SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    After 29 years and 3 months, the headset plug has been pulled - 911Boss is 10-7 **THANK YOU ALL - COMMENTS ADDED Pg 4**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After 29 years and 3 months, the headset plug has been pulled - 911Boss is 10-7 **THANK YOU ALL - COMMENTS ADDED Pg 4** Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you definitely made the right decision.
One word of caution… you will probably find yourself more busy in retirement than when you were employed but at least you can do it on your own schedule.

Congratulations!

BTW, if you haven’t checked the SF handbook in a while under Section 43.2b it states that when you retire you are required to up your daily post count here!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I had no thought at all of retirement until suddenly the idea hit me. Then I could scarcely stand the wait for my target date!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Your health is definitely worth it!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have said Congrats on your retirement, getting right with God, losing the weight and getting in shape.

On a professional note....Thank You for the 29+ years of helping the public and saving untold lives. Unless you have been involved in emergency services as police officer, EMT, or firefighter you have no idea how important a dispatcher can be. A lot of the time your job can be run of mill but in an instant the decision you make can have an officer's life on the line. I have said all along that I would never do you job. Thanks again for doing yours!!!! Enjoy Retirement.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
Congrats and thank you for your public service.

"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place

Posts: 353 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Well done Wayne and congratulations on handling your retirement like a BOSS!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Good luck on your travels into this new stage of life. I'm sure you're going to love it!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on being 10-7/10-42

It has to be a great feeling, one of our dispatchers did the same, said it was a huge relief.

Posts: 419 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats awesome

congrats and thanks for the 29 years

I'm hoping I won't be too far behind you in retirement planning

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I retired four years ago . I wasn't ready , but like you , the situation dictated the decision . I have ZERO regrets . Enjoy ..

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Enjoy the next chapter.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you, enjoy your retirement!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! I also want to thank you because without your posts about a rower, I might have delayed in getting one and I love it and regret not getting it sooner.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done 911 and congratulations on the health improvements. Good luck with the next phase.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Keep working on your health.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Well earned!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you. The life, work, and health changes you've made indicate that the next phase is going to be a cakewalk robust protein shake fr you.

side note; we met at the Bruce Gray thing in Renton that Signified mentioned. As I recall you were picking up a gun.

Anyway, best of luck to you, retirement rocks; even if you find a new gig, you're free in your heart.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
15% hit tells me you weighed the cost of sticking it out for another year. I can't blame you.

Congratulations on your dry run and now real retirement.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post