I am totally serious as I believe this crime needs real, actual teeth in order for idiots to take it seriously. Examples are needed. That's why public hanging.

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
We need to get this right.
Send everyone home and continue the count in the morning.
A water main has broken.
Find the box of ballots under the table after all the Democrats have left and feed through counting machine numerous times.
Do this on video, doesn’t matter, that’s not election fraud by 2020 standards.
We can all wake up in the morning to a surprising lead on Yes votes for Newsome recall.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Surprised, no.
Disappointed, yes.

I have pretty much lost faith in election integrity in this country.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Just ran a quick internet search to see if Larry Elder had conceded the race, and was surprised to see a few articles claim that he preemptively conceded the race due to allegations of fraud. As the articles appeared to be more Left leaning opinion hit pieces I'm going to hold off on posting them for the time being, but am waiting to see if he makes any concession comments after the results are in.

Just a day or so before taking an extended leave of absence from his radio show, Elder explained that California law limited the recall candidates to raising no more than $9 million each, while incumbent Governor Newsom had no such campaign funding limit, and could raise as much as possible. Larry explained that while he had been successful, his total net worth, including his home, was @ $3 million, so along with the other candidates, he was heavily dependent on campaign contributions.

Dr. Dennis Prager said he read an article that Democrats spent somewhere between $75-90 million to defend Newsom, while Elder reportedly raised somewhere @ $12 million.

I can't help but wonder if, despite the fund raising limits, if fewer contenders would have improved the flow of contributions and improved the odds of defeating Newsom.

As several Conservative pundits have pointed out, just the fact that the Democrats were forced to spend these millions of dollars and political capital to defend Newsom is a victory in itself, no matter how the recall election lands.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The people have chosen.

Gotta say though, I'm just gonna laugh as that state continues to spiral downward. Lockdowns, crime, gas prices, rolling brownouts, homeless shit everywhere. Gavin's revenge tour is going to be awesome. Like any communist he will now punish all who opposed him. And if some of his supporters get caught up in that punishment he won't care.

Oh well. No sympathy from me.

Abandon blue cities, abandon blue states. Make red states redder.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
We get the government we deserve.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can honestly state that I would support a mandatory sentencing for voter fraud at twenty years without possibility of parole. If you can figure out who they are, and prosecute 'king pins' (and define those as master planners but most especially facilitators who abuse positions of power and authority to assist in the fraud).
In those cases, I favor public execution, preferably by hanging. I know it'll never happen, but I am totally serious as I believe this crime needs real, actual teeth in order for idiots to take it seriously. Examples are needed. That's why public hanging.

I'm with you.
If elections aren't fair and honest, good people won't run and good government is impossible. Fascism, or "crony capitalism" is the result.
We are on the road to Venezuela.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
As a lifelong resident of this state one thing is for sure - the media just proved they can determine the winner of an election just by siding with one of the candidates.

Racist egg throwing by a governor's supporters? No problem, wash it under the rug.

Elitist governor playing elitist? Not a worry, down play the incident as "normal."

Highest taxes in the nation and a worsening homelessness problem. Look over there, squirrel!!

Media's candidate blames previous president (who the media still hates). "Yup, this governor is just a struggling working person doing his best in the face adversity.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a state with a population of 39 million residents, barely 9 million votes were cast. That's 20+% of the people voted.... Frown

The only silver lining is, next year is an election year for governor along with many seats in the state Legislature. If I were Elder, and if he has the funds to do it, I'd stump for those candidates in a number of swing seats to get them changed. Flipping seats in the state Senate and Assembly would be more lasting and impactful as the CA Governor position is only as strong as what allies you have on the floor to position and argue for your bills.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The worst part of this is that Newsom will parlay this into a Presidential bid.
Another Democrat idiot for President! Yay! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The people of California have spoken - they want lockdowns, mask and vaccine mandates, higher taxes and a broken economy.

I'm sure Newsom will continue to deliver.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post