SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Today the sun was shining, so outdoors working after work. Raking stones out of the grass and smoked a La Gloria Cubana Serie N while doing it. Man that raking get old in a hurry! Luckily, my new belt came for my mower deck, so I put that on and mounted the deck to the tractor. Did a quick test and all seems well but the grass was soaked from the rain yesterday so I couldn't do more. More rain tomorrow so I may not be able to smoke anything.

Oh yeah, yesterday was a Tatuaje 10th anniversary Miami.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried working on our Dyson this evening without success. While working on that and cussing like the sailor I once was, I smoked a Camacho SLR maduro that was quite tasty!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Almost finished with my last CAO Brazilia. No space in the humidor for more with the Undercrowns, Diesel Shortys and other random smokes. Frown

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
HRK, how was the Gurkha? I personally have not found one that I like yet. They are revamping their entire line and the first has hit the shelves locally. I have not had one and did not hear any reviews on them yet either.

It was very good, there are some that are quite harsh, it's a function of finding the right blend for your tastes. Went to a Gurkha tasting last night at a local store and Armando from Gurkha was there, gave away some gifts, one was a Gurkha Knife, just missed that one in the drawing.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Here goes my last Flor de las Antillas. *sigh*
Anyone tried the 5 Vegas Cask Stength Firkin?

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone tried the 5 Vegas Cask Stength Firkin?

Hate ... hated ... HATED that cigar. I don't know why, but it reminded me of smoking a stale piece of dirt.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I had a 5 vegas sampler last summer, I dont remember what it came with but i didnt finish a single one. All terrible!

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Thanks for saving me some money! I've had the gold toro and it wasn't anything special.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Would that be more of a "zestless earthy note?"

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is the Cigar festival, anything I should look out for? Im going to try to pick up a couple Viaje Zombie Reds(Maduro) and I Know there will be other event only smokes, But is there anything like the Serie A I should look out for? Over 50 vendors/cigar reps will be there.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Have you tried a Crowned Heads Yellow Rose? it's a Texas only release

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha ha ha! That's a loaded question if I've ever seen one!! There will most likely be some rare birds there, but you need to know what is there and what is rare. Tatuaje has a few new sticks that are just out or are coming out shortly. There may be pre-release cigars there too. Try to catch up..er..crash course on halfwheel to see what you may come across. Of course the "A" or some Feral Pigs, Flying Pigs from Drew Estate. Anejo Sharks and the like or Siglo's from Fuente. If you really get lucky, maybe a "Kitty" juice from Feunte, but I wouldn't count on that. The CAO Amazon are not in stores and I have not had one, but I hear excellent things about them. I wouldn't go crazy over Montchristo or Ashton as I feel they are overpriced for what they are. Pepin sticks...well, they speak for themselves. The My Father Special ,white or red labels may be there. If you get a white label, try to smoke it as soon as possible because they lose the pepper in them, and they are pepper bombs when "fresh". I have not had a red labeled one. Most of all, have fun and good luck!!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
If you get the chance, here are a few sticks I've smoked recently that I would recommend seeking out:

- LaAurora 110th Anniversary
- Rocky Patel 50th (this is the best Rocky I've smoked)
- Warped Honey
- Padilla Reserva

Hope you have a good time!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys. I got a list started. The yellow roses are an in stock item. I picked up a couple but haven't smoked em Yet. I will definitely ask about the Kitty juice. That's a must have at least once kind of item.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Continuing with the spring humidor cleaning, a Tatuaje 2012 TAA. Really good.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator,

Wasn't that you I split a box with? I was not grooving on it as much as I was hoping when I first smoked it, how has it improved with age?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Yeah we split a box. This is the 2012 not 2014. I am really enjoying this one. Subtle pepper with some dried fruit / sweetness on the pallet.

The last 2014 I had was a few months ago I thought it smoked great.

I'd gladly buy back any 2014s you want to get rid of. Smile

Edit to add the buy back was sarcasm but if you haven't had one in a while smoke one soon and give it a try.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thx - I'll hit one up tomorrow night.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Did early check in and got my entry wristband and swag bag. Also my gf bought a ticket so I got 2 of these.

Here is a list of the swag.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Opus X Angel's Share tonight. Very mild and burns nice. I'd say there are other sticks at half the price that are better though.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post