SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
Let me know how those umbagogs are - I've loved everything Saka has released

I'll send you one and you can see for yourself.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Enjoying one of my favorites tonight: A La Gloria Cubana #2. These are really hard to find as they only produce them once a year mostly for the French market. If you ever have the opportunity, grab a box, you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Tonights dance.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Jeff I have few #2 from 2014. I need to look into think I have four but it might be three. They are tasty and the Lonsdale is my favorite vitola by a wide margin.

Tonight's, with a 4 Rose's old fashion

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff, is that the Medaille d'Or?

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
Jeff, is that the Medaille d'Or?

Yes sir.

posted Hide Post
I saw these in the London airport this year, should have grabbed a box.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
I saw these in the London airport this year, should have grabbed a box. Maduro wrapper?

Just a dark photo, not maduro.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Guys -

For those of you who buy Cubans, do you freeze them when they arrive? I used to, but then got lazy and stopped. Never had a problem, but tonight was reading a thread on a different site that got me thinking about it again.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't freeze mine and never had a problem. Probably should, maybe.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Beetles are a product of dirty factories. They infest the facility from tobacco scraps left on the floor. This is a nonexistent problem from decades ago. Does it still happen rarely sure but high end cigars from Nicaragua or Havana it is rarely a problem. I have had one case in the 90's. I have never frozen cigars in nearly 30 years. I do not temperature control my cigars either. During the summer my house is in the lower 70s and have never had a problem. I have had cigars arrive via ups or usps that are hot to the touch. I will let them set for a few days to acclimate before putting them in storage.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GA Gator,

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Beetles are a product of dirty factories. They infest the facility from tobacco scraps left on the floor. This is a nonexistent problem from decades ago. Does it still happen rarely sure but high end cigars from Nicaragua or Havana it is rarely a problem. I have had one case in the 90's. I have never frozen cigars in nearly 30 years. I do not temperature control my cigars either. During the summer my house is in the lower 70s and have never had a problem. I have had cigars arrive via ups or usps that are hot to the touch. I will let them set for a few days to acclimate before putting them in storage.

You make a good point, and i have yet to see any beetles. The quality out of Cuba makes me wonder though. I dont freeze my smokes but they are temp controlled.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I believe habanos go through a freezing process before shipping.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
John,

What is the ring size on that serie E? Looks big but maybe it's the angle. One of my favorites, too.

54. Bigger than I normally like, but this is the second four pack I've purchased because the cigars tasted so good.

Correction - 3rd order that I've made of these! LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Where are you getting those from? I believe I may have 1 in the humidor, I'll have to give it a try.

posted Hide Post
BOOM!! I look out my window just in time to see my mailbox flag land in the yard. My mailbox is gone!!

Thank you Gerry! I have not had most of these. You didn't have to. You shouldn't have. Thanks again and I will give reviews while I smoke them.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Where are you getting those from? I believe I may have 1 in the humidor, I'll have to give it a try.

I'll send you an e-mail -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Well done Gerry

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
This guy knows how to blow up a mailbox.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:

I'll send you an e-mail -

I no longer have a yahoo account. New email is Gmail.