SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    After 29 years and 3 months, the headset plug has been pulled - 911Boss is 10-7 **THANK YOU ALL - COMMENTS ADDED Pg 4**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After 29 years and 3 months, the headset plug has been pulled - 911Boss is 10-7 **THANK YOU ALL - COMMENTS ADDED Pg 4** Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Good for you 911Boss, enjoy and make the most of your new life! And congratulations on improving your health and dramatic weight loss. One of the things I have most enjoyed in retirement has been the hour I spend first thing in the morning, 3-4 times a week exercising. When I worked I might do this for a few months but always found an excuse to quit. With all the time I have now I actually enjoy and look forward to my exercise time and feel so much better.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7095 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats man! You made a good choice, enjoy retirement.

Posts: 3593 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on such a career. Good on you!!!!

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Congrats Wayne.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Awesome on all accounts! Congrats!

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I’ll be joining you in 15 days.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15570 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thank you for your all-too-commonly unappreciated service to us all.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy! You've earned it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on retirement and your personal accomplishments. All the best to you in the next chapter.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
10-4, welcome to the check of the month club.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!

As for your question on taking a lower pension now or waiting until 65, I always advise taking it ASAP.

1. Enjoy your life now, I don't mean to sound morbid but you never know what can happen between now and 65 years old. You don't want to wait until it's too late.

2. The way things are going with pension funds, in general, who knows if it will be around when you are 65. There are some seriously underfunded pension funds and a real danger that they will be even more underwater as time progresses.

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on both the retirement and the weight loss, both are very impressive.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! We need to get your CUT updated too.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
First of all, thank you so very much for your service. Doing what you have done, for as long as you have done it, quite a sacrifice for you and your family.

Enjoy a well deserved retirement, and new lease on life.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your journey this last year. As you have discovered, it has put you in a place that is so much better than where you were. Enjoy your retirement!

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Wayne. Go hangout at Long Beach and enjoy. i had an Aunt who had a cabin there, we went there a lot in my younger years.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on retirement and life changes. An inspiration for some of us who need to do the same

Posts: 728 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Took the same path last year at the begining of the lockdown and also very close to the 30 hears mark.

Much better now. The quality of our personal lives has improved significantly and helped us overcome together what live has thrown on our path.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post