SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    After 29 years and 3 months, the headset plug has been pulled - 911Boss is 10-7 **THANK YOU ALL - COMMENTS ADDED Pg 4**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After 29 years and 3 months, the headset plug has been pulled - 911Boss is 10-7 **THANK YOU ALL - COMMENTS ADDED Pg 4** Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
This morning was the first day in the last 29 years and 3 months that I have woken up without a job.

My public service career has officially come to an end. I thought I would stick it out until Sept 2022 to make an even 30 years, but a number of things came together to make this the right time to bring it all to a close.

I took a lot of leave this past year, greatly improved my health by changing bad habits, getting into an exercise routine and losing 140lbs (so far-345 to 202). I guess it was sort of a retirement test run to make sure my wife and I didn’t get on each other’s nerves when together for extended periods. I also reconnected with God and spent a lot of time in my head sorting things out that have long been stored away.

It all came down to going back to a toxic environment sticking it out and risk “relapsing” or enjoying the next year of my life. Enjoying life won, and I think it is worth the 15% hit it cost in retirement benefits by not doing the extra year. My only regret is deciding to get the shot (J&J), had I known earlier I would be done this year I would have passed (Covid survivor with high antibody count).

Mixed emotions, but bottom line is the agency I worked for has changed substantially over the past couple of years between the wokeness, defund movement, etc. Other changes (appointed Sheriff vs. elected, increasing political motivations to appease special interests, COVID crap, etc.) means the horizon was only getting darker.

Not entirely sure what I will do next, if I will actually start collecting retirement, let it build and find a part time gig, or both. I turn 59 in Feb, if I delay drawing the retirement the monthly amount increases since I am under 65.

For now, the next week will be spent sorting out insurance and retirement options then I’ll be decompressing, absorbing it all and enjoying the holidays with my wife. January 2022 is literally “New Year, New Me”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and best of luck with the next chapter.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
29 years. You paid your dues. Enjoy retirement and best wishes!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing and the heartiest congratulations!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Double so for losing 140 lbs. Enjoy you've earned it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13387 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Congratulations man. We met maybe 10-15 years ago… w/ BruceG

So happy to hear about all of your achievements and accomplishments. Good on you!

No job is for everyone, and no job is forever for everyone. I had to call 911 recently and it was nuts. Be happier out. Congratulations!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and well deserved!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Congratulations enjoy your new chapter.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Congrats and well done, 911Boss! Now all you need to do is ask Para to change your CUT to "Told cops where to go for over 29 years" Wink

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
by the way, I always thought your CUT was pretty funny.

Congrats on retirement and on 10,000 posts !!!

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Lost a shit ton of weight and retired? Freaking awesome Boss, congratulations!

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Big congrats boss. I am very happy for you. You won't miss it a bit. You have earned the right to be out of that environment. Now the both of you enjoy the fruits of your labor.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Really hope you enjoy your retirement, Boss. My only advice is find something that you enjoy doing every day (and a couple things is better). Further congratulations on the great improvement you’ve made in your health. Stay out of your wife’s way Wink

Posts: 13168 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Congrats and enjoy retirement!!!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Congratulations ... it is truly a beautiful feeling being retired !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I could not be happier for you, congratulations!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
What you have done, matters. The universe took note.

And many people know "someone" was on the other end, and cared.

That is all that matters.

Always remember that.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post