SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LA Times Dubs CA Recall Frontrunner Larry Elder "The Black Face Of White Supremacy"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LA Times Dubs CA Recall Frontrunner Larry Elder "The Black Face Of White Supremacy" Login/Join 
posted
https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...face-white-supremacy

If you're looking for proof positive that Larry Elder is making progress toward winning California's recall election, look no further than the LA Times.

The paper published a column on Friday claiming that longtime conservative, Fox News contributor and syndicated talk radio host Elder "is the Black face of white supremacy".

Columnist Erika D. Smith wrote: "Few things infuriate me more than watching a Black person use willful blindness and cherry-picked facts to make overly simplistic arguments that whitewash the complex problems that come along with being Black in America."

Despite ostensibly representing the political party of equality and being anti-racist, Smith's arguments against Elder seemed to mostly focus on his race: "Like a lot of Black people, though, I’ve learned that it’s often best just to ignore people like Elder. People who are — as my dad used to say — skin folk, but not necessarily kin folk."

Melina Abdullah, cofounder of Black Lives Matter Los Angeles, even chimed in: “He is a danger, a clear and present danger.”

Abdullah continued: “Anytime you put a Black face on white supremacy, which is what Larry Elder is, there are people who will utilize that as an opportunity to deny white supremacy. They say, ‘How could this be white supremacy? This is a Black man.’ But everything that he’s pushing, everything that he stands for, he is advancing white supremacy.”

So, we guess not all Black Lives Matter, then?

Earl Ofari Hutchinson, a political analyst and author, made the most astute observation, despite likely trying to argue a different point: “The only positive I see in an Elder candidacy is that it is yet another wake-up call for Democrats, in California and nationally, to not take Black and people of color’s votes and support for granted.”

Elder seemed to take the jab in jest this weekend, Tweeting: "You’ve got to be real scared and desperate to play the race card against the brother from South Central."

Posts: 12558 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I’m voting for him.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3454 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Columnist Erika D. Smith wrote: "Few things infuriate me more than watching a Black person use willful blindness and cherry-picked facts to make overly simplistic arguments that whitewash the complex problems that come along with being Black in America."

Sums up BLM and all their rhetoric

Posts: 14551 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Melina Abdullah, cofounder of Black Lives Matter Los Angeles, even chimed in: “He is a danger, a clear and present danger.”

You can tell a lot about a man by the enemies he makes.

Posts: 27810 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Is there anything more racist than telling black people they have to vote a certain way?

If you want to know who the actual racists and horrible people are it’s those who endlessly attack anyone who dares to think for themselves or challenge the mob mentality of the left.

Gotta love how progressive fux just cannot keep from telling us who they are truly afraid of the most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21055 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Is it ironic that one of the people who described Elder as "[someone who] use[s] willful blindness and cherry-picked facts to make overly simplistic arguments that whitewash complex problems" is part of a movement whose answer to everything is "racism"??? Confused

Nevermind, that's a rhetorical question....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Sums up BLM and all their rhetoric

“Accuse Your Enemy Of What You Are Doing, As You Are Doing It To Create Confusion."
- Karl Marx

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I’m voting for him.

My wife and I as well. In person even.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I’m voting for him.

Of course - so are we! However, our ballots arrived in the mail a couple of days ago, and the option of mailing them in is there. In other words, Lord Gavin most likely will somehow beat this thing.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10695 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Any chance Larry can sue LA times over such an inflammatory, derogatory and ridiculous statement?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21055 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Freedom of speech.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Larry is legit and that scares the Left. Watch them fall back into their historic bigotry and discrimination as they resist his election. To them he is worse than Trump.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29596 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
In a way he actually is more dangerous to Dems than Trump.

I don’t think freedom of speech extends to slanderous and potentially damaging statements from irresponsible media propaganda outlets. I would go as far to say that accusing someone of being a white supremacist can have real damaging effects and might not be protected speech.

Newspapers are not allowed to just make up claims of racism against people they don’t like then hide behind the first amendment while actively waging war against the second amendment.

No fuck that. It’s time for them to face consequences for their actions. If they are willing to wage a war against the 2nd amendment because of irresponsible and evil gun owners I would like to at least have a conversation about restricting their 1st amendment protections because of blatant, clear and present abuse of their 1st amendment protections.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
I would vote for him if I could.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:

Mail in ballot.
If the illegals and dead people can vote with no ID then why not us?
Texans and Arizonans are foreign to them so we should count. Smile

Posts: 22844 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:

Me too. I'm sure there's a way! Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38582 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve already voted for him 17 times! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38582 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Four ballots arrived here, including two for my out of state kids.

There is nothing preventing me for voting on their behalf. Nothing.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Is there anything more racist than telling black people they have to vote a certain way?

Not really, but if you're a democrat, you can get away with it.

It's amazing, you see stuff like this and people calling each other Oreo and Uncle Tom from the ""black community" when they dare have different political views. These people use race as a weapon against everybody.

Posts: 17045 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post