SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America… Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
America is a country so great that even the people here who hate it refuse to leave for a better country.

Posts: 13086 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The woman’s team was offered the exact same deal as the men’s and they turned it down so they don’t have much to complain about.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Being part of a team comes with the understanding that the actions of an individual impacts the entire team and organization.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
I think sports stars -- and the women's soccer team has cultivated publicity and stardom -- go Prog on us because they feel guilty about their success. They feel unworthy, yet want to show those they left behind that they are still Progressive and caring, so they signal Prog virtue. That turns into Wokeness. Patriotism and love of the flag are targets of Wokeness. These soccer stars seek issues to complain about, to protest, to show how liberal they are. Only a Woke dude or dudette would turn their back on an old soldier playing the national anthem on a harmonica.

As a wise person said, "to those athletes thinking we are listening to them - if I wanted advice from someone who chases a ball, I'd ask my dog."

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
During the National Anthem, the rule is to face the Flag if one is visible, and face the music source if no Flag is visible. Hand over heart (or salute if in uniform or a veteran). Without better video to indicate otherwise, it is possible that proper respect was being rendered.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No matter the optics, they pulled a stunt, got the contriversety they wanted.

At least be true to yourself, hate America & her history? GTFO! I’ll stay right here. Best country in the world. GOD Bless America!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
This is one of the dumbest arguments.

It's a team.

When a team wins a Championship, they don't just give rings to the players who played minutes. They give one to the reserves, those on injured reserves, those on the bench that played 6 minutes of mop up duty 40 games ago.

ETA: Watching it some more and getting more opinions it does look like there is a flag at either end of the stadium. I'm gonna give me a pass.

Not the stupid team argument but this instance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6303 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be a real treat to see one of the players, in any sports, that is respecting the flag cold cock or drop kick one of these self entitled pieces of crap. Drop them on the spot as it were. Instant Karma!

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2885 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
During the National Anthem, the rule is to face the Flag if one is visible, and face the music source if no Flag is visible. Hand over heart (or salute if in uniform or a veteran). Without better video to indicate otherwise, it is possible that proper respect was being rendered.

flashguy

Starting at about 1 minute 30 seconds in the video found in the link Ronin posted on page one, it’s clear the girls with their hands over their hearts have their backs to the gentleman. Seems clear to me they are facing the Flag even though the Flag is not visible in the video.

Why else would they be facing the same direction with their hands over their hearts during the National Anthem.

So 5 girls, hands over hearts, facing the Flag and 4 girls facing the crowd. The entire Mexican team is facing the same direction, the crowd. No one be is facing the veteran.

Fake news, but everyone has to find a reason to be offended these days. That seems to be our commonality as Americans. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Starting at about 1 minute 30 seconds in the video found in the link Ronin posted on page one, it’s clear the girls with their hands over their hearts have their backs to the gentleman. Seems clear to me they are facing the Flag even though the Flag is not visible in the video.

Why else would they be facing the same direction with their hands over their hearts during the National Anthem.

So 5 girls, hands over hearts, facing the Flag and 4 girls facing the crowd. The entire Mexican team is facing the same direction, the crowd…

I find it very odd they cannot figure out as a “team” what direction to face. They look completely unorganized and not unified. I would think since the Vet playing the anthem was directly in front of them 25ft away they would face forward towards him.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, the vet is the flag.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all right Gentlemen- if the shoe fits... you can offer your apology for allowing yourself to fall for the latest sensational / conspiracy / outrage of the moment internet nonsense.

It has all grown so tiresome -- everyone has become so quick to 'slam' another after a vague misinterpretation about something they said, inferred, implied or whatever. How can you go around 'outraged' all the time? I swear this board has got a lot of 'old man shakes fist at cloud' types...

And don't forget -- the internet BUSINESS is all about generating traffic, clicks, re-posts, etc. So the content / headlines are all about creating highly misleading or 'half-true' sensational titles designed SPECIFICALLY to create traffic.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports...spected-wwii-veteran

as Paul Harvey would say -- 'that's the rest of the story'.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
all right Gentlemen- if the shoe fits... you can offer your apology for allowing yourself to fall for the latest sensational / conspiracy / outrage of the moment internet nonsense.

It has all grown so tiresome -- everyone has become so quick to 'slam' another after a vague misinterpretation about something they said, inferred, implied or whatever. How can you go around 'outraged' all the time? I swear this board has got a lot of 'old man shakes fist at cloud' types...

And don't forget -- the internet BUSINESS is all about generating traffic, clicks, re-posts, etc. So the content / headlines are all about creating highly misleading or 'half-true' sensational titles designed SPECIFICALLY to create traffic.

Well said. The amount of knee-jerking around here could use the services of an orthopedic surgeon.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
quote:

Well said. The amount of knee-jerking around here could use the services of an orthopedic surgeon.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Bring in the clouds!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A lot of garbage "news" sites from the right, just like those from the left. Citizen Free Press is just one of many. They concentrate on stoking the fire of divisiveness with lies and half truths..

Q

Posts: 26323 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes there is truth in your words for all to hear, when reading these articles, the first thing to do is look at the source, in this case "Citizen Free Press" are they a trusted news source. Citizen Free Press yeah that seems neutral...

There are thousands of "news sources" on the web, many just create articles designed to get eyeballs on them, and they have audiences that can't wait to believe the garbage they write.

Then google the article, all you have to do is highlight the header and google it, see if you can confirm it before believing it.

Most is click bait or sensationalized not to mention just plain made up....

However being outraged isn't a purview of "old men" plenty of others in all age groups fit that bill...

Now, get off my lawn... Big Grin

Posts: 23375 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Hence the forum’s requirements to post links to news articles and read the first post including the links BEFORE posting.

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
To me, the vet is the flag.

Protocol is to face the flag (if visible). It doesn't matter WHO is up front whether President Trump, a WWII/Korea/Vietnam/Gulf War, Iraq/A-stan war vet, etc - you are supposed to face the flag.

It seems that this is a case of REAL fake news (for a change). Unless proven otherwise, I'm willing to extend the benefit of the doubt and assume the ones who 'turned their backs' were facing the flag.

The follow-on info about them all making a video individually thanking the veteran, and signing a ball for him seems to support this claim.

It also seems that many people here have not read the entire thread before posting. . . Razz

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just stow the sanctimony, huh? "Latest conspiracy theory"?? Please. There's not one word of this accusation against these America-hating twats that does not sound absolutely true. In this case, however, it appears to not be true, but there is nothing which is fantastic or unbelievable or contrived-sounding about that story, Members of that team hate us and they express it whenever and wherever possible. The coaches allow it. Other members refuse to speak up. It's disgraceful. They're all cowards- self-serving cowards. Even if it weren't for the fact that womens soccer is a complete joke in terms of top-end athleticism (have we forgotten the story of the boys high school soccer team who handed these conceited bitches their narrow asses on the field of play? What a joke!), even if they were actual prime athletes, these confused, swollen-headed lesbians deserve no voice about political matters, just as it should be with all athletes- just run, jump, twirl, throw your little ball and keep your fucking ignorant, biased mouths shut. Be grateful that you're allowed to play children's games as an adult, you ungrateful, spoiled, pissing little whiners.

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ummm, sorry, but you're not going to get away with that. Your argument wasn't that this was fake news, but that the entire team shouldn't be disgraced from the actions of some. You don't get to pretend otherwise now.

And look, right on cue our resident leftist apologists have crawled out of the woodwork to offer nothing except to seemingly jump on the opportunity to gloat.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30400 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post