SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snow coming for the South..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snow coming for the South.. Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted
Looks like I will be getting a snow day Monday Big Grin

I was hoping Frankie had a video up but no dice Confused

https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsandwolves/videos

A warning for Iowa for tomorrow

Posts: 5294 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
We are just over the Ga state line on a mountain in NC, we're expecting a pretty good hit of show/ice. We have plenty of food, 20kw standby generator, and a great wood stove. However we are going to bring up a full truck load of oak & maple from our storage lot. At least we have the wood shop to keep us entertained...

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
That's not the South! Big Grin

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, just in time for Lobby Day. It was coooold back in 2019, now we'll have the snow, but it didn't (and won't) stop our dedicated members from turning out. See you VA patriots there!

Posts: 6396 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Looking like a significant ice storm too, lot's of folks without power

Posts: 5294 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We're supposed to be getting 3ish inches of snow from this on Saturday, but then it'll be nearly 40 on Sunday so it won't stick around long.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Next Monday, high of 62 and temps down to 38 at night, brrrr gonna have to wear long pants...

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty damn excited! I miss the snow like crazy ever since I moved down here. I had the corporate relocation boys pack up my 12 horse, 36 inch, three stage snowblower. I'll be the hero of the neighborhood if we get some accumulation.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
You never really know what to expect around here.
They are either nothing or much worse than predicted. We are near the southern edge so it can go either way.
All the grocery stores will be bought out even more than they are now.

Posts: 9454 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well fucksticks. We just had our power restored after 6 days of no power.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Y'all can have it! I just had a taste of it in Virginia last week and wasn't impressed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
I live in Charlotte, NC and they are predicting 3-5 inches of snow/ice.....or nothing. Grocery stores were out of milk and bread (in addition to the other shortages already in place). Monday is a holiday so no schools to cancel. After living most of my life in the try-state area, the response to any mention of snow in the South is exasperating and occupies all the local news.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Grocery store check list: bread, milk, toilet paper

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Hope they close 95 this time. Wink

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Ugh Roll Eyes

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11441 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
My old general manager is now GM at Wintergreen in the Blue Ridge. He's got to be happy.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3431 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

You forgot the Clausen Garlic Dill Pickles.

Posts: 11811 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
From WXSOUTH

Eek

If you live in Atlanta area--not sure what your local forecasts are there, but the writing is on the wall. This is heading toward an extreme scenario. We know for a fact cold air damming will be super strong in this event in the Piedmont of Carolinas and down to Atlanta region. We know that temps are going to drop all over the city and even probably south of town as the low approaches, and the wetbulbs are met . Meaning temps decline as the precip increases, thanks to physics and cold air damming. And to top it off with 1 and 1/2 to 2" of liquid equivalent coming, well, this is the recipe for a disaster. Snow north of town, but a gigantic, devastating ICE STORM is on the table for areas south of the mountains down to the city proper. Of course, sleet and freezing rain will be the variable precip types, and likely ending as snow as every model wraps in moisture at the end, when its cold enough to flip any freezing rain and sleet back to snow. But the dominant form in Atlanta will be freezing rain and sleet. An area in the damming zone in piedmont NC, SC and now more and more of Georgia south of the mountains will be hit with a devastating icestorm. roughly along the 85 corridor. Begin making preparations for power outages on a massive scale as soon as you can if you live between Atlanta Charlotte and Raleigh.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
So where is all that Global Warming?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

You forgot the Clausen Garlic Dill Pickles.

Good luck on that... have not seen those in over a year..... nothing but slices and halves with they have them.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post