SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Moron who thinks a pistol makes him Superman gets shot more than a dozen times
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moron who thinks a pistol makes him Superman gets shot more than a dozen times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
He got mag dumped on with a 9mm, then three blasts with a shotgun and was still mouthing off? Eek It took a fourth hit to hush him up...

I thought the same thing, watching the video (OK, I'll admit, I watched it four or five times! Cool). I have a lot tied up in 9mm now, guns, ammo (both +P and +P+), despite growing up on 45ACP and being a fervent follower of Jeff Cooper. I guess it's a good thing that the BG was knocked down by the first round or two, which would in theory create time to take control of the situation, but I'd have preferred DRT.

A whole bunch of years ago, a close friend was Chicago Police and described an encounter in which some sort of SWAT or anti-gang unit took on an angry druggie, about a dozen cops armed with Browning HP's with primitive 9mm ammo, got 18 rounds into his torso with minimal effect, shut him down with one round of 12GA buck.

My takeaway is that I need more range time!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He got mag dumped on with a 9mm, then three blasts with a shotgun and was still mouthing off? Eek It took a fourth hit to hush him up. He must be Rasputin incarnate.

Time to rethink my home defense strategy. The 12ga is now the primary.

“Time to rethink…” is absolutely true! I know human beings are hard to kill, but absorbing that many rounds and still moving is shocking to me!!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
When 144 rounds of .45 ACP is simply not enough to get an officer through the day...

https://www.police1.com/office...ob-clGBbLYpnqqHxwMq/

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
When 144 rounds of .45 ACP is simply not enough to get an officer through the day...

Correction, Ofc. Gramins used to carry 45ACP in his primary sidearm, but after that SD incident, he converted to 9mm for its increased capacity.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And just like that, his pronouns became, "was" and "were".

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Correction, Ofc. Gramins used to carry 45ACP in his primary sidearm, but after that SD incident, he converted to 9mm for its increased capacity.

That's why I said, 144 of .45 ACP was not enough (that he moved to 145 of 9mm.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's back to 45. In a 1911. Kimber IIRC.

Posts: 5743 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
My concern is for the meat this scholar was grilling. Hopefully it was put to good use and not left to smolder on a lonely grill.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Makes me think about the virtues of Tn defensive loads, if I can find any…

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
but absorbing that many rounds and still moving is shocking to me!!

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16707 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He got mag dumped on with a 9mm, then three blasts with a shotgun and was still mouthing off? Eek It took a fourth hit to hush him up. He must be Rasputin incarnate.

Time to rethink my home defense strategy. The 12ga is now the primary.

I'd ask how many of those rounds hit and where did they hit?

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
And just like that, his pronouns became, "was" and "were".

OK that’s funny

Posts: 13266 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After his "Really" the dumb shit didn't know to keep his damn mouth shut and at least play dead.

Posts: 44 | Registered: April 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Took place in Philly. Color me shocked.

I live in PA and can tell you it's one of the worst cities I've ever visited and I've been to plenty.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
sad

Posts: 2774 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder if those were just straight ball ammo target loads or if they were JHP rounds.

Posts: 53190 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Instructive video.

The requisite caliber discussion just speaks to what I've seen and heard repeated from guys who survived shootings: shoot first if you can, hit the vitals if you can, and keep shooting until the guy can't shoot back. Pistols suck at killing people, and shotguns loaded with buckshot can also be iffy. Shotguns loaded with slugs do absolutely devastating stuff, and that's speaking from experience. If you want to kill someone, use a rifle, and bring friends with rifles. Sometimes the bad guy doesn't get the memo that he's supposed to lay down and play dead, and sometimes, you can do everything right, hit all the vitals, and still get killed.

This one added a new one for me, and that's if someone pulls a gun, they may not immediately try to shoot you, but it's still time to start shooting them. That security guard didn't hesitate, he yanked the quickest thing he could get into action and turned that mouthy fucker into swiss cheese.

Posts: 17143 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Clean up on Aisle 1!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Dude found religion after he got holey.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have read all the posts but I seemed to have missed it if it was said, how many of those shots were hits?

Posts: 7507 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post