SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
NFL...

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The days of the left running roughshod over the country are over. The silent majority is no longer silent. And we are pissed!

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Admittedly, for NHL games that are televised on NBC, sometimes...sometimes...commercials are played while the anthem(s) is going, but for some games, they do show the anthem. Even if BOTH are being sung if a Canadian team is playing a U.S. team. And guess what...EVERYONE stands and honors the flag(s).

What Fox is doing, though, is slitting their own throats here, as it has been TRADITION to honor the flag and play the anthem for as long as I can remember. As C.P. "Woody" Woodward told Brubaker, "Don't fuck with tradition".

I personally think these NFL shit-holes need to go a period or two with the Bruins. Maybe THEN they'll understand what being an athlete is instead of what they are...coddled, protected, prima donna thugs. Can't stand the NFL since Jones fired Tom Landry...no hair off my fat, dago butt if the whole enchilada folds like a cheap Walmart lawn chair. I kinda wish it would, actually...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
3 Dolphins kneel 1 Oct 2017 in London

https://www.usatoday.com/story...s-london/720954001/#

Dolphins tight end Julius Thomas, safety Michael Thomas and wide receiver Kenny Stills kneeled at Wembley Stadium, while the rest of the Dolphins stood as Darius Rucker sang The Star-Spangled Banner.

We need to keep pounding the NFL. NO player kneels

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
What Fox is doing, though, is slitting their own throats here, ...

Fox slits their own throat frequently, and still obtains.

This is a network that cancels quality shows like Firefly, yet keeps garbage like Family Guy and Bob's Burgers.

Gives you an idea of what their demographic is. Do you really think such a demographic is going to care that they've substituted commercials for the National Anthem?

I don't watch sports on TV. Did watch ice hockey for a while. As I recall, the Anthem would be carried. I didn't realize it was often (always?) cut with other pro sports. Substitute the National Anthem with commercials?!?! That, alone, would turn me off

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
They have bit the hand that feeds them. They get what they deserve. I think I need to go wash my car now.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.breitbart.com/sport...-sunday-rest-season/

starting Sunday, the Cowboys will simply stand during the anthem for the rest of the season.

“We’re going to stand, we’re going to stand and going to put our hand over our heart and we’re going to do what we did before,” Bryant said. “You all know what that was, that was just a response to Trump and that’s all that that was.”

yeah they sure showed President Trump a thing or two. what ???

Bryant emphasized that he’s past all the issues stemming from President Trump’s comments and how to react to them. Instead, he and the Cowboys are ready to move on: “I’m going to leave that all in the past,” Bryant said. “You know, it is what it is. I’m focused on this week. I’m letting that … I don’t even want to think about it. I’m done with that.”

oh we are so glad you are done with it. What a wise decision.

Get real. The owners laid down the law.

quote from Andy McCarthy:

"The protest is now about Trump because what it was originally about is too indefensible to explain forthrightly."

spot on

I read that article, and a couple of things - an attempt at damage control - stand out to me;

The title of it begins with "America's team again; ..." Pfft I say!

The last line of the article comes after the quotes from Dez Bryant about "being done with that."
The line says; "Good, because everyone else is done with it too."

I'm not "done with it".The damage has been done. Hypocrites!!

The smoke and mirrors ruse won't work with me, and I hope nobody else is fooled by this BS.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump makes a passing remark in a speech and the NFL loses their shit, throws a huge tantrum and they now have to stew in the mess they've made. Oh, yeah, the NFL really showed that Trump. Great job. Smooth. Like a boss. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We do honor to the stars and stripes as the emblem of our country and the symbol of all that our patriotism means.

“We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on earth. It represents our peace and security, our civil and political liberty, our freedom of religious worship, our family, our friends, our home. We see it in the great multitude of blessings, of rights and privileges that make up our country.

“But when we look at our flag and behold it emblazoned with all our rights, we must remember that it is equally a symbol of our duties. Every glory that we associate with it is the result of duty done. A yearly contemplation of our flag strengthens and purifies the national conscience.”

Calvin Coolidge

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the photos keep showing up on social media even after the networks try to hide the reality of it.

quote:
garbage like Family Guy and Bob's Burgers.

