SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    After 29 years and 3 months, the headset plug has been pulled - 911Boss is 10-7 **THANK YOU ALL - COMMENTS ADDED Pg 4**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After 29 years and 3 months, the headset plug has been pulled - 911Boss is 10-7 **THANK YOU ALL - COMMENTS ADDED Pg 4** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your retirement. Thanks you for your years of service in this stressful and unappreciated line of work that most everyone ignores until they need a 911 service.
My wife has 32 years on Metrocom 911 with the last 10 years as the 911 Boss Lady . Her agency dispatches for Police , Sheriff office, Fire , EMS and a variety of other departments.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and prayers for direction and guidance during this new path!! I am on the brink myself…

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Congrats and thanks for your service.

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
From my department to yours, I’ll show you 10-42.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on both your retirement and health gains!!! Now, go enjoy the outdoor life!

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! The bond between dispatchers and officers in the field is an interesting one. The officers will usually complain that they are getting all the crap calls, and the dispatchers will usually complain that the cop just won’t shut up on the radio, and things like that. But every cop I’ve ever known is protective of their dispatchers and every dispatcher I’ve known always refers to the people on the other end of the radio as “their guys” and is as protective of their guys as a mother is of her child. We grieve together and celebrate together, win and lose together and at the end of the day we really are all one team. So from a volunteer firefighter for 22+ years, a former uniformed police officer and (at least for now) a former federal agent thank you very much for your service and dedication and congratulations on your retirement!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your retirement.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your retirement, it's great on this side.

As with all police and fire, 911/Dispatch has saved our asses on many occasions.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Boss, congratulations to you and welcome to the club. Your blessings will continue to grow as you begin this new chapter in your life. Enjoy sleeping in. I sure did.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Boss, enjoy your newly improved health and keep pushing on that!

Enjoy your new family time too with your wife, that is a great thing to have!

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Congratulations!! I also want to thank you because without your posts about a rower, I might have delayed in getting one and I love it and regret not getting it sooner.

Glad I was of service, did you get the Costco Proform one? I am enjoying the iFit virtual rowing stuff so much I am toying with the idea of buying a kayak to do the real thing Big Grin

It's a Hydrow, which I love. My partner in my office and I looked at them all and decided that this one was the best choice and we took money that we were using to do gym membership and put it in a gym machine. And I am totally thankful for your prompting on this.

As to kayak, we (my family) bought two stand up paddleboards (one 2020 for son A and one 2021 for son B because God knows they can't share) that I originally thought were ridiculous but now am looking way differently at. Keep us posted on the kayak thread!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your retirement, youve earned it. We'll never know an exact count on the number of us you saved by knowing where we were even when we didnt, what that small change in our voice meant that we didn't even know we had, and how the hell you knew what we were saying when we were screaming into our mics but we all owe you. Thank you!

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Congratulations! I’m especially happy for you on the health and spirituality improvements, those are huge. I wish you the best in your retirement. Smile

Thank you. I have been following your posts and you have been in my thoughts and prayers. We aren't that far apart, feel free to reach out if you ever need someone to talk to.

It's a late reply, but thank you. I think we used to shop at the same Safeway, actually. Black sedan with tints? Wink

Actually, I wouldn't mind sitting down over a cup of coffee some time. I'll shoot you an email. Smile

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Congrats, enjoy retirement.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
You made the right decision, I think. Congratulations and enjoy your time. Because it really is now YOUR time.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have woken up without a job.
Breaker Breaker 1 / 9 , welcome to Life Smile

That work business interferes with important things, like hobbies and fitness and especially, wellness. One or two hundred hours a year can keep anyone fed and clothed.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Good for you. I hope you enjoy the coming years.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations for both the retirement and the weight loss.

Posts: 124 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post