SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ghislaine Maxwell Has Final Pretrial Hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghislaine Maxwell Has Final Pretrial Hearing Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I was really hoping that she would roll over on some to lighten her sentence......I guess she feared for her life more.

20 years is a light sentence.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
I was really hoping that she would roll over on some to lighten her sentence......I guess she feared for her life more.

It is really. But the amazing part is that I don't see them arresting, or even making an attempt to look for those who actually had sex with those underage girls. I wonder why.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Have to spend a full year on The View.

The eighth amendment prohibits that.

Maxwell has been fairly sentenced. Remember, federal prisoners serve almost all their time, with only small good behavior credits. Very small. She will likely die in custody.

Starting the countdown for the upcoming pardon by Biden in 3, 2, 1.... Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10263 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
quote:
quote:

It is really. But the amazing part is that I don't see them arresting, or even making an attempt to look for those who actually had sex with those underage girls. I wonder why.

They would have to indict most of the world leadership… And a good portion of the billionaires too.

Just never gonna happen.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
20 years, even for a 60 year old, is too light for the damage she help enable.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Case in point, R. Kelly just got 30 years for sex trafficking.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:

They were told NOT to dig deeper. Although I'd like to think to the contrary, ends here with her.

What is your actual evidence of this. Do you have the memo? Or a recording?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53243 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Have to spend a full year on The View.

The eighth amendment prohibits that.

Maxwell has been fairly sentenced. Remember, federal prisoners serve almost all their time, with only small good behavior credits. Very small. She will likely die in custody.

Starting the countdown for the upcoming pardon by Biden in 3, 2, 1.... Wink

As far as I know Biden never got any (and it is about the best I can say for him), so why would he pardon? Bill and Hillary's influence is mostly done after Trump beat her. (They don't know it, but it is true.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53243 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
out in 17 years on a 20 year sentence, unless her lawyers get her out on appeal

Posts: 4782 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:

They were told NOT to dig deeper. Although I'd like to think to the contrary, ends here with her.

What is your actual evidence of this. Do you have the memo? Or a recording?

I'm SOOOO sorry. I forgot the "IMHO" preface. Roll Eyes

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3626 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
In other news R.Kelly gets 30 years for a similar offence. Justice is blind - yeah, right.

One a wealthy white female, connected to various highly placed individuals, the other a black male, connected to a few people no one gives a shit about.

Link.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Case in point, R. Kelly just got 30 years for sex trafficking.

Great juxtaposition.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20054 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post