SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snow coming for the South..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snow coming for the South.. Login/Join 
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Snowing in Newnan right now (35 miles south of ATL airport).

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
They’re calling for more snow in North Georgia on Friday.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Snowed for almost 8 hours today but it was so warm we got basically no accumulation. Might have had about 1/4" at its highest point. Stood around outside with all our neighbor friends and had beverages while the kids played. Great day.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They told us it was going to be a snowy hell and nothing happened. I hate all the drama of TV weather people, scaring the fuck out of viewers for the sake of ratings.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107493 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^That drama's not limited to the TV 'weather people'... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They told us it was going to be a snowy hell and nothing happened. I hate all the drama of TV weather people, scaring the fuck out of viewers for the sake of ratings.

Para,

I was in the Grocery biz for 35 yrs,

nobody was hated more by Gro folks that the weather man,

oh sure, it's great to sell the entire damn store in a day or 2,,

but in the big picture, that big sales day is followed by several slow days,
you have more work to do, as in recovery,
orders, receiving, attempting to keep labor in line is a joke, cause you pay the folks that can show up OT while most lay out 'due to the weather',
the spike screws up the auto orders, so more time spent adjusting,

so my normal 65+ hr week would turn into 75+
and have to deal with crazy people at the store, and driving in it,

even more frustrating when nothing happens

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Para,

I was in the Grocery biz for 35 yrs,

nobody was hated more by Gro folks that the weather man,

oh sure, it's great to sell the entire damn store in a day or 2,,

but in the big picture, that big sales day is followed by several slow days,
you have more work to do, as in recovery,
orders, receiving, attempting to keep labor in line is a joke, cause you pay the folks that can show up OT while most lay out 'due to the weather',
the spike screws up the auto orders, so more time spent adjusting,

so my normal 65+ hr week would turn into 75+
and have to deal with crazy people at the store, and driving in it,

even more frustrating when nothing happens

There were people freaking out up here in Ohio yesterday. Bottled water and some other non perishable stuff.
I went in and bought a steak and some bread.
Of course we did get hit here but the power is still up so....
Feel for the grocery stores.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Us too...High of 26 on Friday, Low of 18, more snow and wind through Sat....

It is in fact Winter...finally. After that week between Christmas and New Years that was in the mid 70's Im kind of glad.

quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
They’re calling for more snow in North Georgia on Friday.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Roads around here, Gwinnett and Walton counties are clear. I'd say we had about 2-3" in north Gwinnett and it looks like they might have gotten 1/2" here in Walton at work.

No snow day for me

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Meh... we got about a inch over here in Woodstock. Just enough to get the kid out in play for a bit and throw some snow balls.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
What a joke. I prepped like mad for two inches of snow and a few wind gusts.

At least Jim Cantore can go back to whatever hole he climbed out of.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Groceries in the pantry, gas in the cars, shovel at the ready.

So long as we don't lose power, I'll be content to build a fire in the patio fire pit, stuff a couple of beverages into the snow next to it, and get to shoveling and snowman building. Cool

I like your thinking!

Ahhh, yeahhhh. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I'm full-on " Mrs Kravitz " here, but -- omgosh! -- watching my neighbors is fascinating.

1) They're "not from around here."
2) They're evidently not great drivers.
3) Maybe they're not familiar with winter at all?

Best I can tell, there are three generations in the house. "Grandpa" claims to speak no English, "Mom and Dad" do, and are pleasant. There's a teenager and a couple of little kids.

Grandpa definitely can't drive in snow. I saw that last winter.
This morning he was intent on heading out, despite a 6" snow and all-season tires on his Camry. Wasn't happening. He got out of the driveway and into the road, but that was all he could do. That car wasn't going anywhere. I had the snow blower out, working on my own driveway, and cleaned off enough of his that he could get his car back in. "No work today," he said, grinning.

Now I see the teenager out, trying to back her car out of the driveway, having cleared exactly none of it. What got my attention was the sound of the leaf blower she was trying to use to get the frozen snow off her car. Then I saw her using a dustpan, and then the garden rake. That wasn't happening, so now she's poured buckets of water on it to melt the snow. And she's poured it on/behind all the wheels.

This is danged fascinating.... Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You are documenting all of this with video, of course!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^

[In my best Foghorn Leghorn voice, with great sarcasm:] Why, that would be rude, and downright un-neighborly, kind sir! I'm shocked at the suggestion! [/Foghorn Leghorn] Razz

I will admit I did take a few pics, though! Big Grin

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
..and if AccuWeather is correct, we have more on the way for this coming weekend (and for us north of Richmond or so, Wednesday night/Thursday morning).

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post