SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Healthy food for weight loss thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Healthy food for weight loss thread Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I did it for a month last year as an experiment.

Like you, the difficult thing for me was my love affair with bread. Otherwise I rather enjoyed the experience. I felt better and lost about 20 pounds (though that wasn't the goal).

Interestingly, my lipid numbers worsened. Perhaps one month just wasn't long enough to effect a positive change, but I didn't want to go longer as I felt that I was losing too much weight. I may give it another go and not be quite so strict.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I did it for a month last year as an experiment.

Like you, the difficult thing for me was my love affair with bread. Otherwise I rather enjoyed the experience. I felt better and lost about 20 pounds (though that wasn't the goal).

Interestingly, my lipid numbers worsened. Perhaps one month just wasn't long enough to effect a positive change, but I didn't want to go longer as I felt that I was losing too much weight. I may give it another go and not be quite so strict.

Also interesting is that total Cholesterol and LDL do go up but this is expected and just from those numbers is is normal and not a bad thing.
LDL will go up as well as HDL (good Cholesterol) and also importantly Triglycerides will or should go down.
At least that is the goal.

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post