SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ghislaine Maxwell Has Final Pretrial Hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghislaine Maxwell Has Final Pretrial Hearing Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Yup; the “out” needed to shield all these world pedocrats.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm for prosecuting that juror to the full extent of the law. Also, charge him for the cost of the trial that will be tossed out.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20054 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Color me confused. I would have thought during voir dire that questions regarding potential jurors history and views on child molestation would have been asked.

Were such posed and if so did this juror lie?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16529 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Color me confused. I would have thought during voir dire that questions regarding potential jurors history and views on child molestation would have been asked.

Were such posed and if so did this juror lie?

Juror lied; coached jury on what it’s like to be a sex abuse victim.

Purposely prevaricated so that he could be on the jury.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That seems to be the case.

So what can the juror be charged with? What is the penalty?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contempt of court and obstruction of justice. Have to spend a full year on The View.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Pretty harsh.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
"Have to spend a full year on The View." Eek

Wouldn't that be cruel and unusual punishment? I'd opt for the death penalty in that case.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2022/01/15/...-8-john-does-secret/

Convicted sex-trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell will no longer fight to protect the identity of eight johns who allegedly had sex with young women she and her billionaire pedophile pal Jeffrey Epstein procured for them.

A lawyer for Maxwell stated in a letter to federal Judge Loretta Preska this week that she would no longer object to the identities of the “John Does” in a 2015 civil lawsuit brought against Maxwell by Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Giuffre.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ Gotta get some popcorn. The show is starting.

Posts: 9273 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Here we go... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://apnews.com/article/ghi...811d975ce8e10d171260

Ghislaine Maxwell, the jet-setting socialite who once consorted with royals, presidents and billionaires, was sentenced to 20 years in prison Tuesday for helping the financier Jeffrey Epstein sexually abuse underage girls.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was really hoping that she would roll over on some to lighten her sentence......I guess she feared for her life more.

Posts: 6714 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
She'll die in prison of old age.
She'll be 61 in December.

Posts: 16184 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Have to spend a full year on The View.

The eighth amendment prohibits that.

Maxwell has been fairly sentenced. Remember, federal prisoners serve almost all their time, with only small good behavior credits. Very small. She will likely die in custody.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53243 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She never took responsibility for her actions, which is something courts pay significant attention to. My guess is this cost her a few years.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted June 28, 2022 04:35 PM Hide Post
She'll die in prison of old age.
She'll be 61 in December.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would not bet on it. Governor Edwards was incarcerated at age 75 and did ten years in Federal prison. Of course he had superior social skills. He married again in his 80s to a woman in her early thirties. Ran for Congress when he got out. Died at 93.

Her longevity to a significant extent will depend upon her ability to get along with others plus which Federal institution she goes to. Attempts are usually made to place the inmate close to family. Her conditions will be much improved from what they are now.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
Being a retired LEO ... not one who believes in snitching, but in this case she should of sang like a canary.

Just sayin'

Maybe she was waiting to see if they have the balls to throw the book at her, even with all the world famous people & politicians Epstein had as clients. Now that she's essentially going to do life, if I were her, I'd unload.

Sure, she & Epstein provided the girls & hooked their clients up, but all those important people from all over the world screwing minors for all those years & she's the ONLY one in jail? That's a bunch of horse poop if you ask me.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You assume that deal was offered. The prosecutors needed a trophy to make up for Epstein. She was it. There might not have been anything in it for them to dig deeper.

quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I was really hoping that she would roll over on some to lighten her sentence......I guess she feared for her life more.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
You assume that deal was offered. The prosecutors needed a trophy to make up for Epstein. She was it. There might not have been anything in it for them to dig deeper.

They were told NOT to dig deeper. Although I'd like to think to the contrary, ends here with her.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3626 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post