SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We are indeed buying a house in the Villages Florida
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We are indeed buying a house in the Villages Florida Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Isn't this the retirement community in Florida that a few years ago they discovered had the highest STD rate in the country per capita?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Isn't this the retirement community in Florida that a few years ago they discovered had the highest STD rate in the country per capita?

Subject has been covered and is totally bogus. It's a stupid rumor started years ago when one doctor wrote an article on having seen a lot of STDs in The Villages. The story got picked up by multiple places and totally changed. Christ, the Villages is huge, over 150K residents, over 3 counties in Florida. It's not a swingers paradise.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12449 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Aw, dammit, another treasured legend discombobulated.

Are you suuuure, frayedends?

Darn.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Aw, dammit, another treasured legend discombobulated.

Are you suuuure, frayedends?

Darn.

Well I’ll give a wink to good looking couples when I get there and report back. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12449 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frayedends - your "yellow dot" is no longer showing up on the homesite map. You must have closed on the house recently - congrats!

We were *this* close to buying the Robin model 3 doors down from you but weren't sure what size pool we good get on the lot. We ended up buying a lot in the new Enclave area - heading down next week for the design meetings.

Posts: 164 | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When is the first SEX party?

Posts: 17268 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
When you guys get here we need to have a shootin meet....

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

It's only pickleball and bocce on the schedule now, but once all the "gun guys" get moved in I'm sure things will start to heat up.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cudameat:
Frayedends - your "yellow dot" is no longer showing up on the homesite map. You must have closed on the house recently - congrats!

We were *this* close to buying the Robin model 3 doors down from you but weren't sure what size pool we good get on the lot. We ended up buying a lot in the new Enclave area - heading down next week for the design meetings.

That is awesome. We won't be there until Oct. 6 and then only for a week. Just bought a golf cart that we won't use much either. But we had to have it. The Enclave looks awesome. We'll have to meet up. And yes, we closed on Sept 12 technically. It didn't get recorded until the 13th. They actually made us send a new signature page from the closing docs because we added a date where none was required. So silly.

These go to eleven.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
When you guys get here we need to have a shootin meet....

But then you will know how bad my shooting is. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

It's only pickleball and bocce on the schedule now, but once all the "gun guys" get moved in I'm sure things will start to heat up.

This is hilarious!

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

Just bought a golf cart that we won't use much either. But we had to have it.

Yeah I guess the golf car(t) is a must. What did you end up doing - new/used, gas/elec, Yamaha, EZGO, Club Car...? Crazy how much those things cost...also, did you buy from The Villages Golf Cars store?

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Okay so we really shouldn't have spent what we did for a golf cart that won't get used often. But hey, it's only money.

We went with a floor model that had 500 off. It was basically everything we wanted. We did go with Villages Golf Cars store. We priced out at a couple places and Villages maybe a tiny bit higher priced, but not enough to skip the convenience. Plus they will add anything you want.

I don't love the blue color, a bit too light. But it was a compromise with the wife. Got the gray color cart and she got the blue seats. This thing is loaded.

All my research was that Yamaha is the best/quietest for a gas cart. Since we won't always be there I didn't want to deal with lithium.

Oh and this was over 18K after tax. It has full dash, the upgraded seats. Tons of LED lights, self canceling directionals (I realized I need that when we had a rental wihout it), JBL bluetooth speakers.

These go to eleven.

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new place. It definitely looks like a a great place to be. Looks like whoever gets bored there it’s their own damn issue!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Fancy cart, we bought ours in 03 up in the Villages, Club Car, all the trimmings at the time, still have it, you take care of them and they last.

Be sure to put some Sta-Bil in the gas tank since you won't be there, and you should go to Buckee's and get non ethanol fuel as well to protect the thing from the alcohol in the standard fuel from messing up things.

Did you spec out a safe to store your concealed in LOL...

Be sure to get a nice pocket carry like the LCP Max 380, KelTec P-3AT or similar, you'll want a nice light pocket carry LOL

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
We won’t be there too much for a couple years. I’ll deal with a safe later. My p365 is fine for now.

The Villages golf cart store has non ethanol gas. So that’s great. Cart will be driven every 2 weeks at a minimum from the people doing our home watch.

These go to eleven.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
It has full dash, the upgraded seats. Tons of LED lights, self canceling directionals, JBL bluetooth speakers.

Needs Fuzzy Dice...I can't imagine it will 'go to eleven' otherwise! Razz

Had you opted for the 'Lithium Powered' model, this placard would have been required signage... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8949 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Apparently if I hang a loofa on the cart it means we are swingers. The different colors supposedly identify what you are into. But I haven't found the color code for "no other dicks in the room". Big Grin

These go to eleven.