SIGforum
The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5890052153

May 25, 2017, 03:39 PM
Ronin1069
The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
SNS club new member registration began today about an hour ago, site wont let me log in though.

You cannot, but my understanding is that a friendly member has your best interests in mind!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
May 25, 2017, 03:42 PM
gnut629
quote:
Super smooth and chocolatey so far. Thanks again Gerry.

Glad you enjoyed it, Jay.
May 25, 2017, 03:44 PM
gnut629
quote:
I know where to get boxes for 140$ shipped. Or 5 packs for 78$

Unless Gerry bought them all. Big Grin

Don't think I bought them all Cool.

I have 5 full boxes and about 12-15 singles.
May 25, 2017, 05:25 PM
gnut629
A package arrived today from a member from the Houston area. Thanks, Jay.

Man, I can't wait to try these smokes. Will try to post pics later.

thanks again
May 25, 2017, 06:21 PM
Jaywendland1981
Enjoy. Those are some of my favorites that i figured you dont have yet.

There will be whores, tits and sex.
May 25, 2017, 06:23 PM
gnut629
Tell me about the orange, blue and yellow banded ones. Texas special releases??
May 25, 2017, 06:53 PM
petr
Jay, thanks for the heads up about the boxes. My humidor is still stuffed though.

I am smoking a 2013 La Gloria Cubana Trunkshow tonight. Game 7 for the Penguins is starting shortly. GO PENS!!!
May 25, 2017, 07:33 PM
Jaywendland1981
The yellow banded is a Crowned heads yellow rose, the orange is a Tennessee waltz, and the blue is a Paniolo. Texas, Tennessee and Hawaii only releases. They are supposes to be the same blend, but have 3 different flavor profiles.

May 25, 2017, 07:41 PM
Jaywendland1981
Damn. Quick rant. I ordered custom made drawers for my newair cc300 wineador about 13 weeks ago from wineadors.com. The website and receipt both stated there was a 4-5 week turnaround time. Well my drawers arrived today, nvm the wait time, and they were wrong. Wayyyy too small. Look like the cc120 drawers. I go to the guys website and try to contact him. There is no phone number, only an option to email him and a disclaimer that emails are only read m-thurs 10-3 est. Kind of pissed. Gonna have a smoke and forget about it i guess. Hope he fixes the mistake. This really sucks cause i Have 4 more boxes of smokes otw and nowhere to put them.

May 25, 2017, 08:24 PM
gnut629
Damn, I hate stuff like that.
May 25, 2017, 09:48 PM
Kenpoist
He's really slow and has been having growing pains / trouble with fulfilling orders.

I paid the extra on mine and did the rush shipping and had the drawers in on time. I ordered some knick knacks later and had to chase him and complain to PayPal to get him to ship $30 worth of stuff.

Hopefully he'll fix you up quick.

Tonight's smoke:

Special occasion cigar (for me, some of y'all are always ballin around here)
May 25, 2017, 10:31 PM
Jaywendland1981
Well i filled the drawers he sent me. Leaves me room for maybe 1 box. I can probably move some more stuff around and make the other 2 boxes fit. Maybe. Hope he makes it right. I want to give the guy a great review, i see all the nice custom stuff he makes and he does have a talent. It did suck to see him posting up pictures of all his big orders (full humidors or zebrawood drawers etc) for months before I finally get a "shipped" email. Almost like he kept putting the smaller order off. For 50$ more i could have ordered drawers from Newair and not had this headache.

May 25, 2017, 10:35 PM
Kenpoist
quote:
Well i filled the drawers he sent me. Leaves me room for maybe 1 box. I can probably move some more stuff around and make the other 2 boxes fit. Maybe. Hope he makes it right. I want to give the guy a great review, i see all the nice custom stuff he makes and he does have a talent. It did suck to see him posting up pictures of all his big orders (full humidors or zebrawood drawers etc) for months before I finally get a "shipped" email. Almost like he kept putting the smaller order off. For 50$ more i could have ordered drawers from Newair and not had this headache.

If I remember correctly, Forrest does the drawers for NewAir. He does the ones for the complete wineador you can order. The ones that come pre-seasoned in the cooler.
May 25, 2017, 10:54 PM
Jaywendland1981
Well i put some HF beads in my 2 desktops, gave the other 2 to my cousin. Getting them seasoned up in case i have to use them. I might have to go big like Gerry and pony up for a giant unit at some point. At least the Mrs is ok with it if I do. I showed her pictures of his new humidor and she pointed to a spot and said we can make room for one.

May 25, 2017, 11:27 PM
Kenpoist
quote:
Well i put some HF beads in my 2 desktops, gave the other 2 to my cousin. Getting them seasoned up in case i have to use them. I might have to go big like Gerry and pony up for a giant unit at some point. At least the Mrs is ok with it if I do. I showed her pictures of his new humidor and she pointed to a spot and said we can make room for one.

As many as you smoke - go for it! You'll save in bulk :-)
May 25, 2017, 11:47 PM
GA Gator
I'd have to sell my first born. The cabinet and stock is more than the vehicles I own.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
May 26, 2017, 08:22 PM
Jaywendland1981
First blast of flavor and the first few puffs were just like a Liga. Then it mellowed out with some hay and grassy notes, very Tat like. About a 3rd in and it is just like the Umbagog, with a bit more strength. Not sold on these just yet.

May 26, 2017, 08:38 PM
GA Gator
Last night's Tat

Tonight's tat

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
May 26, 2017, 11:15 PM
Kenpoist
Looks like the dry boxing works. Tonight I'm smoking a jaime garcia reserva especial taa 2017 that I dry boxed for 2 days. Picking up more flavors than the one I smoked straight out of my Humidor.

Now if I could just name them all :-)

I keep the wineador between 62-65% RH (bottom to top). Didn't think it would make too much of a difference. I'll have to try it with something I smoke kore regularly.
May 27, 2017, 08:50 AM
Jaywendland1981
I use a Cigar box with a 62% boveda, this morning I'm having something new.