SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 363 364 365 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Dropped my daughter off at college yesterday

Celebrating with a HdM Elegantes

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys interested in this cigar? My B&M sold a full box a few months ago, in September they are getting another one to split into pairs of sticks. I’m usually down to try anything, but at $175/stick I think I’ve met my match.

No matter how good they are, I cannot see how they will live up to the hype.

Thoughts/interest?

For the retailers that get a chance to sell the Fuente y Padrón Legends collaboration, it will likely be one of the most expensive—if not the most expensive—boxes of cigars they’ve ever sold. The MSRP for the highly anticipated collaborative project from Arturo Fuente and Padrón is priced at $7,115 per box of 40 cigars, roughly $178 per cigar.

Each box of Fuente y Padrón Legends will contain 40 cigars: 20 made by Arturo Fuente and 20 made by Padrón. Both cigars are 7 x 50 Churchills; the cigar made by Fuente is round, the cigar made by Padrón is box-pressed. No blend details about either cigar have been disclosed.

FUENTE Y PADRÓN LEGENDS PRICED AT $7,115 PER BOX

ARTURO FUENTE & PADRÓN SHOW OFF LEGENDS COLLABORATION AT PCA 2022

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
If I had eff you money I'd buy some just because I could, but I can't imagine that there is a cigar out there that is that much better than a good $10-15 stick.

Posts: 20546 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was gifted one each of the Tatuaje and My Father cigars from the collaboration. These were $65 each and no where near worth that price point. Paying $175 each with the chance of disappointment. No thanks.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Most I ever spent on a single cigar was $26 at the recommendation of the guy who worked there. Got about 1/4 of the way through and stopped smoking it. Will never do that again.

One day one able to afford expensive cigars but not necessarily spend on one.

Posts: 13286 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
A couple of times a year I will have a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur #1 with a natural wrapper. Once is on Father's Day and the other is any good time during the summer after cooking out.

I remember paying $2.69 apiece for them in the 1970s at Tinderbox. When I bought them a couple of months ago they were $13 dollars and change a piece. And no more Tinderbox.

Posts: 6719 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Had one of the new Foundation Wise Man (blended at the My Father factory now) corojo wrappers last night. Pretty tasty. I can't compare to the previous versions as I never had one, but this one was good and at a good price point ($9-ish). Graham cracker-y sweetness, some baking spice. Creamy in the mouth. A solid medium smoke. Not super complex, but enjoyable the whole way. Couple of minor touch-ups, and during the last 3rd the wrapper started to fall apart because whoever put the band on used too much glue and it stuck. Not blaming that on the cigar though. Worth a 5-pack pickup imho.

Posts: 1765 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post