SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Derek Chauvin Trial
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Derek Chauvin Trial Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I think some of you all should rethink, and delete your posts, forthwith.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15909 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

What?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Care to explain this? I don't see anything which should be removed.

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I agree. I'm really angry about the Old Fashioned posts, they have triggered me...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Someone should let me in on the joke PDQ.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I agree. I'm really angry about the Old Fashioned posts, they have triggered me...

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking Old Fashioneds.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Trying to listen to Levin, finding it pretty much unlistenable. His depth of knowledge as to the facts in this case is surprisingly limited, getting his back up should any callers suggest the restraint method used is a valid technique. No court will overturn this decision says Mark. It's like he doesn't want to even consider that. He's not going to accept any pushback.

It seems he's on the road we followed after the election, legitimate questions but we must respect our "rule of law". I hope he comes back to Earth but not looking good at 5:47 CDT.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8365 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I’m ready to go hunting.
Oh, is this what he's talking about?

What's this remark mean, recoatlift? And don't get cute with me.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's what I meant.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15909 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alan that Old Fashioned post triggered me. When I was a teen that was the drink of choice for elderly society women. They way things are going you may have to start drinking Cuba Libres.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well I thought he was guilty of not rendering aid or negligent homicide, but nothing like what he was charged with. He didn't do a damn thing wrong until Floyd stopped moving. I can't imagine this surviving a appeal.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Detestable, but entirely predictable. The crushing reality is that we are sharing this country with these people indefinitely.

Posts: 1976 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not getting cute para, I’m tired of being called a racist whitey, I’m tired of paying for people that hate America, that hate everything about this country. All the expense of trying to please thugs so they won’t riot is BS. I’m just burned out.

I watched Robert Whittaker win his MMA fight the other night. He spent at least a minute saying how proud of New Zealand and Australia, he held his country’s flags high and continued to praise those countries and their people. All people. I can’t recall the last time I heard any sports figure saying they were proud of the USA. They can’t stand for the flag or say how good America is. How great the American people are. Nothing but bitching and taking from working people. I can’t take the cop hating, stealing the election and just pretty much saying F*you to everyone based on different skin color & I’m the Schmuck paying the bills.

Now, Joe spouting off how bad folks here are.
Floyd was a hero to him.

I’ll accept what you’ll say and do with much respect. I apologize to your forum and members.

I didn’t proofread this so forgive my errors please.

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
A change in my thinking. I would now never advise my grandkids to go into law enforcement. The pay is not compensatory to the risks, both on the street and God forgive you make an honest mistake. Just not worth it. Let the left get their way and no cops. Oh, I'll love to see how that works out.
The problem with that is the losers and unqualified will fill the police vacancies and the left will use that against them for further "police reforms". Crime will rise and eventually citizens will have to step in and take a stand. We already now what the left thinks of people who can take a stand...

Yeah, maybe. It's conjecture on what the outcome would be. I'd like to see these leftist crying for police protection when none is available. Don't get me wrong, I don't want people no matter their political leaning be harmed. I would just like them to shit their pants a few times when their cries for help are not answered because of their efforts to
do away with the 99% of cops that are good guy/gals.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll accept what you’ll say and do with much respect. I apologize to your forum and members.
What I say is you need to refrain from ever again posting anything like that in this forum. What I'll do will be made apparent if you ignore my directive.

Don't be a lunkhead. That goes for everyone posting in this thread.

posted Hide Post
Thank you para.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m tired of paying for people that hate America, that hate everything about this country. All the expense of trying to please thugs so they won’t riot is BS. I’m just burned out.

Now, Joe spouting off how bad folks here are.
Floyd was a hero to him.

They hate this country so much yet refuse to leave. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Somehow, I’m surprised at the verdict. I shouldn’t be, but I am. That it took them so little time speaks volumes, none of it good. Mob rule won out today, and that does not speak well to 2021 being more peaceful than 2020. I expect they’ll do the same to Rittenhouse next.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You wouldn't be able to swing a dead cat around here without hitting someone who is fed up with this bullshit.

We all have to find a way to cope with the blind hatred and complete loss of rationality. You can't change the world.

This is why, after the election last November, I ceased participating in (or even having the slightest interest in) current events in this country. I don't watch any "news". I don't visit any "news" sites. Any news I get comes to me via my wife or my friends, or this forum. I would avoid hearing about any of it if it were possible for me, which it is not, especially given my position in this forum.

If you let things which you cannot control make you angry, you're wasting your time and you're damaging yourself in a way, and you may end up alienating people around you. I'm guilty of these things in the past, but, to the degree which it is possible, I am now oblivious to most current events and I am indifferent to those events about which I know.

You should try it. The best revenge is being happy, and if you turn off all that noise and do your best to live your life with your friends and family and appereciate the time you have left on this rock, you will be better off- much better off.

It would be different if we could actually change things away from their current conditions, but we can't. And all the pie-in-the-sky pretty talk won't help. No, you can't be anything you want if only you try. No, "all you have to do is believe" is simply not true.

We went out and voted last November and look where we are. There is no point at railing into the wind. The only people who are listening are the ones who already feel the way we do.

Anyone who thinks this is all defeatist talk, be my guest. Again, if there were any chance we could move the needle even a bit, I wouldn't be saying these things to you.

The long view is that we are moving through history, gentlemen. Things stay the same for only the briefest intervals. The world is constantly changing. All great empires fall. The world- and all the fools in this country who hate it- they're all going to miss us when we're gone, because the things we believe in- God, the Constitution, marriage, love of one's country and a willingness to fight and die for it, personal responsibility and hard work- these things and the people who believe in them are the glue which has held together this society, and when we're all in the ground in a few years, this nation will collapse entirely, and then these assholes won't even have a Bed Bath and Beyond to picket.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023