[eyeroll]

posted Hide Post
Will keep the TV off. Gives me more time to clean my weapons. Enough said!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I think it's absolutely HILARIOUS that the NFL and the networks are colluding to hide this behavior all of a sudden. They were both so proud of it last week lol.

posted Hide Post
No NFL this afternoon, even the random channel scan. Headed to Wally World for my weekly online grocery order pickup, then maybe something on Apple TV.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight, if I am convicted of domestic violence, illegal drug use, felony crimes, I can't buy a gun but I can play for the NFL? Got it.

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Interest peeked, went to lookup some of today's kneeling NFL players.... oops get in line.

NFLArrest.com is currently under heavy load.

Mirror: Heroku Server

Players are kneeling over "feels". The stats and facts do not agree.

Really you think the police get up in the AM hoping to shoot someone. To take a sliver of statistics showing a minuscule population of police should not have become police, and then say "all police like this".

Same as saying hey "all blacks are like this". Crazy talk. "Feels" does not need the truth or cold hard facts.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
scattered kneeling and fist raising. lot of ceremonial kneeling before the anthem

They need to be asked why they are kneeling

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/1...fl-trump-anthem.html

Six members of the Buffalo Bills knelt during the playing of the anthem before the team’s game against the Falcons in Atlanta: Kaelin Clay, Cedric Thornton, Mike Tolbert, Shareece Wright, Taiwan Jones, and Jerel Worthy. Atlanta’s players all stood, with some linking arms.

Two members of the Detroit Lions — Jalen Reeves-Maybin and Steve Longa — knelt during the national anthem before Detroit’s game against the Minnesota Vikings in Minneapolis. The Vikings stood with linked arms, except for kick returner Jerick McKinnon, who stood behind the sideline for a second straight week and did not participate in the demonstration.

All of the players for the Los Angeles Rams and Dallas Cowboys stood throughout the anthem, with a few Rams players, including Robert Quinn, raising their fists

The Cleveland Browns, who had a large group of kneeling players last week, stood together as a team before their game against the Cincinnati Bengals, but at least nine players raised their fists during the playing of the song.

the Jacksonville Jaguars knelt as a team before the anthem started, drawing some boos from the crowd in MetLife Stadium, but then stood as a team for the singing of the national anthem.

The New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers all stood during the anthem

The Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers, in a coordinated effort, briefly took a knee before the national anthem, but stood during the song. As both teams knelt, loud boos could be heard by the crowd in Baltimore.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...-kneel-anthem-stand/

“Ravens players knelt before the national anthem began, and then rose. There was a clamoring of boos when the players knelt. Before the anthem, an announcement was made in the stadium for everyone to pray as a nation to embrace kindness, justice, unity and equality.”

We are still witnessing misdirection by the NFL. The kneelers aren't championing "kindness, justice, unity and equality”. The kneelers are championing Marilyn Mosby.

not the worst scenario for the NFL, but the league will continue to bleed support if the kneeling and fist raising have become a standard part of the game.

What an astoundingly stupid way to destroy one of the previously most enjoyed sports events for so many people.

The big question is still on the table. Does the NFL believe police are murdering blacks?

If not, why are they supporting the players' protest?

"what it was originally about is too indefensible to explain forthrightly"

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
attered kneeling and fist raising. lot of ceremonial kneeling before the anthem

They need to be asked why they are kneeling

They wouldn't be able to answer with anything but the BLM talking points. Most are participating because someone else on their team is doing it. This is just a stupid exercise in group think.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
The NFL has always had support from the government. Anti-trust exemptions, exceptions for fantasy football on-line gambling, blocking money to further study chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in their players, money for stadiums from lower levels of government, the list goes on.

But MR. NFL, there's a new Sheriff in town named Trump. He sees right through the NFL crap. The gravy train is done.

Hands off my tax dollar for stadiums.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
The NFL has always had support from the government. Anti-trust exemptions, exceptions for fantasy football on-line gambling, blocking money to further study chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in their players, money for stadiums from lower levels of government, the list goes on.

But MR. NFL, there's a new Sheriff in town named Trump. He sees right through the NFL crap. The gravy train is done.

Seattle Kingdome is one such miserable example.

from wiki: The Kingdome was demolished by implosion on March 26, 2000; ... King County paid off the bonds used to build and repair the Kingdome in 2015, 15 years after its demolition.

Posts: 6394 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

But! But! But, it's America's game!

I've never understood that. I always thought baseball was the game that went with "Mom and apple pie."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post