SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Just sighted in my 16" AR with my new MTAC 1.5x6. It's a little heavy but I like the increased range it provides.

I want to see them long before they see me.

Good feeling

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of colomtn
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone needs more motivation.

US officials, lawmakers warn of growing jihad-inspired attacks

My grandfather voted republican until the day he died, now he votes democrat.

Posts: 4346 | Location: Western Slope of Colorado | Registered: August 09, 2008Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I make a point of NEVER letting my ammunition stocks get below the figures on my permit.

It's a lot, by some folk's standards, although not by any of you.

Most of my shooters are in easy-to-find/make calibres, but that doesn't mean that I'm not willing to 'share' out my stash of .45-70 Govt. With a 1600 fps 500gr semi-jacket soft-point you can bet that's going to sting.

tac

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not willing to 'share' out my stash of .45-70 Govt. With a 1600 fps 500gr semi-jacket soft-point you can bet that's going to sting

Sir: I would think should you come under attack by a group of large, quadra-ped mammals, such as say, Cape Buffalo, you are well prepared!

Seriously, we are all going to be shooting something on two legs soon if this continues.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of colomtn
posted Hide Post
Bill Whittle, cleaned his rifle.

Link for Iphone folks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pf9nVZ6l3M#t=472

My grandfather voted republican until the day he died, now he votes democrat.

Posts: 4346 | Location: Western Slope of Colorado | Registered: August 09, 2008Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
I make a point of NEVER letting my ammunition stocks get below the figures on my permit.

Serious question, opportunity to educate the ignorant american: What does that mean, "the figures on [your] permit"?

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Smile

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:

Serious question, opportunity to educate the ignorant american: What does that mean, "the figures on [your] permit"?

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Smile

I am presuming that since he is one of our good friends from a place that is not as friendly to gun owners he is probably limited in the amount of ammunition he is allowed to possess based upon the firearms he is permitted to have.

He will probably be along shortly to clarify.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
All my weapons are already clean since the last time I fired them, so I changed all the batteries in my lights and optics and ordered a CZ Scorpion and a G43. Not to mention I have been buying ammo every week...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Today should obliterate any lingering doubts about what we're dealing with in America right now.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^+1000

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
So, I have never thought of keeping my rifle in my truck unless going to the camp.

Right now I am giving thought to some type of PDW, be it an ar, ar pistol, 30-30 or something with a little more than oomph than a handgun.

A folding stock SBR in a pack is the ticket but not a fan of having to register with .gov.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I've cleaned all my rifles and pistols. today at 2pm I purchased my first shotgun

Looking forward to getting this thing to the range, this is a stock photo, will upload 'real' pics in next couple days - along with range report.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/ksg/shotgun/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mrs DF just came home and asked for an accounting of how much ammo I have for the ARs. She paused when I said 10k on stripper clips and components for another 5k. "Okay, that might be enough" I think she's getting pretty sick of all of this.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
After the attack in Tunsinia I told my wife it won't be long until we see this in the US. That same day I started carrying an SBR in a backpack when going into civilization (we live in the country).

My wife and I both carry handguns that share magazines.

It's a shame it has come to this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have owned them and sold them, but I think that an 5.56 pistol or a 45acp carbine for the car is in order.

Be well

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Why my .300BLK travels with me every day.

I pray to god I never need it.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Bought a Colt 6920 a few months ago for going into town as a truck gun, it's hard to think that this is what is becoming of our country.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for the 10" Sig 516 Pistol prices to come down so I could use it for the "truck gun". They have gone up! The Radical AR Pistols still look like a good deal though, may have to go that route.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This article highlights the new danger:

http://www.dillonprecision.com...ugust_2015_Issue.pdf

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I've got some pump shotguns I didn't pay much for and would feel ok about locking in the car, but I can't see too much use in them. I could load with slugs and have a pretty nasty stopper but not a quick loader. Couldn't use anything but slugs since it is always a crowded place. I just don't feel good with a $500+ Rifle in the car, even locked up. Worth it?

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Report This Post