SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big news today...Early Christmas!** First shift report pg 7**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big news today...Early Christmas!** First shift report pg 7** Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Sarge!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Great achievement.

Posts: 1892 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Congrats, chongo! That's a great early Christmas present.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Sgt. I’m really happy for you

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Any of you guys/gals that have been around for a while know I left my old agency in 2015 and started at a newer, much bigger one. It was a big leap, I left my dream gig for the great unknown, coming to a city where I didn't know anyone and starting in a division that was unlike anything I had ever worked. The move was primarily for my kids/family, after the ex moved them 250 miles from where we had lived. It brought me much closer, with better pay. And it was anything but easy.

In the almost 4 years at my new department I've been very active and worked my butt off. Right off the bat I was given big responsibilities on top of my normal job because of my unique background and certifications, and after earning my dues on the line I was able to get back into the type of policing I enjoyed-a drugs and guns unit.

It all paid off today. Been in a promotional process for the last 3 months, put in a lot of work prepping and testing and interviewing.

Got the phone call this afternoon--selected for promotion! Sergeant Chongosuerte!

It's frankly life-changing. Not just the money, but it's a completely different aspect of the job, one I've worked hard to prepare for. I've got a lot to learn, but I'm excited about this new journey!

The irony is I made sergeant here before any of my peers at my old agency have made it there. That's proof that switching was truly a great decision.

So...any advice on what I'm supposed to do now? Eek Confused Big Grin

Enjoy it, celebrate it, and keep up the good work!

And congratulations, well earned!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Chongo, at least two significant things have happened to you lately.
As far as I know, you may be the last of us to have seen Jim Allen alive, when you paid him your visit.
And now this.
I consider you doubly fortunate, and you clearly earned your promotion.
Congratulations!

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Congrats Chongo!

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
bad-ass, man! You deserve it!!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Chongo, at least two significant things have happened to you lately.
As far as I know, you may be the last of us to have seen Jim Allen alive, when you paid him your visit.
And now this.
I consider you doubly fortunate, and you clearly earned your promotion.
Congratulations!

Thank you.

I’ll hold that day close to my heart for the rest of my life. That was a true honor.

We took a picture that day. Sent him a copy with a nice note when we got back. I’ll post up the pic in his thread when I can.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Now when I get pulled over I’m gonna drop your name! “Your boss and I post on the same forum”

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Sometimes they get it right, and promote the right people. They're lucky to have you, and you've earned that recognition. Enjoy it, and keep doing what you're doing. It's working...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Now you need a tag line like “Stay safe out there.”

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Chongo and well done!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
That is awesome chongo! Congrats.

Just think...now that you're Sergeant you can send others folks to pull over the Krispy Kreme trucks instead of having to do it yourself. That's baller right there.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sgt. Chongo, an excellent early Christmas present.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Leaving (when the time seems right) has always been the right move for me. Outside perspectives and behaviors will always stand out against the contrasting culture. Capitalize on that and it's a huge leg up.

Think about your long term "legacy" goal now, and set your focus on it. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm approaching 50. The time left in my new position of high responsibility will go quickly. I want to leave behind something of note that will outlast me if possible. I'm sure you do too. It won't happen by accident and the culture and noise that existed before will work against your efforts and distract you from the plan.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Hell yes!! Congratulations Sir!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sarge! Your job is about to get a little harder for a little more pay Big Grin

The good news is that you’ll be able to pass your skill set on to the junior guys because everyone knows sergeants are the ones field guys look up to.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That’s great Chongo! You deserve to be recognized for your efforts.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post