SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ghislaine Maxwell Has Final Pretrial Hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghislaine Maxwell Has Final Pretrial Hearing Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
https://www.oann.com/ghislaine...al-pretrial-hearing/
In this courtroom sketch, Ghislaine Maxwell stands facing her attorney Bobbi Sternheim while a U.S. marshal removes her shackles in the courtroom prior to a hearing Monday, Nov. 1, 2021, in New York. Maxwell was brought into a Manhattan courtroom for the lengthy hearing where U.S. District Judge Alison Nathan made a series of rulings over how the trial starting later this month will unfold. (AP Photo/Elizabeth Williams)

"OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 11:39 AM PT – Tuesday, November 2, 2021
The accomplice of the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein had her final pre-trial hearing. In a Manhattan court on Monday, Ghislaine Maxwell asserted she has committed no crimes.

The socialite was charged with conspiracy and enticing minors to travel to engage in illicit acts as well as transporting minors for criminal acts. Maxwell allegedly recruited underage girls for Epstein and is being accused of joining him in sexually assaulting the victims.

Associated Press reporter Larry Neumeister explained some of the courtroom protections for those telling the court their experience with the couple as some were as young as 14 at the time they say they were assaulted.

“…The victims and the women who are going to be testifying during the trial about the ordeals they went through can use pseudonyms and sometimes just a first name,” he explained. “And won’t have to divulge their full name or full identities to jurors”.

Neumeister also covered how Judge Allison Nathan dismissed attempts by the defense to submit evidence of the prosecution operating outside their jurisdiction.

“…How they built their case and who they interviewed and who they subpoenaed, but Judge Nathan said none of that can be told to the jurors, so that’s all out of the trial,” explained the reporter. “She said to bring that in would confuse jurors, would make the trial last too long and wouldn’t relate to the charges.”"

Posts: 16183 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Those shackles really make her ensemble pop.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
It really ties the outfit together....

quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Those shackles really make her ensemble pop.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Two things:

First, I really, really, really hope she spills the beans and starts naming names.

Second, speaking of naming names, this is BS in my opinion.

quote:

“…The victims and the women who are going to be testifying during the trial about the ordeals they went through can use pseudonyms and sometimes just a first name,” he explained. “And won’t have to divulge their full name or full identities to jurors”.

If you're making an accusation like this, then you damn sure better have to identify yourself.

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that she gets offered a deal if she will tell all she knows on all people involved. I believe that there would be many well known names mentioned.

Posts: 6714 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I hope that she gets offered a deal if she will tell all she knows on all people involved. I believe that there would be many well known names mentioned.
Including many who have been so self-righteous lecturing the rest of us about moral correctness.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2160 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking how good those shackles would look on Hilary klinton and nancy Pelosi

Posts: 62 | Registered: November 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

quote:

If you're making an accusation like this, then you damn sure better have to identify yourself.

They aren’t making the allegations, the government is. They are just witnesses and anonymity might be what it took to get them to testify. There is no video recording or photography allowed in federal court (hence the drawing in the article) so it’s actually somewhat effective.

I do agree with your concern, generally, though just not in this case. The defense knows who they are and will have every opportunity to investigate them and cross examine them so there’s no due process issue here.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Given her proclivities, she probably enjoyed the restraints.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7188 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
True love is when you can finish your partners sentences for them.

Posts: 591 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://technofog.substack.com...slaine-maxwell-trial

Ghislaine Maxwell trial is set to begin tomorrow, November 29.

Maxwell faces the following charges:

Count One: Conspiracy to Entice Minors to Travel to Engage in Illegal Sex Acts.

Count Two: Enticement of a Minor to Travel to Engage in Illegal Sex Acts.

Count Three: Conspiracy to Transport Minors with Intent to Engage in Criminal Sexual Activity.

Count Four: Transportation of a Minor with Intent to Engage in Criminal Sexual Activity.

Count Five: Sex Trafficking Conspiracy.

Count Six: Sex Trafficking of a Minor.

Counts Seven and Eight: Perjury (stemming from allegedly false deposition testimony during a civil suit).

indictment:

https://www.scribd.com/documen...perseding-Indictment

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
If there was any possibility that she would put out names of "famous" clients, she would get dead just as quickly, under similarly mysterious circumstances. I'm sure she would have to understand that. Apologies in advance for stating the obvious.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8926 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Given recent history, I’d be surprised if anyone of real consequence is exposed. There was a prostitution sting around here not long ago and everyone got off free as a bird because the John list included local politicians, police, religious leaders etc. the whole thing just went away.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Final hearing before "she" hangs herself?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5674 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A psychologist who is a memory expert will be testifying for Maxwell. She has written and published extensively in the area of false recovered memories. She has testified in many trials over the years. Her name is Dr. Loftus and she testified in Weinstein and OJ trials. The Judge has allowed her to testify as an expert.
Dr. Park Dietz a forensic psychiatrist has also been called upon to rebut the testimony of a psychologist who is testifying for the prosecution. As you may recall Dietz interviewed Richard Kuklinski, AKA the Iceman for HBO. Dietz also interviewed Jeffrey Dahmer and testified at his trial. In short he has personally interviewed a number of serial killers and sociopaths. Depending on their delivery this testimony could be a snoozer or riveting.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Final hearing before "she" hangs herself?

IIRC Para does not like these types of conspiracy postings. If this thread is to survive it’s probably best to not indulge in the suicided theories.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am surprised she has not offered to name names in exchange for immunity and being put into Witness Protection. If this is not the case, then possibly most of the incriminating evidence involving others has been hidden or destroyed and she feels she can roll the dice at trial.
She has had more than enough time to destroy evidence before being arrested.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IDK. She comes from money. Her father Robert Maxwell died in a suspicious fashion. I can't imagine her in Witness Protection unless it was a fortified beautifully decorated castle in rural Europe.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't imagine her in Witness Protection unless it was a fortified beautifully decorated castle in rural Europe.

Neuschwanstein ?

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

Given recent history, I’d be surprised if anyone of real consequence is exposed. There was a prostitution sting around here not long ago and everyone got off free as a bird because the John list included local politicians, police, religious leaders etc. the whole thing just went away.

Just a couple of points:

1. Judge Nathan granted the motion to redact evidence to hide any ‘sensational’ or ‘impure’ information. Judge Nathan was nominated to higher office in the US 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals last week by Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/...s-courts-2021-11-17/

2. The lead prosecutor is Maurene Comey - yes, daughter of James Comey.
https://www.businessinsider.co...-epstein-case-2019-7

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post