SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I'd be in for the cigar pass but I don't do anything super exotic FYI.

Currently puffing a Nica Libre Silver 25th anniversary. Not bad but a shade on the bland side IMO. It was part of an AJ sampler so for $3 and change it's hard to be mad about it.

No, nothing crazy. I don't want anyone feeling like they cannot play because they don't smoke the same type of sticks as some other members. I've got an idea on how this could work, will write it up this weekend and post. Those of you might have some thoughts, please shoot me an e-mail, that we we are not cluttering up the thread.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12340 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Willy is a cool guy, had the chance to meet him and J Drew a few times.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
On a layover in Tampa and there is a Davidoff store/lounge close to the hotel. Finally seeing some of the cigars you guys have been enjoying out in the wild!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Happy TaT Tuesday brought to you by the letter J and the number 21

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This evenings choice.

Posts: 3666 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Roasted some coffee after work. Going to start this stick in 10 minutes. Bolivar Petite Corona.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16713 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
What did you think of the Divina? I had one last year and didn't think much of it. I got another in my AJ sampler. Hopefully it's better this time.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It started out good and finished ok. I think some age will help it or tar may have been building up. I didn't try to reclip it either. Maybe I should have.

Posts: 3666 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Got a San Lotano Oval maduro going right now. I think I've been spoiled by the Partagas Cifuentes and Brickhouse maduro. They're cheap but they're the ones I use for comparison. The Camshaft/Carb and Brazilia are way better and cheaper too IMO.

Any of you had the CAO Wicked Winter or Scrooge? I'd never heard of them til Monday when I went to a new shop in Winchester and saw them. Picked up one of each.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
At Tobacco Grove for Willie Herrera event, it was a good haul, and got one signed by the man himself!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12340 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Very nice score! Was there bourbon? At this years Cigar fest here, him and J Drew had a couple bottles of pappy hidden (not very well) in the corner of their booth, I eventually got them to share a glass with me.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Enjoying this new to me stick. Nicarao exclusivo perfecto. Packs a bit of a punch, has white pepper, hints of chocolate, earth, leather. I have no idea how old it is but the cellophane is a light brown.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Lit the Divinia and my previous assessment stands. Not horrible but not worth more than half the regular retail price. Funny, I've liked every Ave Maria stick except the box pressed ones.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any experience with cigars from Gran Havana in San Diego? Ran across them today on a layover. Another place that rolls their own cigars right there in house.

Pricier than the Bobalou guys in Austin but it looks like they use better leaves.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Very nice score! Was there bourbon? At this years Cigar fest here, him and J Drew had a couple bottles of pappy hidden (not very well) in the corner of their booth, I eventually got them to share a glass with me.

After hours, there may or may not have been a bottle tequila broken out. Fun dude!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:

After hours, there may or may not have been a bottle tequila broken out. Fun dude!

I wish my local shop would host events like these... Lord knows they'd probably get more of my business.. How are those tubos?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Really good. Had one this morning and it was outstanding. Will you let me send you one?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Smoked my first Monte White tonight. Nice flavor but it started falling apart about halfway through. Was able to finish it but it made smoking it a ton of work. Not for a relaxing experience.

Posts: 11227 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Brad, that is terrible to hear! I really like the White and have always found it to be a great stick. Hoping you will give it another shot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post

Took the day off for an extended weekend. Peet's Major Dickasons and a Montecristo White!

Brad, I had a Montecristo churchill do the same thing to me a couple weeks ago. It sucks when it happens...really sucks if it was your first time trying that cigar.