SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sarah Sanders is kicked out of restaurant because “she works for POTUS.”
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sarah Sanders is kicked out of restaurant because “she works for POTUS.” Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Sarah Sanders has slammed the manager of a Virginia restaurant who refused to serve her and seven family members on Friday night, saying: 'Her actions say far more about her than about me'.

The White House Press Secretary tweeted on Saturday morning to say she 'politely left' the Red Hen in Lexington after the boss said she was not welcome 'because I work for POTUS'.

Sanders has received intense criticism over recent days as the public defender of President Trump's now reversed policy to separate migrant children from their families.

Sanders tweeted on Saturday morning to say the incident at the Red Hen in Lexington on Friday night 'says far more' about the manager than it did about her.

The White House Press Secretary (pictured on June 14) has received intense criticism over recent days as the public defender of President Trump's now reversed policy to separate migrant children from their families.

The incident first came to light when staff member Jaike Foley-Schultz said he was only able to serve Sanders for two minutes before the manager came and kicked her out.

'I just served Sarah Huckabee Sanders for a total of 2 minutes before my owner kicked her out along with 7 of her other family members,' he posted on Facebook.

The post went viral after Brennan Gilmore, the director of nonprofit green group Clean Virginia, shared it on Twitter along with a handwritten note supposedly from the restaurant that read: '86 — Sara Huckabee Sanders'.

Gilmore wrote: '@PressSecretary got kicked out of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Va tonight. Apparently the owner didn’t want to serve her and her party out of moral conviction.'

'86' is restaurant industry slang meaning 'throw out'.

She tweeted on Saturday morning in response to the incident: 'Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left.

'Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so.'

Sanders' father, Mike Huckabee, the governor of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007, also slammed the decision to evict his daughter.

'Bigotry. On the menu at Red Hen Restaurant in Lexington VA. Or you can ask for the “Hate Plate”. And appetizers are “small plates for small minds”' he tweeted on Saturday.

The Red Hen's social media pages are now being bombarded with comments of purported diners from all over the country.

The posts range across the political spectrum, from supportive comments from Trump critics to abuse from his supporters.

Jaike Foley-Schultz, a server at the Red Hen in Lexington, said the White House Press Secretary lasted just two minutes in the restaurant on Friday night until his boss asked her to leave

The post went viral after Brennan Gilmore, the director of nonprofit green group Clean Virginia, shared it on Twitter along with a handwritten note supposedly from the restaurant that read: '86 — Sara Huckabee Sanders'. 86 is slang for 'kick out'

Sanders' father, Mike Huckabee, the governor of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007, also slammed the decision to evict his daughter

Douglas S. from Chico, California, wrote: 'Based on their hate and prejudices I would not patronize this place. Americans have worked hard for peace and social justice but up with a place that is owned by an intolerant fascist.'

Steven C., from Marysville, Washington, was also scathing, writing: 'I would never eat here again. The owner is a bigot. The way I've seen him treat customers is despicable. Don't waste your money here!'

Others supported the decision, with Frederick H. of Jackson writing: 'Thank you for standing up for all of us. Will definitely visit next month when I'm in the area.'

And Will S. wrote from Las Vegas: 'Highly recommend! If you want a place that has amazing food and has the right moral compass, I would go to the Red Hen!'

Dailymail.com has contacted the Red Hen for comment.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently Sarah Sanders is not a " protected class " . Roll Eyes

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The owner of the restaurant was hoping for a confrontation and blowup with Sarah Sanders to make her look bad and cause bad press for her.

She thwarted that by "politely" leaving the place.

I don't think the owner got exactly what they wanted here.
Funny.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is their number as posted on Facebook.I tried to call it but it seems to be disconnected at the moment,and their website seems to be down.
I will continue to try and make contact with them and let them know what I think of their behavior. I hope a few million other Americans will do the same.

http://www.redhenlex.com/

(540) 464-4401

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
hopefully they get a shit ton of bad press - and it financially hurts them

why would someone piss off the 'press' secretary Smile

mental giants at work right there

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard about this about an hour ago, but their website was already taken down, so I couldn't tell people that I contracted Ebola on my visit there last week. Too bad.

The food sucked, too. Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Better yet, seems she didn’t even advertise that this happened. It was others’ social media posts that got this attention. She comes out smelling like a rose.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I understand that many on the left are concerned about the divided nature of our country at the moment. I assume that is the reason this cretin kicked her out of the restaurant, so we can have a conversation? So we can come together? So we can blah, blah, fucking blah?

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will eventually have to get a new phone number and website,and I am sure word will spread fast when that happens.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you imagine being a restaurant owner and finding out your manager performed an act like this.

I can't believe that a real businessman would do something like this that would divide their clientele.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
So much for tolerance and civility. I just want to believe that the left is one day going to regret the new rules they are writing.So far the right has been willing to take the high road, but I don't see it lasting forever.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the real outcome is for places that do this? Do they flourish for making a stand or shrivel up and die since they mixed politics with business?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give this e-mail address a try to send them your heartfelt sentimemts -

comments@redhenlex.com

Posts: 3479 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Ah, the tolerant left Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
What were they thinking? I assume they were all wearing shirts and shoes.

It’s not like they were asked to bake a cake or Sarah’s wedding or something.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
Could you imagine being a restaurant owner and finding out your manager performed an act like this.

I can't believe that a real businessman would do something like this that would divide their clientele.

Apparently it was the owner himself who kicked her out.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
So much for tolerance and civility. I just want to believe that the left is one day going to regret the new rules they are writing.So far the right has been willing to take the high road, but I don't see it lasting forever.

As we all here know, tolerance and civility is a one way street for liberals.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sarah Sanders is a class act, and this mess will come back to bite this restaurant in the ass!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
This is their number as posted on Facebook.I tried to call it but it seems to be disconnected at the moment,and their website seems to be down.

I will continue to try and make contact with them and let them know what I think of their behavior. I hope a few million other Americans will do the same.

http://www.redhenlex.com/

(540) 464-4401
I just checked and the website does respond.

For reservations, the phone number that you gave is correct. Not that I'm suggesting that anyone make reservations for a family or company dinner and then "no-show." No, I would never suggest anything like that.

Here's what he says on his website (Hypocrisy?):
quote:
Finding the Red Hen and meeting the team who built it, I feel like I have met like-minded people who understand the real meaning of southern hospitality.

Here's a photo of the owner, from the restaurant's website;

And his partner:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Red Hen in Lexington

Another location that is NOT Affiliated with the Lexington one is also getting very bad press. I wonder if the owner of the other location can SUE the Lexington location for loss revenue, etc. ? God Bless Smile

https://www.washingtonian.com/...s-not-the-one-in-dc/

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post