SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sarah Sanders is kicked out of restaurant because “she works for POTUS.”
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sarah Sanders is kicked out of restaurant because “she works for POTUS.” Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
So much for tolerance and civility.

Oh hell, that shit left the building twenty years ago. The commies have simply been building speed. They've now shifted into 5th and are racing right for the cliff.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Seen on the restaurant's Yelp page:

quote:

Active Cleanup Alert

This business recently made waves in the news, which often means that people come to this page to post their views on the news.

While we don’t take a stand one way or the other when it comes to these news events, we do work to remove both positive and negative posts that appear to be motivated more by the news coverage itself than the reviewer’s personal consumer experience with the business.

As a result, your posts to this page may be removed as part of our cleanup process beginning Saturday, June 23, 2018, but you should feel free to post your thoughts about the recent media coverage for this business on Yelp Talk at any time.

Looks like they're getting a bit of flak Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
the wash post is all over it,

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.6928f2c8a897

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
From Lyman's WaPo article:
quote:
Several Red Hen employees were gay, she said. They knew Sanders had defended Trump’s desire to bar transgender people from the military.
gay, transgender, black, poor, etc are the same thing to liberals which is they can't get by on their own without the benevolence of the "enlightened" white liberals.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
I just checked and the website does respond.

For reservations, the phone number that you gave is correct. Not that I'm suggesting that anyone make reservations for a family or company dinner and then "no-show." No, I would never suggest anything like that.
Does anybody live in the area? If so, are they willing to make a reservation and prior to going eat these gas producing foods?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Here's the thing:
I've long been a proponent of doing business (or not) with whoever you want, no reason necessary.

But it's the left that has told us we MUST do business with anyone and everyone.

Here, here.
I'm all in favor of business', particularly small businesses (the lifeblood of America) being able to run their business as they see fit, which includes denying service to whomever they want. However, as we've seen with the gay wedding cake saga, all of these plaintiffs have brought suit against businesses that they had no intention to patronize but, to litigate and create legal precedent. Do all these discrimination suits extent to political beliefs? Somebody walks into your shop with a political slogan on their shirt, you don't like it, you can ask them to leave right?
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
Their suppliers

Buffalo Creek Beef – Lexington, VA
Donald’s Meats – Lexington, VA
Foggy Ridge Cider – Dugspur, VA
Harvest Thyme Herbs – Staunton, VA
Mountain View Farm – Fairfield, VA
Seafood @ West Main – Charlottesville, VA
Wade’s Mill – Raphine, VA

We can do one of two choices:
- Either inform these suppliers to not to business with Red Hen in Lexington, VA or, their other business contacts will be contacted as well.
- Buy-up their inventory so Red Hen is unable to source from them.

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

Does anybody live in the area? If so, are they willing to make a reservation and prior to going eat these gas producing foods?

Maybe you could also open carry inside (only if it's legal).

Posts: 15911 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The owner advised that Sanders "works for the POTUS" and was asked to leave. Everyone that gets a paycheck from the Federal government "works" for the POTUS. So that means that any military, FBI/CIA/NSA/ATF/CDC/DoA/DoS/SCOTUS folks cannot eat there either. Idiots.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:...I've long been a proponent of doing business (or not) with whoever you want, no reason necessary.

But it's the left that has told us we MUST do business with anyone and everyone.

Clear double standard, liberals demand from others things they refuse to give of themselves.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even if I lived in the area this is not my kind of place. Decor ala Cracker Barrel with farm fresh foods. I can go to the farmers or seafood market and prepare these foods for myself.

I generally prefer eating at establisments that have chefs with culinary experience.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thing it wasn’t a bakery or the owner would really be in trouble.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
In moral symmetry I guess the lesson is that a straight cannot discriminate against a gay for being gay, but can discriminate a gay if some other gay person has ever hurt his/her feelings?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
In moral symmetry. . .

Moral Symmerty is not in the liberal dictionary. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.mediaite.com/onlin...olutely-do-it-again/

Red Hen owner Stephanie Wilkinson said she was actually home when she got a phone call informing her that Sanders had walked into her small, farm-to-table restaurant.

“[The chef] said the staff is a little concerned. What should we do?” Wilkinson told WaPo. “I said I’d be down to see if it’s true.”

Wilkinson also said she had her doubts that Sanders would actually be in a restaurant in her small, rural town but once arriving, she confirmed it was true and Sanders was indeed seated at a group table with other adults.

She then huddled with the staff, many who took issue with the White House on a number of issues and some who are gay, and asked them if they thought Sanders should go.

They did, so she asked Sanders to accompany her to the patio.

“I was babbling a little, but I got my point across in a polite and direct fashion,” Wilkinson said. “I explained that the restaurant has certain standards that I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty, and compassion, and cooperation…I said, ‘I’d like to ask you to leave.’ ”

Wilkinson made it clear that she would do it again.

“Absolutely, yes, I would have done the same thing again,” the Red Hen owner said. “We just felt there are moments in time when people need to live their convictions. This appeared to be one.”

Posts: 19606 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I guess also since the left believes in punishing their enemies with the IRS, the Red Hen should be getting an audit that would make Leona Helmsly blush...

Fuck the left and their hypocrisy. I hope people pack the place with reservations and dont show up

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I explained that the restaurant has certain standards

Why do I have no doubt that Che Guevara or Joseph Stalin would be treated as a celebrity in that joint....

This owner does not know it (no surprise given her limited capacity for free thought) but the very thing she claims to be fighting is the very thing she is perpetrating.

But then...leftists. The drum beat tends to drown out rational thought.

'Nuff Said.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
If that place was nearby I would go in order food and leave before it came out. Fuck these idiots and their games. They depend on our ability to remain civilized but civility left the building in 2009.

On a positive note I frequent a Texmex restaurant just outside my neighborhood and had a great conversation with the owner who took advantage of Reagan's amnesty program and he turned out to be a huge Trump fan. It's hard to argue with results, he told me. Good man. I plan to take the family out to eat there often.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’d love a gay person to explain what exactly this administration has done that makes them afraid. Not what they feel the admin might do, but actual actions that the Trump administration has taken that gays should be afraid of.

And I’d love to ask the gay employees of that restaurant how they’d feel if they went to a restaurant owned by a Christian and asked to leave because they made the straight employees uncomfortable.

It’s ridiculous. I never thought I’d say this but the treatment of Trump, his administration, family and voters has lead me to firmly believe that this country can not and will not survive. The left is absolutely unreasonable and becoming more and more hostile every day. It’s getting damn near time for the adults to take back control.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Oh it will survive. The tree of liberty may need to be replenished with the lifeblood of tyrants at some point. But it will endure.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not what they feel the admin might do, but actual actions that the Trump administration has taken that gays should be afraid of.

I ask this of all the Trump haters I know. About everything. The left has been screaming about "nazi's" taking people in the dead of the night, about illegals being swept off to camps, gays locked up for no reason....but what has really happened? NOTHING. They have no response for the facts. Just more propaganda and vitriol.

Yes this country cannot survive the current state of affairs. That is certain.

"....all enemies foreign AND domestic....."

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post