SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have not had the maduro yet. CI may get them in, but I'm not holding my breath. I keep an eye out at all the little shops but have not found them locally yet.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I saw them on the CI site, it may be sooner than you think!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In all actuality, I never paid attention to where the cigars I like are from. Brazilian this, Dominican that, I try most everything and if I don't like it, usually don't go back to that stick. I fear if I stick to one "location" i may miss out on a really great cigar!

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll be damned if you aren't right! I just checked and there they were...finally! I've been waiting about a year for them to show up

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I too will smoke just about anything once (which is why I smoked the Aging Room and will again)... I find that the cigars I really like tend to be Nicaraguan, but I'm not exclusive.. Take a look at the brands you like and you'll probably find they "tend" to be from a certain country..

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Seems I lean more towards the Nicaraguan sticks too.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am smoking a Gurkha Black Dragon that I got at the auction. There are quite a few out there, but this one had a cedar sleeve on it like the one in this review http://www.stogiereview.com/20...agon-grand-especial/ It was priced at $18 originally so I'll see if it lives up to the price!

posted Hide Post
I guess I lean more towards Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic for sticks that I like.

posted Hide Post
That Gurkha sucked! The wrapper cracked almost instantly, the burn needed constant touch ups, the flavors were good then bad, good then bad, nothing real consistent with it. Not worth the $18 it was priced at. I'm glad I only paid 87 cents for it!

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I know its a bit more humid down here, but i keep mine at 60-65. Dont have any dry or cracking problems, the temp always reads about 74-75.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After bad mouthing that Gurkha last night, the aftertaste has been quite pleasant. I had a butter toffee flavor the rest of the night. Even though the aftertaste has been pleasant, I still wouldn't buy one for the price they wanted. I like to enjoy the flavors while I'm smoking the cigar too.

Ronin, Try 67% first. I found at 65% the cigars lost too much oil and a lot of flavor. I used to stick to 65% but am now at 67% and it is much better. Start small so nothing gets ruined. You may also want to try dry boxing a cigar before you smoke it.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Heading to a Drew Estate event on Thursday with Pedro Gomez - He is the official Drew Estate Factory Spokesman and will be here from Nicaragua -

Not sure what the deals will be, but I know there will be Dirty Rats, Flying Pigs and Ratzilla's - I need to go thru my list, but I'm pretty sure I've smoked all of those -

I have not had a chance to smoke an L-40, and I the Dirty Rat is one of my favorite sticks ever, so I guess we'll see what he brings -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L40 dark and an "A" should be on your list! Unless they are bringing grape Swisher Sweets with them. What a disappointment that would be!!

posted Hide Post
Sitting out smoking a Hoyo de Monterrey tonight. Not a bad smoke. It has a creaminess to it with a hint of pepper. Medium body, perfect draw, tons of smoke. Though, with the creaminess, it is a drier smoke.

posted Hide Post
Ronin, I was finally able to drop the punch in the mail. Tracking # 9505 5129 9016 5286 0625 40 Expected arrival is Thursday

Sorry, I skipped a number.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: petr,

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Cigar.com has 10 Diesel Shortys for $34.99 with free shipping. They're pretty good! FYI...

cigar.com daily deal

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Worked a 18 hour day yesterday and was up for 26 hours straight.. Today I'm working from home, and have these to keep me company. I've never had either (I've had a double ligero never the chisel tip).

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
L'atelier makes a good smoke. Enjoy that one.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I've had all three Nub Cafe now. The espresso and cappuccino were great. The macchiato was horrible. There was a bitter off flavor and the aroma of rubbing alcohol.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Pre-light, the L'atelier had a very predominant molasses smell. I'm surprised to find it is very noticeable now that I'm smoking it. I'm about an inch in and theres some spice now, but a long sweet finish is very noticeable. The burn is a little jagged, but its construction seems to be on par with a Pepin cigar. I'm really liking this cigar so far!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.