SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big news today...Early Christmas!** First shift report pg 7**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big news today...Early Christmas!** First shift report pg 7** Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sarge!

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1543 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic. It's great to see a good guy win. Congratulations Sarge. MERRY CHRISTMAS a tad early.

Posts: 2896 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and Merry Christmas! Cool

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Don’t forget where you came from.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8158 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1223 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you. Be safe out there.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10988 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Congratulations, and thank you for what you do!

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Sgt. Chongo!

You've put in the work, no doubt there will be challenges and difficulties ahead of you, but your team and your leadership have obviously recognized the work, the effort, the motivation, and the leadership you have demonstrated.

We've never met, but in emailing with both you and your brother, I'm certain you are both cut from the same cloth of integrity...and in reading your posts on the forum over the years I'm absolutely certain that not only did your command leadership make the right decision but that you will quickly demonstrate that they made the right decision.

You have already received a lot of very good advice in this thread and I'm certain that I couldn't advise you about anything that you haven't already figured out and demonstrated.

The officers who work under you, the leadership above you, the department, your community, and your family are all lucky to have you.

Let the other officers know that their efforts are very much appreciated by many of us and to stay safe this Christmas and Holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

CW

Posts: 3208 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
The irony is I made sergeant here before any of my peers at my old agency have made it there. That's proof that switching was truly a great decision.

You worked at it harder and wanted it more! FIFY

Congrats stay focused, there's another rung on the ladder to climb!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8678 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your promotion! Just do your best.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the promotion. As for advice, I know little about law enforcement, but have been management for a long time, so here goes:
1. Be the sergeant you wanted and needed your sergeant to be.
2. Fight to get your troops the equipment and support they need, no matter how many feathers have to be ruffled to do so.
3. Be fair and honest, even if that means coming down against one of your own, if the facts justify it.

Best wishes!

Posts: 1323 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congrats...you earned it.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1915 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic

Posts: 2638 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Good news Sarge! (see what i did there)

Glad you got it, from getting to know you over the past 13 years or so, you are the guy to get it IMO.

Remember the silly shit when you WEREN't in command, then do your best to not bring that same bullshit downhill when you can.

Then remember the bullshit that pissed you off, yet your bosses didn't pay attention to, and do so.

Then, enjoy it. Now you don't just act with the clowns in the circus, you supervise the clowns in the circus.

We will see, there is a chance, that I also have a good X-Mas in the same type.

Glad you got it my friend, you are a great choice for it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Biggest congrats! I admire your leap of faith and hard work. Stay safe out there. Next step Lieutenant Cool

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Smile
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
So...any advice on what I'm supposed to do now? Eek Confused Big Grin

Does the agency have any lieutenant positions to aim for? Wink

Posts: 15145 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Congrats Chongo!

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3635 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post