SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ghislaine Maxwell Has Final Pretrial Hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghislaine Maxwell Has Final Pretrial Hearing Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chap's wife only got 3 years for trafficking so there's precedent for fed cooperation.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Chapos wife was a more sympathetic character and most importantly has small children.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Time for Ghislaine to start singing like a bird.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7281 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the sentencing will ensure she never gets out.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Perhaps she’ll get time already served?

Posts: 10828 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
If she talks, she's dead. In prison, they will eat her up.

Posts: 8696 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better get the “Suicide” Watch up and running!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 562 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, if she gets out, she can always go work for CNN.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4359 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If she talks, she's dead. In prison, they will eat her up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Being eaten up in prison is rather unlikely. If something happens to her in the Federal prison system there will be serious consequences for the prison administrators. It is rather simple and safe to put the inmate in solitary. Prison is not like Truman Capote's Glass House. State prisons like Attica still exist but she will be doing her time with the Feds. I suspect she haa good social skills and will get by.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Now what about Prince Andrew, Bill Clinton, Alan Dershowitz, and the rest?

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What...seriously, what are you guys talking about Maxwell "singing like a bird" or "naming names" or making deals? No one is asking her. No one who matters is listening. No one is offering any deals. This entire trial was a cover-up. The Epstein files have been resealed and won't be reopened. It's done. As far as everyone involved here is concerned, that's a wrap.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I expect nothing else to happen (beyond her sentencing), but certainly hope it does. I've been pleasantly surprised once or twice before, heh. Even this conviction is itself a little surprising, and pleasantly so.

Where she gets sent and for how long is what I'm curious about now. Will she get the Martha Stewart treatment / a minimum security cake walk, or will she be under heavier guard and in isolation for years?

IIRC, she'll have to serve 85% of the sentence, regardless of where she ends up.

And she's 60yo now. Some speculation regarding the sentencing that I saw said the very best she can hope for is getting out in 12-15yrs.

Also, she has other remaining trials for perjury, too, which may add to it all.

Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
What...seriously, what are you guys talking about Maxwell "singing like a bird" or "naming names" or making deals? No one is asking her. No one who matters is listening. No one is offering any deals. This entire trial was a cover-up. The Epstein files have been resealed and won't be reopened. It's done. As far as everyone involved here is concerned, that's a wrap.
Yeah, that's my take as well, the fix is in. If JizzLine had indicated at any time she'd trade information for leniency, the trial would never have happened, and she'd be hanging with Epstein and Vince Foster by now.

Posts: 6777 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
It certainly looks like this trial is going to be one big fizzle. I follow Eric Weinstein. He's a very intelligent left of center guy. He does a podcast called The Portal. One episode he dedicated to Jeffery Epstein. He asked the question was Epstein involved with the intelligence community? He speculates that it certainly looks like all involved are doing their best to suppress methods of collection. If true it could explain much.

Edit to add. Looks like she was convicted on 5 of 6 counts yesterday. We'll see how sentencing works out.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/ghis...elief-124500076.html

Posts: 7650 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
The only talking she could possibly do is provide information where more possible evidence can be found (if any actually exists) that would implicate anyone else "big/important" participating. Her words alone on something isn't going to cut it.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2282 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It’s over.
You will hear no more of Ghislaine, Epstein, or the sex scandals.

The politically connected have been protected.

Face it the trial ended, there is no more evidence.
All has been hidden or destroyed by the powers that be.

One more news story for Prince Andrew and that’s it.

All over.
The End.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
One day there will be justice for all, but not in this life. Corruption has stolen from us the principles that made this nation extraordinary. We are decaying into the same predatory society that our founding documents and principles were established to avoid. The American experiment is failing because human nature is flawed and corrupt. I’ve come to not expect justice in this life. I look to another day no one can escape before a judge who cannot be fooled, deceived, intimidated, corrupted, avoided nor ignored. The only fooled are those who think they’ll never have to account.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
One day there will be justice for all, but not in this life. Corruption has stolen from us the principles that made this nation extraordinary. We are decaying into the same predatory society that our founding documents and principles were established to avoid. The American experiment is failing because human nature is flawed and corrupt. I’ve come to not expect justice in this life. I look to another day no one can escape before a judge who cannot be fooled, deceived, intimidated, corrupted, avoided nor ignored. The only fooled are those who think they’ll never have to account.

So be it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20054 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The truly tragic part of all this in not that she will suffer a consequence far less deserving of what she should, or not name names and have those people prosecuted as well, but the real tragedy is the pedophile elite of which I'm convinced are many will gleefully be allowed to continue their practice.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8620 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I guess you missed this, but Maxwell has yet to be sentenced! She's looking at a high term of something like 65 years in prison and her level or lack of cooperation in identifying others (clients) who participated in associated criminal activity with her IS a factor that the judge must consider before sentencing. Maxwell's participation in Epstein's criminal conspiracy came under scrutiny because of complaints from those who were victimized as minors. Procuring these minors was only part of the criminal conspiracy here. Using/paying for the procurement of these minors for sexual gratification was another important part of this conspiracy and the adults that paid for these services are equally guilty. They need to be held accountable just as well. IF Maxwell provides verifiable evidence of crimes committed by these "consumers" of her prostitution business, the judge can and should use that cooperation to justify some moderation of her sentence.

Failing to seek and use this information by the Department of Justice will only send the message that her clients evaded justice because of their wealth and status, and isn't that the same message that led to such a long delay in charges against Epstein and Maxwell to begin with? I believe her conviction might start some momentum towards holding the clients responsible for their crimes too, for the same reason she's being held accountable.

I also believe there's video evidence to support claims by Maxwell during the appellate process that she knew of equally responsible offenders (clients), offered to provide the info to DOJ, and was ignored that might have significant bearing on where the investigation goes from here. Others who took part in this conspiracy need to be held accountable for their victimization of minors.

Offers to assist prosecutors for consideration during sentencing is just as much of a "right" when it comes to scumbags like Maxwell as with any other criminal scumbag. The courts aren't required to provide a lesser sentence for such cooperation, but denying the defendant an opportunity (pre-sentencing) available to others convicted of similar crimes may very well be considered unconstitutional. She (like all defendants in criminal cases) has the right to provide mitigating evidence and cooperating with law enforcement to identify other offenders is mitigating evidence. It's no different than denying those convicted of Capital Crimes ("Special Circumstances" murder cases) their RIGHT to offer evidence of mitigation, even if they've committed the most horrific homicides.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10263 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

I guess you missed this, but Maxwell has yet to be sentenced!

No, I didn't miss that.

But you've clearly missed my point.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post