SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Emergency two-way radios for what may lie ahead
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emergency two-way radios for what may lie ahead Login/Join 
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Passed my Technician License Exam today...35/35! Cool

Congratulations!

Posts: 7321 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
A question regarding repeaters: I understand the basics regarding how they work, but one thing I'm curious about... do they share the same antenna, or do they require separate antennas? If they require separate, isn't there an issue regarding spacing them far enough apart so that they do not interfere with each other?

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 4600 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Most repeaters do use a single antenna with the repeater being connected to a duplexer and then the antenna.

Posts: 7321 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Gotcha. Thanks!

Posts: 4600 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on the information I've read here on numerous occasions,
I looked in to this subject with some research of my own.

My conclusion is that for some , this hobby could turn into a money pit like quilting , Bass fishing or golf.

On the other hand, there are some very valid reasons to learn about and invest in a few specific radios " just in case"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54684 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and welcome to the family... Now while in the study mode go for the "General Exam".. Easier than you may think... A lot of rehashing basic information..... Myself need to pick up the "Extra" as the test pool questions change with new questions coming out 1 july 2024.. 50 questions out of possible pool of 622..Some questions ask for the same information in a slightly different format, so there aren"t 622 unique questions. ..You must answer 37 out of the 50 to pass.. Minimum passing score is 74%.. so that equals to 6% of the pool.. good luck in climbing the ladder to gain more privilidges and available frequencies for your use............................ drill sgt. ... KL7JIU..

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post